Hilton - Disney Springs - Best lowest cost room ?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
We are looking for a nice hotel in Disney Springs
The Hilton looks good to us - 2 adults in our 60's
Pool is not in the plan
Location is the best
No views needed - just something not over a parkway or road
Best room to request ?
Floor?
View?

Which Hilton: the Hilton Lake Buena Vista or Hilton Buena Vista Palace?

The Hilton Lake Buena Vista is right next to Interstate 4 (I-4). About 40% of the rooms have a direct view of I-4. Some rooms are only 270 feet (82 meters) from that busy road.

hiltonlbv-i4-proximity.jpg

Link to Bing Maps: https://binged.it/2BD8uXV

Unfortunately, that Hilton is average, at best. I stayed there many nights (about 60 in the past 5 years) and never had a perfect stay. Several times, I had major issues. Things like being woken prior to 7am by groundskeepers using leaf blowers just a few feet from the building (on two separate occasions). Or, having a broken toilet that took over an hour and 3 separate phone calls to get fixed.

Personally, I won't stay there unless the total price (including resort fee) is under about $110. Any more and I would feel like I'm overpaying.

As for the Hilton Buena Vista Palace, I have only stayed there once since it took on the Hilton flag. The room to which I was assigned was the filthiest room I've experience in over 3 decades. I checked out after one night and it's on my "Do Not Return" list until they fully renovate all of their guest rooms.

That hotel did renovate their public spaces. They did a good job with that. And for the record, other people who post here haven't had horror stories about the lack of cleanliness of the guest rooms.

None of that is probably what you want to hear. But, that's my take on those two Hilton properties.

We are looking for a nice hotel in Disney Springs
The Hilton looks good to us - 2 adults in our 60's
Pool is not in the plan
Location is the best
No views needed - just something not over a parkway or road
Best room to request ?
Floor?
View?

So here are the hotels.

disneysprings-hotels-labels.jpg

Hilton would be the closest walk from "lobby" of the Hiltons ... like @writerguyfl says it is LONG OVERDUE for a renovation, to the point it seems strange and maybe it's going towards the end of their Hilton contract. We have stopped staying here. We are Hilton Honors and if we stay at Disney Springs it is in the Doubletree, but since location is important ... it is the farthest down the road ... it might not be of interest.

I would ask for a Disney Springs view and we have high floor in our HH preferences always.

Maybe the Best Western next door will be good

BW is not next door but towards the other end by Doubletree Resort.

Note that the BW has been bought by Drury and is currently filing all the permits to begin a new tower and renovation of public spaces outside. I think then they will renovate the existing tower. Depending on dates one could be there with substantial construction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter