Highway in the Sky Dine Around with Wishes viewing area

We weren't offered any wine at the stops before dinner except champagne at GF Café. You could however get nonalcoholic drinks but I don't know what they were.

I too was surprised at the single glass of wine with dinner.
Thank you! I am unsure about what to do. I think not being able to get a second glass of wine with dinner will make me cranky :)

It surprises me too. I’ll be making a decision about canceling. I’ll post on the October cancellation boards if I decide.

It's supposed to be a taste of drinks as you go around, that is why there are no refills or second glasses. It is just a taste to enjoy.
It is supposed to be a taste in the sense that the alcohol is paired with each specific course. But when we went, we were served a generous glass of each drink - a martini, a mai tai, champagne and wine (choice of red or white). There was also some sort of liquor served at dessert, but I don't remember what it was. Even though the event was not rushed, I doubt there would have been time to have a second drink at any of the stops, and I don't think anyone felt there wasn't enough to drink. We all really enjoyed the event.

It is supposed to be a taste in the sense that the alcohol is paired with each specific course. But when we went, we were served a generous glass of each drink - a martini, a mai tai, champagne and wine (choice of red or white). There was also some sort of liquor served at dessert, but I don't remember what it was. Even though the event was not rushed, I doubt there would have been time to have a second drink at any of the stops, and I don't think anyone felt there wasn't enough to drink. We all really enjoyed the event.

It was Bailey's for in September, but that was the point I was trying make that it was a taste of liquor at each place, not that it was a sample size just that there was enough to drink at each location.

It was Bailey's for in September, but that was the point I was trying make that it was a taste of liquor at each place, not that it was a sample size just that there was enough to drink at each location.
Thank you! At least now my expectations are appropriately set. I wish they kept the wine flowing at dinner.

I am on the fence. I really enjoy my wine while I have dinner. And we are big users of uber

While I agree it would be nice to be able to have more than one glass of wine with dinner I believe Disney is being responsible about the amount of alcohol served in a short period of time. If you have your first drink about 6pm and then have 3 more drinks before 8pm you are considered legally intoxicated by most measurements. Add the unlimited cordials during the last 30 minutes and most people will be leaving with a pretty good buzz. They have to plan for an "average" person.

Also if you are not big on certain drinks that are offered, you can ask for alternatives at check-in! It's not a huge list, usually a simple drink or wine and of course they do have non-alcoholic versions of everything.

Could anyone tell me what time this ends? We were wondering if we'd be able to make part of the EMH at Epcot afterwards.

While I agree it would be nice to be able to have more than one glass of wine with dinner I believe Disney is being responsible about the amount of alcohol served in a short period of time. If you have your first drink about 6pm and then have 3 more drinks before 8pm you are considered legally intoxicated by most measurements. Add the unlimited cordials during the last 30 minutes and most people will be leaving with a pretty good buzz. They have to plan for an "average" person.
Our cordials in August were not unlimited.

Could anyone tell me what time this ends? We were wondering if we'd be able to make part of the EMH at Epcot afterwards.
We are going Nov 8 so I’m not certain how the timing goes but I’m assuming it ends right after the fireworks ends. It will depend what time the fireworks are, they are later on party nights I believe.

We are going Nov 8 so I’m not certain how the timing goes but I’m assuming it ends right after the fireworks ends. It will depend what time the fireworks are, they are later on party nights I believe.

Right. Ours was a Halloween party night, so the fireworks were at 10:15. The whole HiTS experience also started later because of that (7:00 vs 5:45). It would definitely depend on the fireworks timing that particular night.

I did end up canceling my reservation for this. While doing our own "crawl" prior to the happily ever after desert party, I realized how much we enjoy lingering and relaxing. We chatted along the way and learned that drinks during the dine around are indeed limited but the reason is so that the event remains on schedule. Probably why the cordials are (or should be) unlimited.

I'm sure it is a lovely event. Just not our style. I do not like tight schedules on vacation. And I like my wine with dinner :)

I did end up canceling my reservation for this. While doing our own "crawl" prior to the happily ever after desert party, I realized how much we enjoy lingering and relaxing. We chatted along the way and learned that drinks during the dine around are indeed limited but the reason is so that the event remains on schedule. Probably why the cordials are (or should be) unlimited.

I'm sure it is a lovely event. Just not our style. I do not like tight schedules on vacation. And I like my wine with dinner :)

The cordials are at the last stop so there is no rush to move on. I had coffee with Baileys and Kahlua first, then skipped the coffee and just had Bailey's and Kahlua over ice. We never felt rushed at any location, there was plenty of time to consume our drinks and appetizers. The first drink seemed pretty strong, and while it would have been nice to have more wine with dinner, we didn't really miss it after the champagne. But you are correct in that it is not right for everyone. Only reason we wouldn't go again is the price!

New dates are available for 2018 through February! Oddly, nothing more was added in December. I was able to book January 8th but had to reload and search several times to get a reservation for 2.

The cordials are at the last stop so there is no rush to move on. I had coffee with Baileys and Kahlua first, then skipped the coffee and just had Bailey's and Kahlua over ice. We never felt rushed at any location, there was plenty of time to consume our drinks and appetizers. The first drink seemed pretty strong, and while it would have been nice to have more wine with dinner, we didn't really miss it after the champagne. But you are correct in that it is not right for everyone. Only reason we wouldn't go again is the price!
It sounds like we just had a bad server. I started out with a coffee drink and didn't like it so asked for some Bailey's on the rocks and the CM staffing the bar actually told me that I was only allowed one but she'd make an exception for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter