HIFS - Swim Diapers?

preb

DIS Veteran
I remember reading awhile back that the hotel required children to wear swim diapers. Are they talking about "Swimmies" or the plastic pants that go over the diapers? I also remember hearing that they were quite strict about it. Has anyone been recently who can comment?

I have not been recently but have researched this a lot since we are going in four weeks and I have a daughter 4 who is definitely potty trained and a 1 year old. These are not what you buy at the grocery store or Walmart. I found several brands on the internet that HIFS told me over the phone would be okay. They are lycra or other similar material and are form fitting. I plan on getting one to go under my daughter's bikini and she is okay with this since I told her this was the rule of the hotel. They also sell them at HIFS but a much better selection on the internet. Hope this helps.

Do a search on this board for "swim diaper" and you'll find alot of threads regarding this topic.

Just back on Tues. My 4yr didn't wear them although we were ready to purchase them if asked. I don't know but the staff never asked us&we spent tons of time at the pool. I had read there very stict but had no problems. My ds will be 5 in 3 months so we were glad because he sure wasn't happy that he may have to wear them.

Could you please share some of those sites that you found the swim diaper on? We are going with a 2 year old in May and we'll need them. I like knowing that I have them and could cross another thing off my list!!

Thanks
Lady

I know of two sites that sell the diapers that I believe you need for HIFS. I myself have purchased from the Right Start (Rightstart.com) for my 20 month old. I know Biobottoms (Biobottoms.com) also has them listed and the prices are pretty comparable to Right Start. One of the nice things is that they come in different colors so for anyone who has a little girl you might be able to pass them off as bikini bottoms if they are unhappy about wearing them. My son will just have to wear them under his swim trunks.

I hope this helps!

I have found the best selection at mypoolpal.com. They have a big selection of styles and also a clearance center. They have solid and print designs. It also states these have been featured in Parents Magazine, Oprah and several other news media shows. Also, they will tell you over the phone if there is a store that carries them in your home town. Hope this helps.

To BeauBeau

I also bought some from The Right Start for my 3 year old ds but they are the ones that look like shorts. Are they acceptable?

As long as they are not the disposable ones, they are the correct ones. They want the rubber-lined suits with the elastic around the legs to be worn. Some have a suit over them (like a regular bathing suit) and some are the 'speedo' look.

I got the "speedo" type because I had purchased regular trunks for my son prior to my knowing that I couldn't use the disposal swim diapers. I am sure the kind that you purchased is perfect, if I believe what I am thinking is correct, your suit has the "speedo" built in underneath the trunks.

I hope this helps. :)

One Step Ahead
this site has some of last years styles of swim diapers available for as low as $2.95! for that price i was able to order a few so that there would be a clean one while i washed the soiled one! their just as cute as this years, and for that price, it was a steal!
Sherrie

I recommend ordering a size larger than you think you'll need. My very average sized kids wore the ones that were recommended for their weight and the legs were WAY too tight...I just had the younger one wear the older one's suit, and it worked out ok. My kids by no means have chubby legs and the elastic was VERY tight on them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter