High seas on 4day vs. 7 day

OnTheRocks

DVC Member
Are the seas rougher on the 7 day cruises than on the 3 and 4 day cruises? What is everyones experience?

We have done the 3day twice and have had no problems. We are planning the 7-eastern next year and seem to see many posts about how rough the seas are on the 7 days.

Is this true or is it just time of year. Are the seas worse on the 7days because the destinations are further from the mainland? Are the 3/4 days calmer because of protection from the bahamian islands?

I would guess that winds play alot in the waves. Does anybody have any insight into this and when the winds / waves are the worst?

I would hate it if I was cruising in high seas for seven days then couldn't even get to CC because of the swells / wind or whatever.
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter