HHN Newb

Maistre Gracey

DIS Veteran
Bought HHN for Oct 1st + Express.

Did I get ripped off buying Express pass?

What houses are the best in your opinion?
What order to do them with EP?

Thanks

Welcome. My daughter and I are going to HHN on Oct. 1st also and we also bought the Express Pass. I don't believe the EP's are a rip off. Better than waiting in an hour or more line.

Can't answer the rest of your questions since this will be my first HHN.

Bought HHN for Oct 1st + Express.

Did I get ripped off buying Express pass?

What houses are the best in your opinion?
What order to do them with EP?

Thanks
Express during HHN is not a rip off and frankly...it's the only way to go. I would recommend NOT using the EP if the line is under 30 minutes so you can come back and do the house again...if you like it. My favorites are Dead Waters and AHS. Having the EP makes your touring easy...go in whatever order you want. There are four houses in the soundstages (AHS, The Shining, The Fallen and Dead Waters) so you can do those and then move to the other side of the park. You'll find Blumhouse on one side of MIB and Hive and Scarecrow on the other. Ash vs. Evil Dead is behind the Woody Woodpecker kid's area. That queue is the longest I've ever seen with the entrance in the ET queue area. The Saw house is located in the Shrek building so I would do that one last. The Trick or Treat scarezone is the best by far...the others are average.

Even on a "slow night" (is that even a thing anymore?) the express pass is worth it. If you want to see all the houses, scare zones, and shows, then its going to be tough (if possible) without an express pass. I know there are some people that are able to do it, though. An additional benefit of the express pass is not only does it save time, but it also saves steps, since the express lines are physically shorter than the standby lines. If you've already been walking around the parks all day, then saving any steps at night is a blessing. The only way I would go to HHN without an express pass would be if I was going to use Stay and Scream and only planned to go through 3-4 houses.

EP is worth it!! Agree with the above posters, the EP is a must have.

We like to hit our favorite houses early to take advantage of the short wait times and then use the EP for all of the houses later in the night when the lines get longer. We got to go through some of our favorites several times this way.

My favorite houses were American Horror Story, Blum House, The scarecrow and The Fallen. I enjoyed the Hive, The Shining and Dead Waters. The only one I thought was just ok was Ash vs Evil Dead. I am not a fan of the show or movie. This seemed to be a popular house, as the lines were always pretty long.

My favorite houses were American Horror Story, Blum House, The scarecrow and The Fallen. I enjoyed the Hive, The Shining and Dead Waters. The only one I thought was just ok was Ash vs Evil Dead. I am not a fan of the show or movie. This seemed to be a popular house, as the lines were always pretty long.
My two favorites are AHS and Dead Waters. The others are just OK for me and I guess Saw and Ash vs. Evil Dead are at the bottom of the pile. Except for Trick 'r Treat the scarezones are a joke...IMHO. I remember when they used to be as detailed and exciting as the houses but times have changed.

One more question if I may....

My internet confirmation says to "print out this confirmation and bring it to any ticket window during normal park hours."

So, I assume I can't just bring my phone with the electronic confirmation?
Also, what exactly is "normal Park hours?" Does that not include the hours for entrance to HHN?? Only when the parks are open for non events????

Thanks

guest services outside the park opens 30 minutes before the park opens.
they might open early if the lines are long for them.

normal park hours are what is listed on the UO site
it will show on hhn nights that the studios closes at 5:00
but that would not affect you in getting your hhn and ep tickets.

but assuming you will be at the park not in the morning but during the later part of the day.

assuming you have a mobile confirmation number for your tickets.
would think that would be acceptable.....

go to pick up your tickets and show your
confirmation email

jik, print out the confirmation and be covered for getting your tickets picked up.

ep will be scanned when you enter the ep lines for the houses.
that pass only valid one time per house.

One more question if I may....

My internet confirmation says to "print out this confirmation and bring it to any ticket window during normal park hours."

So, I assume I can't just bring my phone with the electronic confirmation?
Also, what exactly is "normal Park hours?" Does that not include the hours for entrance to HHN?? Only when the parks are open for non events????

Thanks
It doesn't have the option for Will Call Kiosk? Make sure you bring the Credit Card with you that you bought them with just in case.
Also - if you are staying on property you can probably pick up the tickets at that guest service desk - I had the will call kiosk option and did that at the hotel.

Update:
Sitting with folks at a Disney bar STRONGLY suggested we do the RIP tour. So... we upgraded (cancelled and rebooked).
As I'm reading the fine print, it appears the admission to HHN is not included with the tour???? If that's the case, will I only be refunded the Express pass price on my original order and still charged the admission??

Thanks

We love the non-private RIP tour, for us it's worth it! You will get front of the line access to all the houses, access to private bars, two attractions and reserved seating for Bill and Teds.

Your ticket to HHN is still necessary. You will be refunded for the EP and pay for the RIP tour.

Since the public tours can be done in 3.5 hours, you can still do the 6 rides later that night

Your vip tour lanyard and credentials allows you express one time only after tour done

Okay... I wasn't going to update because I know from experience one gets major heat here for criticizing USO.
Anyway, we did the HHN RIP tour. It was almost $600 for two people.

The reception- Weak. Few food choices (and they weren't very good), cash bar, and a bland atmosphere. No spooky feeling about it.

Guide was great. Loved him. Great job in every respect.

Houses- Expected much, much more. A step above the local haunted house to be sure, but two steps above would be a stretch. After the second house they all ran together. The employees also rushed us through a bit fast. I understand you can't sit there and gawk, but this was ridiculous. Dissapointing.

Scare Zones- I guess we went through a few, and a couple people jumped in front of my wife, but truly they were more of a nuisance than they were scare.

Rides- Mummy was awesome, but very short.
Didn't do the simulator as that makes my wife sick.

Show- Warned it was political so we opted out.

Private bars/refreshments- Okay, but nothing great.

Overall I think my expectations were too high due to the hype.
I give it a 6 of 10 overall, and a 3 of 10 considering expectations.

Sorry you had a disappointing evening at HHN. In 14 years going I've never done any of the tours...I spend enough money on my ticket...they don't need any more. I thought most of the houses were good with Dead Waters being my favorite this year. Scare zones are nothing like they used to be and that's a sore point with me. I can't stand Bill and Ted and will probably walk them out of the park on the last night. If you decide to try it again, forget the tours and just purchase the Express Passes for that night...when you can do what you want and aren't tied up by a tour you might enjoy it more.

Never an issue to give your experience
Readers are interested in every ones opinion

So far I have done 2 nights and here for my 3rd night

No real waits for houses tonight
I have ep and don't need it

My guess many are concerned the rain will come soon and staying away from UO

Have not seen it this dead in years for a Thursday

Sorry it didn't meet your expectations, but I'm glad you posted your impression. It could help other HHN newbies to read a dissenting opinion, since most here (including me) post completely (or mostly) positive reviews.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter