Hi, I have a problem hoarding FoP FP+

barbliny

DIS Veteran
So, any of you going to WDW in September or October - never give up trying to find a last minute fp+ for FoP because I will probably be dropping some of these.

I can't be the only one, can I??

I have short trips in September, October and December - FP+ for the first 2 trips are booked. We went in June and loved FoP - rode it twice, once with a FP+ and once standby at ropedrop (that was added because we loved FoP and needed to ride it again).

Because our trips are so short, I cannot get the fastpasses for FoP at the timeslots I really want them. So, in most cases I am settling for what I can get!!

For instance - in September on AK EMH am day I wanted a faspass mid-morning and I could only get 6:30 onward, so I took one. My plan had been to be in Epcot that evening. I took the fastpass. Why, you ask? Because my plan of ropedropping FoP and riding it standby first thing might not work out - so, I will have the FP to fall back on. If standby in the morning works out - I'll drop the fp+ and go to Epcot in the evening. I then have a FP+ booked for it on our departure day for a time that fits into a plan of 'drive to AK and do FoP and grab a counter-service meal or apps in Nomad, and then drive to the airport'. I did this because we just may want to have 'one more' ride locked in before we go back to NY. But, maybe I'll just want to hang around Epcot and will cancel the fastpass in the morning after "I see how we feel".

Then, in October - I was able to book FoP, again not exactly what I wanted. So, I booked a few options .... I figure after our trip in September, we'll have a better handle on how we'll want to plan the days. So, we'll probably move things around.

But, we liked FoP so much and AK has become a favorite park over the years - so, it's also not unlikely that we may use every FoP fp+ I booked. We'll be taking a break from WDW for at least a year after this 'Year of the Empty-Nest First AP'.

In general we're pretty flexible with what we want to do and these trips are somewhat 'play it by ear' since we have the luxury of going so many times this year. The September and October trips are primarily for F&W, December because of the holiday atmosphere.

FEA and Soarin' will be ropedrop since we're staying in YC, and BWI. Test Track is booked. SDMT is booked. Our plans include ropedrop to maximize short standby waits (TSMM, TT, ToT, SM, BTMRR, Safari, EE, Dino etc.) Other than that - I'm counting on not finalizing things until we get closer to the trips.

Maybe my plans of dropping in on F&W 'at will' may fizzle once I experience the crowds and I just can't deal with the crush of people. :confused3 Maybe, I'll want to go to the other parks more than I thought? :confused:

I feel like if I see a FoP fp and it somewhat fits in my plan that I must grab it, because it won't be there tomorrow!!

I'm Barbara, and I'm a Flights of Passage fastpass hoarder.

Stick around if you're going in September and October - and watch your MDE for when I clean out my MDE.

And I think I'm not alone. :duck:

I'm sure you mean well sharing this here... like, maybe, "hey -- you never know when a FP for FoP might just become available!", but history on DIS suggests to me that this thread might not go well...
I was thinking this too. I'm not mad at you, OP - I get it. But others may get, uh, passionate about this topic.

Agreed! Why boast when so many struggle and are disappointed- not me personally - I didn't try for it because it won't suit my grandchildren this trip.

Agreed! :oops:

It didn't occur to me that I was sounding boastful. That is a very good word, and one that is not used very often anymore. But, in hindsight, I guess it can sound that way. :thanks: for the perspective.

I'm sure you mean well sharing this here... like, maybe, "hey -- you never know when a FP for FoP might just become available!"

My intention was more tongue-in-cheek along what @MickeyMinnieMom said. I was kind of pointing out that fastpasses for FoP may likely become available as trips gets closer. But, as has been said by many a person - myself included - sometimes sarcasm and intention doesn't translate well on devices :badpc:

I also probably picked a word that put myself in a sticky situation - 'hoard' was probably too strong a word for 2 fp+ each over the trips. If the old fastpass system still existed I would be more than happy to keep crisscrossing the park to get another fp. I would rather not try to anticipate and plan for a 2nd ride 60 days in advance. I also do not let hard-to-get fp ever go unused, I release them so that someone else can grap them.

I would be more than happy to participate in a thread to let posters know when FoP fp are being dropped - similar to the restaurants board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!