Highway in the Sky Dine Around with Wishes viewing area

Not sure who I met from the dis on Friday the 1st. Everyone was nice! We were the only party of two guys, so that makes it easy on our part anyways!

I think we had a few change in venues but it was a nice event and it was great meeting so many nice people who obviously love Disney too. We didn't have to do the security screenings after a certain point which seems like a deviation from the norm.

Refills for mai tais at the poly were a nice surprise!

We ate in the Chef's table room in Citricos which was a very nice surprise. It seems like everyone had their cheese course in the restaurant which isn't the normal spot. We did get some rain, but honestly the atmosphere was fun and we weren't getting wet on the 4th floor. They had a nice amount of cordials at the end, 2-3 bottles (each) of baileys, Kailua, and frangelica. That seems like way more than Josh at easywdw and other similar have reported. Therefore, the 40 minute wait for Hallowishes to start was no problem! Multiple refills! I think the 7pm start time is better than the normal 5:45 but we're late eaters anyways.

If anyone has questions, feel free to ask!

Last edited:
Not sure who I met from the dis on Friday the 1st. Everyone was nice! We were the only party of two guys, so that makes it easy on our part anyways!

I think we had a few change in venues but it was a nice event and it was great meeting so many nice people who obviously love Disney too. We didn't have to do the security screenings after a certain point which seems like a deviation from the norm.

We ate in the Chef's table room in Citricos which was a very nice surprise. It seems like everyone had their cheese course in the restaurant which isn't the normal spot. We did get some rain, but honestly the atmosphere was fun and we weren't getting wet on the 4th floor. They had a nice amount of cordials at the end, 2-3 bottles (each) of baileys, Kailua, and frangelica. That seems like way more than Josh at easywdw and other similar have reported. Therefore, the 40 minute wait for Hallowishes to start was no problem! Multiple refills! I think the 7pm start time is better than the normal 5:45 but we're late eaters anyways.

We are going on the 15th, I'm so excited!!! Can you give a brief description of the other courses?

I have been checking daily for October dates to no avail. Today the website won't show the calendar or any date except today and won't search for times on all restaurants. Has anyone else had this issue?

I have been checking daily for October dates to no avail. Today the website won't show the calendar or any date except today and won't search for times on all restaurants. Has anyone else had this issue?

When I checked earlier on mobile, it would show me the calendar but all dates were greyed out, including today and all of September. I'm assuming it's a bug, since a couple of people have reported this happening before.

I am having the same problem at 3:30 central time for the September dates. I am seriously hoping they don't get rid of this, it's always FULL and sold out! We are hoping for December dates and are doing a split stay in between cruises at the Contemporary Atrium Level &Yacht Club Club Level and we call them weekly in hopes they have heard something and it's always the same, try checking in another day. The only CLOSE thing we got to an answer was when they said once September comes, they will be releasing more dates....but alas nothing!

Lukcy! We didn't get any refills at all! In fact, the CM at dessert was VERY firm that it was one per customer.

We are going on the 15th, I'm so excited!!! Can you give a brief description of the other courses?

Sure! It was a roasted tomato bisque with a goat cheese 'grilled cheese' bite to dip in at the Contemporary. We were in a side room next to a random piano and a ballroom; Mike, the bartender at Top of The World Lounge, said it's sometimes there in that space but it's normally in the Wave's lounge.

Polynesian had the three app bites: The pork belly was the best. They had some leftover Mai Tais and people could get a half refill.

We had the cheese course and sparking wine in Cirtricos. Luckily, we were in the chef/tasting room. Some others weren't as lucky. Normally it's downstairs I believe. Dinner was the halibut/haricot vert and shortribs/mashed potatoes. They were a little stingy with refills, i.e. they didn't offer any to us. Some offered to pay for more wine with dinner and they were ignored, which I thought was strange. I saw some reviews mention a little refill here or there for the sparkling, but it didn't happen for our group since the paid offer fell on deaf ears.

Dessert was the same 2 choices reported by others, except they were quite liberal with the drinks for us. EasyWDW had a great review that mostly still stands today (except maybe a room substitution or two). The desserts and drinks were indoors due to the rain.

Lukcy! We didn't get any refills at all! In fact, the CM at dessert was VERY firm that it was one per customer.
Maybe because it was raining and we had to wait so long? No idea, but it does not seem to be the norm. The 3 guides with us kept offering it, as well as the Cast Member from the Contemporary who was serving it. A few around 1030 went to get some red wine for the fireworks since they were delayed, but they were still offering the baileys/frangelica/Kahlua to us all too, with coffee or on the rocks.

I'm really unsure why there were so many room substitutions. Maybe because on party days it starts later? But, in the end it worked out into a nice evening anyways. You'd only know about the different rooms because of other posters.

I was there on Tues. Since the previous poster had shared the food I won't give a summary on that as it was the same.

Location changes I had:
Poly - standing tables next to the Moana Mercantile; did not see any notice of refills. Food by Kona Chef
Cheese/Champagne course - tea parlor, had prior to dinner
Cirtricos - same but was also part of a lucky group to be at the chef's table

Forget if the truffles had been removed in the past, thought I had remembered it as mentioned, and if that was the case they are back.

Overall really enjoyed the event. Strong drinks so one drink at each was enough for me.

Since I had mentioned my honeymoon next month one of the hosts asked if I was going to bring him back to do it again. I had mentioned that I didn't think I could with the rumored Sundays and she had mentioned they will be opening up very soon with expanding the days. So keep looking as she was hinting more like days and not weeks for it to open. I'm sure they're busy with the hurricane prep so keep checking after I'm sure.

We were there also but I don't think we ran into you. The only change in venue I am aware of is at the Grand Floridian - they said due to construction in the tea room we would be served our first course in Citricos but we were not seated at the chef's table... I'm sure that was awesome! I had my doubts about seeing fireworks since they were delayed trying to fit it in between rain clouds but thankfully it did work out! By that point a lot of people had left but I am glad we stuck it out.

Apparently, October date not released yet. But will be, according to the post directly above yours.
Thank you!! I was reading through this thread and thought I saw that it was only being offered on Sundays I Oct and that some folks booked.

Hurricane prep does make sense in the delays. Right now the dates in the app have been glitching for days now and I keep hoping it's due to updates being loaded.

They've released dates through early December but none of them have availability, even for one person. I'm hoping it's a glitch? I can't imagine all of the dates would have sold out in less than 24 hours?

They've released dates through early December but none of them have availability, even for one person. I'm hoping it's a glitch? I can't imagine all of the dates would have sold out in less than 24 hours?
I'm guessing the calendar is loaded but dates haven't actually been released yet. Should be soon!!

Has anyone tried calling? I've been getting so excited when I see a new post on this thread! We tried to go last year, but couldn't get in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter