Hi there! Newbie from Western NY

PhotoJen

Earning My Ears
HI everyone!

Just wanted to introduce myself to you and thank you for letting me join your board. I'm currently planning a GRAND GATHERING for my immediate family of 24 people (told ya it was grand!) This is me, my husband, my 2 daughters, my parents, 4 sisters, 1 brother, 6 nieces, 4 nephews, 1 brother in-law, and 3 boyfriend/fiances. Hopefully thats all of em cuz if it isn't they don't have a ticket!

We're going to Disney from December 4-9 and staying at Carribean Beach Resort. I just finished doing all the airfare last week and my biggest task now is DINING! I've been going through your boards tonight and finding TONS of useful info.

Hope to "meet" all of you soon and if anyone else has done a large group, PLEASE speak up and give me some tips, cuz I don't know if i'll survive til December, one sister is already driving me nuts! :rotfl:

Hugs
Jen G

Welcome to the DIS! :flower: Wow, 24 people!! You are braver than I! lol

Myst

Welcome to the DIS! Hope you have a great trip when y'all go. Sounds like it's gonna be a lot of fun :goodvibes

I am from the "West" too! :banana: Welcome! :goodvibes

Did a trip for 10 and THAT was a chore!! Good Luck!! You are going at a GREAT time!! BTW, Ask Sis if she would like to take it over!! Bet she backs off real quick when she finds out what is involved!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Welcome and Good Luck. You'll find a lot of friendly and great advice on the boards.

My advice, having survived/enjoyed a grand gathering with family, and another one with friends is to schedule some things together, but also allow for individual down time.

Sometimes, we would start our day at different places and then meet up for dinner or the other way around. Be flexible but most of all - have fun! :earsgirl:

I'm pretty new also! We are from Rochester are we are planning our 3 and 4th visit to WDW. I just love these boards! Welcome! Angel

PhotoJen- I am a western new yorker, from buffalo- GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a great time at Disney. 13 days and down to hours before my first Disney trip. Jamestown- my old hangout town back in the day.

Lisa

Welcome and Hi!!

I want to give you a big :cheer2: for what you are doing. I have enough trouble planning for my own family, let alone a Grand Gatherings. I will be interested to see how it turns out.

The only advice I can give is just remember that you can't make everyone happy all the time.

Good Luck!!

Welcome Jen..another NY'er here. Only thing I can think of is the DDE. But you would have to get an AP to qualify for it. It is 20% off at most sit down restaurants (up to 10), and you can get a 2nd card and your DH can eat with another 10....But honestly I can not see you all getting many ADR's? Are you planning to eat in your room? Just from personal experience I had to wait 1 hour at Chef Mickey for a table for 12...and yes I had an ADR...but table coordination took a long time to open up. Are you staying at a DVC property? you might want to consider having a barbaque....

Hiya! Former WNYer! Someone already gave you my best advice but it bears repeating. Don't try to herd all of those people from one attraction to the next. Plan one meal or group event (big group photo on Tower of Terror would be awesome!) and let everyone do Disney in smaller groups. Even negotiating with my family of 4 plus my parents was tough.

MsLeFever said:
Hiya! Former WNYer! Someone already gave you my best advice but it bears repeating. Don't try to herd all of those people from one attraction to the next. Plan one meal or group event (big group photo on Tower of Terror would be awesome!) and let everyone do Disney in smaller groups. Even negotiating with my family of 4 plus my parents was tough.

Oh good LORD no. I couldn't handle all of my sisters for that long :rotfl2: I might bum around with the one sister and her boys which are closer in age to my girls. Right now we're planning on dinner together the first night we are there and the last night. I'm booking those right now as a matter o fact!

On both of our grand gatherings, we ate at Ohana. We went with the first seating so that the waiting time would be minimized. Everyone loved the food and we were able to use the DDE card - even with our large group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter