Delete Thread

I'm woeful at keeping up with pre trip reports.......

But, have a wonderful trip.........

Hope y'all have a great trip!! I'm just a little jealous. We are headed to Florida next weekend, and wish we were going to Orlando, but a four day trip to the beach will have to do for now. :sunny:

Oh we are going to be there for three days together. LOL!

I feel the same way about Volcano Bay. I like water parks, but this just seems kind of blah to me. They kept saying that it was a theme water park. Chris and I were watching the DisUnplugged Video that they did. To me, it didn't seem like that great of a park.

Have you checked Frontier Airlines? They are insanely cheap. For Chris, me and Jordan it would have been $240 round trip. That's for all three of us. I believe you have to pay for checked bags, but it's still cheap. I was going to fly, but we would need a car when we are there so we decided to drive.

Yay for adding more days to your trip...that's always good ::yes::

I also feel the same about VB, I will not do the drop slides...no atomic wedgie for me. I can see us enjoying the rest of the park in nice beach chairs with an attendant to fetch us food and whatnot...that part sounds heavenly:cloud9:

We've booked our Volcano Bay tickets and loungers for 9/15!
Awesome!

So we decided to add it to the morning of a horror nights day, and then do HHN that night. The plan is to do HHN on Friday and Saturday that week.
We actually got our Cabana for a day before HHN. Granted, it is going to be our 4th night in a week of HHN so were not in a rush to get there right at opening.

And since I don't think we'll need EP in the parks Wed and Thurs (and we'll have it one night at Horror Nights), I switched our resort to Sapphire Falls, and added Tuesday night. So now we're staying at Universal the night of 9/12-9/17.
I've been wanting to check out Sapphire Falls, it looks very relaxing.

I'm also having a bit of a dilemma with December. The flights were a little expensive this last week so I decided to hold off on buying them, but I checked again this weekend and the flights are now astronomically expensive. With Southwest I usually don't see flights coming back down because it means they're selling them fast when the prices rise (several flights in Nov-Jan are already sold out).
I ALWAYS book as soon as the flights are released for Southwest. Those have always seemed to be the lowest prices, barring the semi-annual sale. I think that goes on in June and October? Maybe you'll get lucky in June!

I really really want to see this stuff, but I'm kind of at the point where I'm thinking of scrapping the December trip because it's more work and money than it's worth to go for a long weekend. :sad:
As much as I am excited to see it all, I would have to agree with you. I definitely couldn't bring myself to spend that much on flights for a long weekend either.

Such a good idea to rent the Cabana for part of your HHN day.......you'll be well rested I imagine to enjoy a longer night.......I'm looking forward to going in and seeing VB.....but I don't like water parks, so it's really just to see everything, not actually go on anything.......we will be in and out in an hour, maybe longer if we eat some food there which does look good!

Shame about the December flights......I feel your pain. Our flights from the UK are high this year, more than we usually pay, but hey ho, it is what it is...........hope you get something sorted though and don't have to cancel your plans.

I did read you had booked loungers......lol.......I'm looking at my nieces pictures from Volcano Bay and admiring their Cabana on my other IPad at the same time as reading on here on this iPad!

Can't even blame wine as I haven't had any........:D

Yes, I wouldn't do any of the water things......I hate water, don't like getting my face wet or in my ears......I'm a wimp! I'd be on a lounger or a Cabana too if we were going for longer than an hour or so........

I did read you had booked loungers......lol.......I'm looking at my nieces pictures from Volcano Bay and admiring their Cabana on my other IPad at the same time as reading on here on this iPad!

Can't even blame wine as I haven't had any........:D

:rotfl:

Yes, I wouldn't do any of the water things......I hate water, don't like getting my face wet or in my ears......I'm a wimp! I'd be on a lounger or a Cabana too if we were going for longer than an hour or so........

Haha I don't blame you I don't like that either!

Not to be creepy, but you're upstate NY aren't you? Have you checked JetBlue out of Albany? I fly out of Albany and got good prices for my upcoming visit (7 days to go!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter