Highway in the Sky Dine Around with Wishes viewing area

I may just be reading the direct definition into the word patio, but patio typically refers to a ground level area. The accompanying photo from Disney certainly appears to be a deck somewhere off the ground, but the word patio conflicts with the photo.

One little piece has us scrambling :magnify: Could be just a nice stock photo from Contemporary.....

Patio -
a paved outdoor area adjoining a house.
synonyms: terrace, veranda, sundeck, deck; courtyard
"we had cocktails on the patio"

Based on this definition, could still be any of the observation decks. 3 days, we have to wait 3 LONG days to find out.

Last edited:
When I first read it I assumed the final meeting area and Wishes viewing location would be on the other deck at the Cali Grill

Untitled.jpg

Yes, that is the private deck I was talking about used for private events. Those windows in the middle are one of the private party rooms. Last month when I went that deck was for a bridal party.

One little piece has us scrambling :magnify: Could be just a nice stock photo from Contemporary.....
That was my first thought! Stock photo of Wishes view without checking Fairytale Weddings. Of course, you are faster at googling than me and found the deck used for wedding receptions. :)

Yes, that is the private deck I was talking about used for private events. Those windows in the middle are one of the private party rooms. Last month when I went that deck was for a bridal party.

It would make sense to me to hold the event there. During inclement weather the gathering could still take places and Wishes could still be viewed from inside. Now, from a revenue perspective I can't think they would make nearly as much as private events but it could be used to generate some revenue a couple nights a week.

Again to me, with ADRs being relatively easy to find at CG and no access issues to bars, lounges and other dining options at the other resorts, I'd have to see the menu and options before considering this. Everything this package offers can be done without the package or restrictions of the package (how much time to spend at each location, start time, etc.)

I just booked it! Lucked out it's when I'm going anyway. The price isn't ridiculous as most Disney things and it's sounds nice. Just wondering how many people they 'limit' it to? Anyone know?

Fingers crossed it is offered in the fall...would be great if it also happened on our anniversary, but I assume on special event dates (like Halloween) it would not be offered.

OMG I am so stoked for this one. My two favorite things - Monorail + food = extreme happiness!! We are going 12/13! Can't wait!! I am probably one of the few that hope you can see the monorail from where we are sitting for Wishes. I love getting the monorail in my pics! We actually watch Illuminations from a vantage point where we can get the monorail too. I am so stupid excited!

Just booked this for Feb 28th, and a late anniversary dinner for DH and I. We had already planned dinner at Cali Grill for Wishes, so this was really a no brainier. It sounds amazing, and like a really good value for the price.

Fingers crossed it is offered in the fall...would be great if it also happened on our anniversary, but I assume on special event dates (like Halloween) it would not be offered.

I wonder how they will handle that - some of those days (Tuesday, Friday) coincide with the Halloween party days. Our anniversary is on a Tuesday in Oct (not Halloween) and we would like to do this if it is offered then.

I wonder how they will handle that - some of those days (Tuesday, Friday) coincide with the Halloween party days. Our anniversary is on a Tuesday in Oct (not Halloween) and we would like to do this if it is offered then.
I don't see how party days will affect this event.

I'm trying to talk myself out of it :badpc:

Why, why do they keep taunting me?

I think you shouldn't talk yourself out of it! :)

We recently stayed at Contemporary and traveled to Citricos for dinner. 3 courses at Citricos + sides and no alcohol makes this "fireworks package" look amazing for the price!!

I agree, @HopperFan. I've never eaten at Citricos. I think it would be really fun with my sisters!

If I had the money I would do this, no hesitation

WELL ....................

I'll blame it on all the cold meds I'm taking, :sick:

still being in my pajamas :cloud9:

and all my christmas trees standing here naked of decor, staring at me ....... :santa:

I booked it for March. :shamrock:

Going down for weekend anyway to a private event at Universal. :earseek:

Of course, I'll probably have to cancel my cabana now ... :wave2:

But this one includes alcohol.:drinking1

Yeah .... could be that cough syrup getting to me. :scratchin

Now I have to figure out what I'm going to wear! !:wizard:

since it ends with a viewing of Wishes, I bet the event nights that have a different show might not be a night they offer this...I hope I am wrong

It does coincide with MVMCP .............. don't forget they are HolidayWishes and HalloWishes .... am sure it will tie more to time they go off than which one goes off.

It does coincide with MVMCP .............. don't forget they are HolidayWishes and HalloWishes .... am sure it will tie more to time they go off than which one goes off.

hope so...would be perfect as our 20th anniversary is on Halloween 2017...a Tuesday (so could be one night they offer it). this would be perfect, and while a little expensive, would still just tie the most expensive anniversary dinner we ever had.

WELL ....................

I'll blame it on all the cold meds I'm taking, :sick:

still being in my pajamas :cloud9:

and all my christmas trees standing here naked of decor, staring at me ....... :santa:

I booked it for March. :shamrock:

Going down for weekend anyway to a private event at Universal. :earseek:

Of course, I'll probably have to cancel my cabana now ... :wave2:

But this one includes alcohol.:drinking1

Yeah .... could be that cough syrup getting to me. :scratchin

Now I have to figure out what I'm going to wear! !:wizard:

Feel better and maybe we'll be dining together! :wave:

Booked for 1/10, pretty excited. Would like to know: max number of people per night, and will there be a choice of entrees or just one. Also would be more worried about weather cancelling Wishes than monorail breaking down.

Haha, we don't even know lots of details but we are booking it anyway! KOOL-AID!
Takes a lot to cancel Wishes but only a wisp of wind or squirrel on track to stop the monorail.
I try to avoid getting on it any more - so this is a leap of faith.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter