HHI Review + Trip Report

Dis_Yoda

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
We just spent 5 wonderful nights at Disney's Hilton Head Resort.

Accomendations
We had a Studio in Building 12 which is attached to the check in building and thus the only elevator. We loved how spacious the studio was and the overlook with the marsh from our porch. I did find the window in the bathroom to be strange though as it had the slats opened when we first arrived. We also found it weird how they glued down the tv, phone and iPhone alarm. Everything was in great condition though. We were sad we didn't Shadow though even though we did get a chocolate treat from him for our anniversary.

Dining
CQs - I had arranged for us to have the Chef's tasting here for our anniversary and it was well worth every penny. It is located in an old barn in Harbor Town. This was one of the best meals we've had in a long time even compared to our dinner at Remy last year and some of the meals we have had at V&A.

Stack's - This was a wonderful breakfast place. I had their ultimate crepe which was a chocolate crepe w/ Nutella and banana ( there was a choice of fruit) so good! My husband had their hash and eggs and the plated got cleaned off in record time. Only thing we didn't like here was the Timeshare guy outside the place that kept talking to us while we were getting to our car but meh.

Il Carpaccio - We had this for lunch where we shared a pizza. It came with a salad that was ok but really small. The pizza was a really thin crust but very good!

Eat! - We had a dinner here that was great. Our server was a bit strange but I think we might have thrown him off that we knew what we wanted despite having not been there before. I had 3 tapas as my meal and the Brie was so good as were the Duck wings. The creole prawns were eh. My husband enjoyed his filet with the fits gras butter. We did get their signature dessert -chocolate ridiculous cake which was huge and really rich that we brought most of it back with us and we had it the next two nights.

Crazy Crab - On our sea pines day, we had a lunch here. My husband enjoyed his pot of crab legs (not a horrible price either @ $20) I had their shrimp which were also good.

Truffles Cafe - We had a dinner here and really enjoyed it also.

One Hot Mama - we enjoyed some of the appetizers here one evening and they were great. If we had been more hungry, I'm sure we would have loved their BBQ though. It was extremely packed which is always a good sign.

Activities
Outlets - we did shop at the two outlets. Picked up a new purse and some kitchen things. The prices at Polo and Talbots werent better than what we can get at our home mall.

Northgate 10 Movie Theatre - loved how reasonable priced it was. It was an old style movie theatre with normal seating rather than stadium seating.

Faces Spa - I had a swe-Thai massage here as I read good reviews online and the prices were much better than the Westin Spa or the Hilton Spa. It was so relaxing and nice for a day spa. I would go back there next time and not even consider the other spas.

Beach - Disney's beach house was closed during this time so they had access to the beach through another house. It was chilly this week but the walk was nice way to spend an afternoon.

Sea Pines - we enjoyed the shopping at harbor town and seeing all those boats we would never could afford. We attempted to find the ruins but we just couldn't find them even trying for an hour.

Coastal Discovery Museum - we spent a morning here and it was a nice walk and an ok museum.

Pinckney Island National Wildlife Refuge - wish we would have gotten here earlier than we did as we just didn't get enough time to walk it as I would have liked. The area was beautiful though.

New hall Audubon Nature Preserve - I wished we didn't go here before we did the Pickney Island as like I said before as it was kinda blah. Not much to see on the trails.

H3 Cooking Class - I had found this online and it was one of our highlights of the trip. It was expensive & adults only but it's a small (only 6 cooking stations) so you can get a lot of attention from the teacher. We got to prepare a full meal from start to finish (while learning some healthier ways of doing some stuff) and enjoy it. It was just us and one other couple.

Overall it was a great trip. A lot more relaxing than WDW would have been which is exactly what we needed at this time.

I'm so glad you enjoyed HHI-it's our favorite DVC resort. We also loved Stack's Pancakes. We haven't been to any of the other resturaunts you've been to, so we really appreciated the reviews. Thanks for the report.

Sounds wonderful! We love HHI! We always go during the summer, but I'm so tempted to try an off-season time for the low points plus I'm sure it is just as bit fun and relaxing as it is during the summer!

Thanks for your trip report -- nice to hear you had a wonderful vacation. We're going in April and found your report helpful as I've not done much planning but have stayed at HH back in 2003. Now my girls are teenagers so looking for things they would be interested in. Love the relaxing, laid back part of Hilton Head!!!

Thanks for filling us in- I just love HHI- I really need to figure that beautiful island back into my vacation life!

Thanks for the review......One of these days I will venture out of WDW....to try HHI, Vero and Aulani:goodvibes
Kerri

Thanks for showing us all the fun you can have in HHI in February! Our first trip with extended family will be in June/July, but DH and I want to go there in December/January some year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter