HH Room

Disneyjamie

DVC Member 2004 SSR
We just got back from 5 days at HHI, and we were lucky to get (in my opinion) the best 2 bedroom suite at the resort - #1421. It had an excellent marsh view (one day, we saw a dolphin from our balcony in the Broad Creek just past the marshy areas), and perfect viewing of the Tuesday night fireworks from the Creek.

The only odd thing about the room was that the bottom sheets on the beds were all flat sheets, not fitted. We would have to retuck the bottom sheets nightly as we ddn't like the feeling when the bottom sheets would get loose and move all over the place. Are all rooms like that here?

All disney rooms that I have been in are like this. Many people pack their own fillted sheets and take them along.

Kim

Thanks for the report. Glad you saw a Dolphin. Isn't it great to see one "in the wild"?

quentina said:
All disney rooms that I have been in are like this. Many people pack their own fillted sheets and take them along.

Kim

Do you mean all Disney or all DVC rooms? I have stayed at AKL and others, and don't remember the bottom sheet not being a fitted one...

Disneyjamie said:
Do you mean all Disney or all DVC rooms? I have stayed at AKL and others, and don't remember the bottom sheet not being a fitted one...

All of the DVC rooms I have stayed in have been flat sheets. It has been many years since I stayed in the regular rooms and too be honest, I do not remember.

Kim

Disneyjamie said:

Since you have Mousekeeping daily at non-DVC resorts, maybe you just didn't notice the sheet came out?

Most hotels use flat sheets for both top and bottom sheets. That way there is no need for housekeeping to waste time choosing the correct type of sheet from the pile as they make beds. For an experienced housekeeper it is actually quicker to make a bed that way. Also, laundering and replacement costs are less if all the sheets are the same.

Fitted sheets are only for those with 1,000 points or more.

We just returned, too, from 5 days at HH. And I thought we ended up with one of the best 2 bedrooms at the resort! :goodvibes We were in 3013 at the end of the resort and a short walk from the pool. What a beautiful resort!

I noticed the flat sheets, too. Maybe next time we'll bring our own. The kids piled so much stuff in the bed with them that the sheets didn't have a chance of staying tucked in!

We absolutely loved this trip and can't wait to go back (flat or fitted sheets!) :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter