HGVC - International Drive

luvdisney14

Mother of 3 Great Boys
I am so confused on what type of second bedroom we are getting. I've read 2 double beds or king or king and a pull sofa? What has anyone one had in their guest bedroom?:confused:

I stayed there last year, and LOVED it! The one bedroom was like a really nice one bedroom apartment - It had a huge master bedroom with a private screened porch, a jacuzzi tub and bathroom with double sinks and stall shower. The living area had another screened porch, a sleeper sofa, a dining area and a full kitchen - there was even a stacked washer and dryer off the kitchen. The living area was between the two bedrooms.
The second bedroom had a queen bed and a sleeper sofa. It was like a small hotel room by itself. There was a wet bar with mini fridge, small sink, and micro. The second bathroom was your standard hotel bath with tub/shower combo.
After 5 nights at the POLY, we loved the space. We were able to get all our laundy done before going home and stretch out a little, and could have walked to SeaWorld if we wanted.
I think you'll love it!

McGypsy:

Just to clarify, the initial post was about HGVC International Dr. If you were able to walk to Sea World, you were probably at HGVC at Sea World. The floor plans are different at each location. You are describing a one bedroom unit attached to a studio unit at the Sea World location.;)

LuvDisney14:

The second bedroom is just a regular bedroom and bath. I can't remember what type of bedding is in the second bedroom. The two bedroom unit is a "real" two bedroom unit as opposed to a one bedroom plus studio.

I've stayed at both locations, although its been years since I've been at Sea World. I'm headed to International Drive next month.:yay:

we own at HGVC I drive and have stayed there for about 10 weeks... :)

Are you having a 2 bed apartment?

Both bedrooms have King beds...
the second bedroom is a lock off.... with own kitchenette and bathroom (regular bathroom) with small tub and shower etc..

Sleeper sofa in the living area

If you have any questions.. do fire away!
You will love it... its absolutely gorgeous.. and by far the nicest time share we have ever stayed at!

I don't think we have a lock off, just a 2 bedroom. Also, what kind of coffee filters are needed. Last year we stayed at vistana and they had free coffee in the am, so I didn't have to bring coffee filters. Also, do they give you fresh towel mid week. Thank you. We are so excited that we were able to trade into there.:banana:

Depending on when you check in, will determine the type of unit you will get. We have had a "normal" 2 bedroom with a master/king bed and the second bedroom has 2 doubles and there is a pull out sofa in the living room.
We have also gone and gotten a 2 bed room lock out. It is a 1 bed room unit and a studio, which is like a "normal" hotel room. Both bed rooms have a king bed and the 1 bedroom has the living area with the pull out sofa.

We own there and LOVE it. So much so, we just added more points. Yeah!

Have fun. As far as coffee filters - I know they left coffee for us, but I don't know if there were filters. Don't drink the stuff.

Have fun and enjoy your stay!

Sarah

Thank you, I better take my air mattress with us. I noticed that you also have 3 boys, what ages? Mine are 22, 19 and 16? I might try to call HGVC a week before and see what kind of room we will get.

I now have 4 boys. Ages 9,6,2 and 3 months. When I first joined the Dis I had 3.

You are going to love staying at HGVC. I love it there. They are very friendly, it is in a great location.

I would call ahead and have them put you down for a "true" 2 bedroom, not a lock out. Your room view won't be as great, but then everyone will have a bed.

Sarah

How far ahead do you think I should call? We will be staying at the dolphin 2 days before we check in maybe I will take a ride to HGVC then.

Im pretty sure they provide coffee filters at HGVC.. we never buy them when we stay. I guess it depends how much coffee you drink..! :)
Call, two to three days in advance would be fine i should think...
we have never been given a proper two bed apartment... we always get given a one bed and a studio.. which is huge :)

I guess it depends what you want..... :)

Depending on when you check in, will determine the type of unit you will get. We have had a "normal" 2 bedroom with a master/king bed and the second bedroom has 2 doubles and there is a pull out sofa in the living room.
We have also gone and gotten a 2 bed room lock out. It is a 1 bed room unit and a studio, which is like a "normal" hotel room. Both bed rooms have a king bed and the 1 bedroom has the living area with the pull out sofa.

We own there and LOVE it. So much so, we just added more points. Yeah!

Have fun. As far as coffee filters - I know they left coffee for us, but I don't know if there were filters. Don't drink the stuff.

Have fun and enjoy your stay!

Sarah

We have a thre bedroom, so will that be a "true 2 bedroom" and a studio, or what?

Does anybody know?

julia

I think the three beds are a two bed and a studio.. :)

Luvdisney14, see if this thread clarifies things for you. See post #16 and later (I'm Blues on that BBS).

As I understand it, there are two types of 2BR units at HGVC International. In both, the main BR has a king bed. One type of 2Br has two doubles for the 2nd BR, and one type has a king. I believe the latter type of unit is a lockout.

HTH. We're going at the end of April, and I plan to call a week or two ahead to confirm.

Grand Bob, just wondering how your stay was at this property? Also, did you call in advance to put your request in?

As many other owners have mentioned, booking a "2 bedroom" is either a 1 bedroom + studio or a 2 bedroom. The 3 bedroom unit is *always* a 2 bedroom + studio. I've been an HGVC owner (Sea World location) since 2000.

For people with small children, if you are getting a 2 bedroom, I would absolutely call and request a true 2 bedroom unit as the studio room does have its own door. For our last visit this past March, you got the 1 + studio, but it was perfect since my parents were in the studio and my daughter (5 yo), my wife and I were in the 1 bedroom unit.

Every visit to an HGVC location (both Orlando locations, South Beach and both 2 locations in Las Vegas) has been great. In Orlando, I prefer the International Drive location because it is newer, but both are great!

Just wanted to make sure, which ever 2 bedroom you get, you have a full kitchen and washer and dryer?

Just wanted to make sure, which ever 2 bedroom you get, you have a full kitchen and washer and dryer?

yes.. everything above a studio has a washer dryer.. so if you have a true two bed it will and your "one bed" will have a washer dryer if you have a lock off..

Have a great time!

We will be in Orlando the same time as you I think... but sadly we are not staying at the HGVC this time.. saving our points (weve used too many points and want to catch up this year!) - but we will be visiting our friends there for sure :)

You will love it :)

Sammie x

I am so confused on which building to request. I am leaning towards the new ones because the bridge connects them to the pool. I just have to make sure that there is not construction noise. We definately spend a lot of time at the pool area.

they have been building the entire time that we have been owners and I have never heard construction noise at HGVC... other than the odd hammer in the distance...

the pool is right accross the lake from the latest buildings anyway so you wont hear anything..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter