Highway in the Sky Dine Around with Wishes viewing area

October dates for Highway in the Sky are up! I just made a reservation for October 22! HITS is only being offered on Sundays in October: 1, 8, 15, 22, 29

Did you call? Because it's not showing anything bookable in October on the website for me.

Hi crazy4WDW, I believe you booked the Celebration at the Top: savor, sip and sparkle event not the Highway in the Sky Dine Around dinner event. The Savor event is only on Sundays in October-December. I booked December. The Highway in the Sky isn't open yet for October and beyond.
Mike

Hi crazy4WDW, I believe you booked the Celebration at the Top: savor, sip and sparkle event not the Highway in the Sky Dine Around dinner event. The Savor event is only on Sundays in October-December. I booked December. The Highway in the Sky isn't open yet for October and beyond.
Mike
Something screwy is going on the the WDW website. I just went under "Highway in the Sky" and tried to book each available night in October for 2 people and it would allow me to book each reservation. I exited out of the website and went back to the HITS booking page and then there are no dates available on the October calendar. :badpc:

Is it showing in your MDE as a reservation? I didn't have the calendar dates "blue" past September 29th when i checked for the Highway event.

I'm waiting on a Saturday in December (2nd) so I hope they are ironing things out. We also booked the Sip event on a Sunday, December 3rd. If it works out we will be spending a lot of time at the Contemporary that trip!

Mike

Is it showing in your MDE as a reservation? I didn't have the calendar dates "blue" past September 29th when i checked for the Highway event.

I'm waiting on a Saturday in December (2nd) so I hope they are ironing things out. We also booked the Sip event on a Sunday, December 3rd. If it works out we will be spending a lot of time at the Contemporary that trip!

Mike

Yeah, they aren't sold out...they just aren't blue yet. Weird.

Mike
Speaking of, is there a master list somewhere of these dining experiences? I can't seem to find one, I can only find them by digging around on MDE.

Mike

No, its not showing up in MDE and I never received an e-mail confirmation so I'm not sure what happened. Anyway, sorry for the false alarm. :eek:

Speaking of, is there a master list somewhere of these dining experiences? I can't seem to find one, I can only find them by digging around on MDE.

I've never seen a master list and use the DIS Boards, DIS Blog, Touring plans Blog, easyWDW and the Disney Parks Blog to keep me informed. Due tot he number of different sites I sometimes miss the release of the dates and get shut out...:(
Mike

I hope that everyone can book soon! We did it on our anniversary last week and it was worth every penny. I surprised my husband with dinner ... he thought we were doing the Wave AP 30% off 'early bird' special :rotfl: .

I am usually a pretty frugal person when it comes to WDW. Everyday food is so darn expensive there that we usually don't drop $330 on one dinner when that would cover 2-3 whole days for our family of 3. I'm so glad I bit the bullet and paid for this! The quality of food and attentiveness of all the cast members (except at dessert, she was a little grumpy) was exceptional. The chefs and restaurant managers met us at each stop. There was someone with an allergy and they were taken care of as were people with food preferences. One person at our appetizer table didn't eat pork and the server noticed it and brought him more fish. His wife didn't eat raw fish so they brought her a veggie roll. All without them asking or making a fuss.

I admit I was tipsily amused by the looks we got when they loaded us on the resort monorail at the GF after dinner. It was like herding cats at that point and I'm sure they held the monorail for us since there were folks were gaping at us. Good advertising, lol.

For those of you who are looking at doing this during a sold out night: take heart. One couple booked that same day so there are cancellations if you can be flexible.

I hope that everyone can book soon! We did it on our anniversary last week and it was worth every penny. I surprised my husband with dinner ... he thought we were doing the Wave AP 30% off 'early bird' special :rotfl: .

I am usually a pretty frugal person when it comes to WDW. Everyday food is so darn expensive there that we usually don't drop $330 on one dinner when that would cover 2-3 whole days for our family of 3. I'm so glad I bit the bullet and paid for this! The quality of food and attentiveness of all the cast members (except at dessert, she was a little grumpy) was exceptional. The chefs and restaurant managers met us at each stop. There was someone with an allergy and they were taken care of as were people with food preferences. One person at our appetizer table didn't eat pork and the server noticed it and brought him more fish. His wife didn't eat raw fish so they brought her a veggie roll. All without them asking or making a fuss.

I admit I was tipsily amused by the looks we got when they loaded us on the resort monorail at the GF after dinner. It was like herding cats at that point and I'm sure they held the monorail for us since there were folks were gaping at us. Good advertising, lol.

For those of you who are looking at doing this during a sold out night: take heart. One couple booked that same day so there are cancellations if you can be flexible.

Haha! This is almost exactly me. "Where are we eating on Friday night?" "Ummm... Citricos. Maybe we can have a drink at The Wave first before heading over there." :rolleyes1 I mean, it's the truth! And we're staying at Bay Lake Tower so it's not even that strange of a "plan"...

Glad you had such a good time -- do you know if the non-raw fish eater told them of her preference beforehand (I heard there is a phone call)? That's me, but I hadn't heard of any substitutions so I was planning to just suck it up. The situation, not the raw fish. :fish:

Haha! This is almost exactly me. "Where are we eating on Friday night?" "Ummm... Citricos. Maybe we can have a drink at The Wave first before heading over there." :rolleyes1 I mean, it's the truth! And we're staying at Bay Lake Tower so it's not even that strange of a "plan"...

Glad you had such a good time -- do you know if the non-raw fish eater told them of her preference beforehand (I heard there is a phone call)? That's me, but I hadn't heard of any substitutions so I was planning to just suck it up. The situation, not the raw fish. :fish:
she did not. They had some veggie roll pieces on hand but I would call anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!