Hi everyone!

WildReekies

Mouseketeer
We are a family 7 and can really only afford renting a trailer and camping at the fort. We are actually pretty excited to make it an extended trip and enjoy the fort for a solid 8 days. I am currently in nursing school and will be graduation september 2021 so I want to plan a trip for October 2021. My first question is how far in advance can I book my trip?? online it only lets me look to december this year?! Second question: My kids love to swim so which loops are closest to the pool with the water slide? Also, how hot is it in these trailers? I know they have AC but do they really cool it down or are you all pretty hot?

Thanks guys!

Hi there. You are able to make a reservation 499 days in advance. You have to call in for the reservations past the end of the year.

Camper AC’s vary but generally they will keep you plenty comfortable.

There are 2 pools. The larger on is located in the center of the Fort near the Meadows depot. The other is close to the cabins and is the “quiet” pool. Here’s a link to the map that shows you the surrounding areas. https://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/fortwilderness.htm. Keep in mind some of the closer loops are premium.

Hi there. You are able to make a reservation 499 days in advance. You have to call in for the reservations past the end of the year.

Camper AC’s vary but generally they will keep you plenty comfortable.

There are 2 pools. The larger on is located in the center of the Fort near the Meadows depot. The other is close to the cabins and is the “quiet” pool. Here’s a link to the map that shows you the surrounding areas. https://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/fortwilderness.htm. Keep in mind some of the closer loops are premium.
thanks! I hope i can get our dates in : )

First, Congrats on getting into nursing school. There are quite a few of us nurses on here. A trip to the Fort is a great graduation gift.

As a reference point, 499 days from October 2020 is right now (depending on your check out day), so put a reminder on your calendar for a year from now. It's something to look forward to and help get through some of the frustrating days on nursing school.

I wouldn't worry too much about the A/C. October at the Fort is much better than June/July/August. The rental companies understand the local weather and have trailers that can handle it. Most bigger campers have 2 (or sometimes 3) A/C units.

j

Congrats, October is an exciting time at FW and WDW, our best memories are when the kids were young and celebrating Halloween at WDW, weather is much better, you can see in my signature, more October than any other month.

Does this mean check-out day?
So if we were to go May 30-June 7 2021, we could reserve 499 days before June 7 2021?

It used to, I believe there was a change last year that allows you to book the whole vacation from the first day now.

Thanks Pa! I asked on another group and was told that it was Check in+14 days...which was confusing to me still haha.
BUT that means I get to make our ressie in 9 days!

Even if you can’t get close to the pool, you can hop on a bus and it will eventually get you there. If you are driving and have room, kids love to ride their bikes!!!! I know you said that you “can only afford” a camper rental but even though we “can afford” to stay at a value or moderate, we choose to stay at the fort because we love it!!! We have only camped once but have stayed in the cabins several times before. Now it’s just plain camping. Your family will love it!!! Also congratulations on nursing school, I have been a nurse for 28 years and our next trip in May is to celebrate DD graduating NP school so I agree it’s a perfect reason to celebrate

Thanks Pa! I asked on another group and was told that it was Check in+14 days...which was confusing to me still haha.
BUT that means I get to make our ressie in 9 days!

Beginning with 2020 reservations, you can make one as early as 500 days before arrival (which is 499 nights). Prior to 2020 it was the interval from your checkout day. Now Disney acts like most hotels and most notably, ReserveAmerica, which handles many state park campgrounds (on different interval but max window is still arrival day plus max stay). Max stay on a Disney reservation is 30 days.

So you can call and make a reservation in 2021 (because 500 days from now puts you in 2021 which can't be booked online yet). Thus as of today/tonight you can call and book arrivals out to May 22, 2021 for stays of up to 30 days.

Bama Ed

PS - I have a 2021 reservation already......

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter