HHI Roll Call, Adoration & Information Thread 2010

Thank you. Have you been during that time frame before?

Yes, in fact we are there this year until 7/3. The resort is fine - it is full all summer and I have never found that an issue. The beach and Beach House are also ok. It may be hard to find a parking space at the Beach House, but we ride bikes and use the shuttle to avoid that problem.

The primary issue is being able to eat out as the lines are long. There may be traffic congestion on the main roads too. We just don't eat out often on Hilton Head, and if we do, we try to find restruants where we can make a reservation. Also, we do order out, crabs & shrimp (the place is in Bluffton - the desk or Cast Member named Mike can tell you about it), pizza, Chinese, and a rib place. I absolutely recommend skipping the Low Country Shrimp Boil at Disney HH and also the barbacue. It is so so food (actually we very much disliked the Shrimp Boil) and it is expensive.
Sandie

Yes, in fact we are there this year until 7/3. The resort is fine - it is full all summer and I have never found that an issue. The beach and Beach House are also ok. It may be hard to find a parking space at the Beach House, but we ride bikes and use the shuttle to avoid that problem.

The primary issue is being able to eat out as the lines are long. There may be traffic congestion on the main roads too. We just don't eat out often on Hilton Head, and if we do, we try to find restruants where we can make a reservation. Also, we do order out, crabs & shrimp (the place is in Bluffton - the desk or Cast Member named Mike can tell you about it), pizza, Chinese, and a rib place. I absolutely recommend skipping the Low Country Shrimp Boil at Disney HH and also the barbacue. It is so so food (actually we very much disliked the Shrimp Boil) and it is expensive.
Sandie
Thank you so much for the information. I really appreciate it.

Has anyone from the Northeast driven down to HHI and then onto WDW? About how far of a drive is it from HHI to WDW?

Can't help you from the NE, but, from Savannah to WDW is about a 5 1/2 to 6 hour drive depending on: traffic, stops, and how fast you drive. I always set my cruise control for about 2 mph below the speed limit and we just relax and look. We also take the 417 around Orlando, it is a few miles longer, but, about 1/2 hour shorter (at least for us it is).

Jacksonville is a problem, but, it's not quite as bad now as it was about 5 years ago. And Brunswick is about finished.

I would plan on 6 to 7 depending on the traffic in Bluffton more than anything else.

Is there another thread about HHI more recent than this one? I can't find any. That's seems strange.

Is there another thread about HHI more recent than this one? I can't find any. That's seems strange.

I know that I had a HHI roll call for 2011. To the best of my knowledge no one's picked up on it for 2012. I would, but I'm a tax preparer and tomorrow starts full time (at least) work.

I guess no one wants to do one. I would, but no time until April 15th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter