Hilton Bonnet Creek or Hilton Orlando Lake BV? (NOT palace)

dopeynme

DIS Veteran
Hi! DH and I are looking at a trip for spring 2020, using Hilton points.

They offered Hilton Bonnet Creek or Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista. Any input?

I saw a previous thread comparing BC to BV Palace, but I think Hilton Orlando Lake BV is different?

Thanks!

Yes, the Hilton Lake Buena Vista is a different hotel. I've stayed at all of the Hiltons you're referencing.

In the past 5 years, I've stayed at least 40 nights at the Hilton Lake Buena Vista. It's not a great hotel. The staff is disinterested and I always had at least one problem on every stay. Some problems were minor. However, on other trips I had a broken toilet that took over an hour and 3 phone calls to get someone to the room to fix. And on two different trips, I was woken by groundskeepers using leaf blowers near the guest rooms prior to 7am. The response when I complained about that was like "that's when they come, there's nothing we can do about it."

Now, I only stay at the Hilton Lake Buena Vista if it's dirt cheap. My definition of dirt cheap for that hotel would be around $110 or less, including resort fee.

On Hilton points, go with the Hilton Bonnet Creek. It's a much better hotel in a more tranquil setting. (Most rooms there have nice views. At the Hilton Lake Buena Vista, about 40% of the room directly face Interstate 4.) The pool at the Hilton Bonnet Creek is great, if water is your thing.

If you're planning on using the theme park shuttles at the Hilton Bonnet Creek, make sure to check the frequency. It's generally once per hour with gaps in the afternoon where it's 2 or even 3 hours between shuttles. They publish the schedule online, but it's usually only for the current week. Still, it will give you an idea of how it works.

http://www.bonnetshuttle.com/

Hilton Bonnet Creek is hands down the better hotel, it is actually part of a larger luxury resort complex that includes the Waldorf Astoria next door (they are attached), a golf club, spa, 7+ on-site restaurants/bars, multiple pools/recreation areas, and a dedicated luxury motor-coach shuttle that provides frequent transportation to all four WDW parks and DS. The resort is also in a more secluded setting (compared to other resorts), tucked away in a nook surrounded by a nature preserve and golf courses, some of the rooms (especially "Disney View" rooms) also have great views of the parks in the distance.

Last edited:

Hilton Bonnet creek would be my choice. I have also received a low cost offer to upgrade to the Waldorf Bonnet creek when attaching my Hilton Honors account to a Hilton Bonnet creek reservation. The Waldorf is even nicer. You can swim at both pools. Having stayed in suites at both I will say the best room I had was a Hilton Bonnet creek presidential suite. It was so big I had trouble finding where I put my “stuff.”

Hilton Bonnet creek would be my choice. I have also received a low cost offer to upgrade to the Waldorf Bonnet creek when attaching my Hilton Honors account to a Hilton Bonnet creek reservation. The Waldorf is even nicer. You can swim at both pools. Having stayed in suites at both I will say the best room I had was a Hilton Bonnet creek presidential suite. It was so big I had trouble finding where I put my “stuff.”
Thank you!

It looks like somebody commented on how the Hilton Bonnet Creek may have long periods of time without a shuttle. Can anybody speak to the transportation to the parks from the Hilton Lake Buena Vista? I am also booking a trip and am deciding between the two. Can anybody list any pros to staying at the Lake Buena Vista over the Bonnet Creek (using points so cost would not be a factor)

It looks like somebody commented on how the Hilton Bonnet Creek may have long periods of time without a shuttle. Can anybody speak to the transportation to the parks from the Hilton Lake Buena Vista? I am also booking a trip and am deciding between the two. Can anybody list any pros to staying at the Lake Buena Vista over the Bonnet Creek (using points so cost would not be a factor)

It won't be that much different or difficult to manage as the Disney Springs Shuttle and honestly as bad as it's become at Disney resorts, I'd be fine with this.

http://www.bonnetshuttle.com/

PS> They are apples and oranges and hands down I'd be booking Bonnet Creek. And I'd look to Doubletree or offsite before I'd book Hilton LBV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter