Hiking in Ohio

TEENEE

<font color=red>I can wiggle my ears<br><font colo
We will be going to Ohio in June to visit family. We will be in the Dayton area. My dd and I would like to take a day hike. Nothing too difficult, maybe in the moderate range. Any suggestions?

We will be going to Ohio in June to visit family. We will be in the Dayton area. My dd and I would like to take a day hike. Nothing too difficult, maybe in the moderate range. Any suggestions?

The only place I know of where people go to to hike close-by is Hocking Hills, but it is about an hour and a half away. Cox Arboretum is a nice place to spend a few hours. It is just a few minutes south of Dayton.

The only place I know of where people go to to hike close-by is Hocking Hills, but it is about an hour and a half away. Cox Arboretum is a nice place to spend a few hours. It is just a few minutes south of Dayton.

Thanks for the suggestions. We'll be visiting my inlaws. I love them dearly but they are homebodies and it can get boring.

Unless it is too far away I second Hocking Hills. Here is the hiking section of their website. They have hiking, kayaking, ziplining, and a host of other things to do, you can even camp overnight if you'd like.

If you were closer to the Northeastern corner I could give you some more options but I'm afraid the Dayton area isn't one I'm that familiar with.

I third Hocking Hills, was just there last year. Do the Old Man Cave area. Start at the top end of the gorge, work your way down to the cave then downward to the lower falls section.

Hocking Hills is what I was going to suggest also - we're going again this coming June. Lots of hiking there, be sure to check out Old Man's Cave. :goodvibes

Not far from Dayton is Yellow Springs. There is John Bryan Park, Glen Helen, and Clifton Gorge. Very nice parks. Depending where in Dayton area... 15-30 minutes away. I live 15 minutes away. Let me know if you have any questions.

Hocking Hills is a couple hours away.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using DISBoards

Not far from Dayton is Yellow Springs. There is John Bryan Park, Glen Helen, and Clifton Gorge. Very nice parks. Depending where in Dayton area... 15-30 minutes away. I live 15 minutes away. Let me know if you have any questions.

Hocking Hills is a couple hours away.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using DISBoards

I was going to suggest the same places. We love Clifton Gorge.

According to Rand McNally, Hocking Hills is about a two hour drive from where we will be staying. It certainly sounds like it will be worth the drive. Thanks for all the ideas. I'll let you all know how it goes after our trip. Is it June yet?

Thank you for your advice. My dd and I really enjoyed our hike.

We started at the visitors center. We hiked the Upper Falls trail, then the Gorge Overlook to Cedar Falls and back to Old Mans Cave. One of the highlights of the day was seeing a deer on the Gorge Overloook. Of course we saw and heard a lot of birds and a few people. The scenery was beautiful. Some parts of the trail were a little muddy but we didn't mind, it was all part of the adventure. We were hot, tired and our boots were muddy but we loved every minute of it. We made a great memory.

We also visited the Cincinnati Zoo for the first time. We enjoyed that day too.

Unfortunately all vacations must come to an end. We're happy to be sleeping in our own beds again.

Thank you for your advice. My dd and I really enjoyed our hike.

We started at the visitors center. We hiked the Upper Falls trail, then the Gorge Overlook to Cedar Falls and back to Old Mans Cave. One of the highlights of the day was seeing a deer on the Gorge Overloook. Of course we saw and heard a lot of birds and a few people. The scenery was beautiful. Some parts of the trail were a little muddy but we didn't mind, it was all part of the adventure. We were hot, tired and our boots were muddy but we loved every minute of it. We made a great memory.

We also visited the Cincinnati Zoo for the first time. We enjoyed that day too.

Unfortunately all vacations must come to an end. We're happy to be sleeping in our own beds again.

Glad you had a great time! Thanks for the update! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter