High light video of the parks/rides with a GoPro

Great video! As someone who doesn't do rollercoasters it was fun to see a sneak peek at some of them. Especially loved the view of wishes from the ride :)

Thanks, I like the roller coaster/test track views myself.

With all the stick talk on here and not that I need anyone's internet approval but I'd like to clarify that the shots from the rides were taken with the camera in my hand with a strap around my wrist...wasn't interesting in having my $400 camera slapped off by holding it out on a stick on Big Thunder. :)

Last edited:
Yeah, GoPros are fine as long as they're kept within ones personal range. On your head, chest, or in your hand is all fine. Selfie sticks go too far. I borrowed my parent's GoPro to go to the parks once and I left it in the room the whole time. I'm a terrible photographer anyway.

Cool video. I'm assuming if selfie sticks are gone, so are go pro sticks. I don't see an issue with either, but it seems folks are really against them. I think you can get some really neat shots with them though. Very cool.

Also, HAILSTATE! :)

Great job! I always take so many pictures, but our last trip I got lots of video. It's so much fun watching and Re-living the magic at home with the family. Nice work!

Thanks for sharing. We just got our Go Pro and plan on making a vid for our trip as well. We have the chest strap and head strap but I think we will just use the chest one. Great Job, looks like you had a wonderful time.

Cool video. I'm assuming if selfie sticks are gone, so are go pro sticks. I don't see an issue with either, but it seems folks are really against them. I think you can get some really neat shots with them though. Very cool.

Also, HAILSTATE! :)

Hail State indeed! We were in Miami for the Orange Bowl during New Years and back in March for this trip.

Yeah, unfortunately you are right about Go Pro sticks…they’ll be banned as well. I actually showed my kids how to use it as a “selfie” stick so I could get some footage that I knew would soon be banned. :drinking: They’ll have some “old school” footage similar to old pictures of people swimming in Seven Seas Lagoon. The few shots I took with the stick I also did because I knew a ban was coming. The best footage with a Go Pro are the “first person” views since that’s what they are designed for with the super wide angle lenses…you can easily do “selfies” at arm’s length with a Go Pro, no stick necessary like with a smart phone.

That being said, I’ve had a Go Pro for 5 years (since way before they went main stream) and unfortunately the “main stream” stole the camera on a stick idea from early Go Pro users putting their cameras on 12+ foot telescoping poles customized from golf ball and fishing lure retrievers. I have one I custom made that is 3.5’ and extends to 12’. You can get some wild footage with it...from overhead the footage looks like it was taken from a helicopter when you combine the length and the wide angle lens.

Thanks for sharing. We just got our Go Pro and plan on making a vid for our trip as well. We have the chest strap and head strap but I think we will just use the chest one. Great Job, looks like you had a wonderful time.

I think you’ll find holding it in your hand is best for around the parks…I have a head and chest mount and they are best suited for action shots when you need both hands free like driving an ATV.

This one from the Disney cruise is 90% head strap, 10% hand held, and 0% stick.

What settings did you have it on?
We will be there for 8 days with the first day not being at a park, I think we'll have to figure out the best set up (experiment a little) for us.

What settings did you have it on?
We will be there for 8 days with the first day not being at a park, I think we'll have to figure out the best set up (experiment a little) for us.

Everyone has their own opinion, but I use 720p 30fps and wide view…best fit for computers, youtube, and HD TV’s without wasting memory or losing quality.
720p is high definition…equivalent to HD on satellite or cable and very clear on large 60”+ HD TV’s and is also the highest resolution supported on youtube.

If you want to do slow motion, go with 60fps or more.
1080p is another option. Equivalent to Blu Ray but overkill IMO and takes up more memory.
2.7K and 4K resolution are major overkill and will eat memory very quick.

At 720p 30fps, you can record ~2.75 hours of video on a 32mb card.

OMG, I absolutely loved your video. If that doesn't make someone excited to visit WDW, nothing will. I think I might have to go out and get a Go Pro, you got great shots. Love the music to the video as well.

Very nice video! GoPros are a really useful tool for POV video recording thanks to their versatility. You may have just convinced me to buy one. :)

OMG, I absolutely loved your video. If that doesn't make someone excited to visit WDW, nothing will. I think I might have to go out and get a Go Pro, you got great shots. Love the music to the video as well.

Thanks for the compliment.

Very nice video! GoPros are a really useful tool for POV video recording thanks to their versatility. You may have just convinced me to buy one. :)

The key is taking lots of video clips and then spending the time to dump and crop the stuff that isn't as good for a high light. I came home with almost 3 hours of footage and cut it down to 45 minutes to save as our family video and then kept chopping until I got one suitable for youtube.

Great videos! My son has a Go Pro & he uses it mostly to record skate boarding tricks. He has the 3-way mount and the head strap. Didn't plan on using it as a selfie stick at all now I'm wondering if they won't let us bring that mount in at all.

Did you buy the wrist strap from Go Pro or did you use another brand?

Personally I think the best way to take First person video is using PivotHead sunglasses that have the 1080 HD camera so you can record without having to worry about a bulky gopro camera on a strap. Plus it keeps your eyes shaded from the Florida sun.

If you don't want to wear sunglasses another great option is the 1080 camera pen, clip it onto your top. The quality is excellent too. Check out the videos of both on YouTube.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter