Hey screeching frogs, are you calling Tiana or just irritating us! Complete! New TR link 12/2!

Looking forward to more too because I know how fun MK was that afternoon, especially getting to meet the two of you! :)

Day 1, part 2 continues.....

When I left off, we were taking in all the wonderful sites and sounds! MK was busy but not crazy so we really enjoyed our own walking tour. Soon it was time to start using our FP+.

We had FP+ starting at 3:00, the first was Splash, then BTMRR, and last 7DMT. We were lucky because these were all in a row! Splash was going down for refurb on 8/28/17 so we were glad to ride today. I am a ride chicken for the most part, I will do the three above but I do not ride Space anymore to jerky and I always get a headache after!

Splash was awesome, we didn't get very wet, there was an older lady with her family in our log and she did not care for the ride at all, she gave her dtr. a dirty look at the end! lol!
IMG_0983.JPG

I love BTMRR, it always makes me giggle as we fly around those curves! I wish there was a ride photo for this attraction. We got on both of these rides quickly with our FP+

Our last FP was 7DMT, I really enjoy this ride but man is it short! We were in the front this time. I have always wondered why I look such a fright on ride photos with my hair blowing like crazy and Andi looks like she is just relaxing at the beach.:confused3
IMG_0986.JPG IMG_0987.JPG

During this time I was texting with @suse66 for a meet up! She also had similar FP this afternoon. We decided to meet up after our last FP at the best bathroom spot in MK. Tangled area! We made our way over there and and met with @suse66. It was so nice to have short little visit with her. She was enjoying her solo trip and was on the tail end of her trip. I had Andi take a picture of us and I look a fright but we had to have a picture! I have only met one other Dis person so far, last summer, I met @kastoney so this was an awesome treat. We talked about our plans and how much fun her trip has been so far. She was heading to HM. Andi and I tried to get a FP to ride with her but no luck. We then parted ways and Andi and I were ready to head back to the Poly to check out our room, relax, and eat something!!!
IMG_1612.JPG
The text for our room stated we were in Rarotonga long house, room 3813. This was on the top floor at the end of the hall. I am pretty sure this is the room I requested on TP. Our long house was so close to the Ceremonial House and transportation so a win win for me!
IMG_1160.JPG IMG_1045.JPG IMG_1051.JPG IMG_1047.JPG

We got settled in and headed to Captain Cook's for dinner. Andi went with the Pan Asian Noodles with chicken and I got the pulled pork nachos. The nachos are topped with onions, cheese, spicy mayo, tomatoes, and pineapple salsa. The food for a quick service was very good. We really enjoyed both and shared. We had Dole whips for dessert. I love the swirl ones, the plain pineapple one is to tart for me so the vanilla soft serve with the pineapple is perfect. Yummy!!
IMG_1056.JPG IMG_1057.JPG

I was exhausted by this time so night night for me. Andi and I love to watch old sitcoms at Disney before bed like Friends and King of Queens so we fell asleep to this. ahh..
what a wonderful travel/first day at WDW. We were home!!

Stay tuned for Day 2. What the heck was that noise all night???

Glad all your travel went smoothly!

How wonderful to be at the park by lunchtime! I'm sorry you didn't think of mobile ordering earlier, but pretzels are a great way to beat hunger :)

Love the selfies of you two and the character pics! Off to a great start!

Thank you! It was so nice to get there early enough to count this day as almost a full day! I love the snap chat selfies the filter is wonderful for more mature people like me lol!

Hi Caroline!
Loving the TR so far :) It was SO fun to meet the two of you---only a week ago today, that is crazy. So glad we got a chance to meet up!!! I'm happily following along here, can't wait for more.
Hi Dana! So glad you found the report. It was so nice to meet you and your wonderful family. I am glad you had a wonderful trip, we sure did. I loved how happy and excited you were, such fun!
Looking forward to more too because I know how fun MK was that afternoon, especially getting to meet the two of you! :)
I so enjoyed meeting you, sure wish we could have sat down and had a drink together! Maybe in the future. I maybe traveling solo when Andi is off at college and maybe in the Disney college program! I loved your descriptions and happiness when you were telling us about your trip and what you had experienced so far! Awesome! Spoiler alert I never did get to Trader Sam's, did you?

looking forward to reading more & seeing the room! staying at poly is definitely up there on my list :)

I didn't get the best pictures in the room, but we loved it! I will have a few more pictures in the next post that show our balcony view. I would stay there again in a heartbeat if the price was right!

I'm late as always but here now. Looks like you are off to a great start. Awesome you and Susan got to meet. Funny you both were my first dismeets

I love that t-shirt as well, this is one of our favorite attractions!
Same! :cloud9: I love me some CoP!

I read Game of Thrones on my Kindle.
I am SO late to this... but really do want to get into it!

pretzels at The Lunching Pad.
Yum! I love these :thumbsup2

During this time I was texting with @suse66 for a meet up!
Yay! So happy this happened! I had a chance to meet @suse66 myself this trip, so I can relate to how awesome she is! :goodvibes:thumbsup2

Thank you! It was so nice to get there early enough to count this day as almost a full day! I love the snap chat selfies the filter is wonderful for more mature people like me lol!

Hi Dana! So glad you found the report. It was so nice to meet you and your wonderful family. I am glad you had a wonderful trip, we sure did. I loved how happy and excited you were, such fun!

I so enjoyed meeting you, sure wish we could have sat down and had a drink together! Maybe in the future. I maybe traveling solo when Andi is off at college and maybe in the Disney college program! I loved your descriptions and happiness when you were telling us about your trip and what you had experienced so far! Awesome! Spoiler alert I never did get to Trader Sam's, did you?

I didn't get the best pictures in the room, but we loved it! I will have a few more pictures in the next post that show our balcony view. I would stay there again in a heartbeat if the price was right!
Hi!!! So happy we all met up too, you and Andi were so fun :) Such an exciting day, glad we got it in before the hurricane happened. Can't wait to read the rest of your report, yay!!!! Hope your night is a good one :daisy:

I'm late as always but here now. Looks like you are off to a great start. Awesome you and Susan got to meet. Funny you both were my first dismeets
Hi Kari, I love your new avatar picture! How fun you met Susan also! We missed you this August! Glad to have you reading along.

Same! :cloud9: I love me some CoP!

I am SO late to this... but really do want to get into it!

Yum! I love these :thumbsup2

Yay! So happy this happened! I had a chance to meet @suse66 myself this trip, so I can relate to how awesome she is! :goodvibes:thumbsup2
We never get tired of CoP, we sing the song all the way through the attraction!
I agree with you, it is so fun to meet Diser's who share the love of Disney!

Hi!!! So happy we all met up too, you and Andi were so fun :) Such an exciting day, glad we got it in before the hurricane happened. Can't wait to read the rest of your report, yay!!!! Hope your night is a good one :daisy:

Hi Dana,
Wow we did get out just in time to miss this horrific Hurricane. I hope everyone in Florida is staying safe.
I'm so glad you and your family had a great trip, are you planning another? Lol it is hard not too.

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to give a rundown on our food costs for Day 1 and add a few more pictures of our view at the Poly.

Day 1. Lunching Pad= 11.17
Captain Cooks=35.59 (20%AP discount) 1 refillable mug for Andi
Pineapple Lanai=9.57

View from our deck

IMG_0946.JPGIMG_0948.JPG IMG_0947.JPG

We were in a standard view so it was okay for that.

Last edited:
Your ride photos came out so cute! How nice to get front row at SDMT!

How fun to sneak in a DISmeet on your first day!

Your room looks great, and sounds like a good dinner! I also prefer the dole whip swirl, I'm really glad they brought this back to MK!

What a great first day for you two!!

Hi Kari, I love your new avatar picture! How fun you met Susan also! We missed you this August! Glad to have you reading along.

We never get tired of CoP, we sing the song all the way through the attraction!
I agree with you, it is so fun to meet Diser's who share the love of Disney!

Hi Dana,
Wow we did get out just in time to miss this horrific Hurricane. I hope everyone in Florida is staying safe.
I'm so glad you and your family had a great trip, are you planning another? Lol it is hard not too.

Hey Caroline!
YES, we were lucky to be out of Orlando, for sure, wow. Oh yes, we definitely had a great trip, SO fun!!!!! I have a bit of the Disney blues, which only means that I should be planning another trip soon :D Hopefully we will---I know we will definitely go when the new Star Wars land is open.....I have two HUGE fans in the family who need to see it, ha ha.

You look so good in your ride photos! I never like mine, mainly because my hair is always blowing back so too much of my face is showing :P

I got the pulled pork nachos. The nachos are topped with onions, cheese, spicy mayo, tomatoes, and pineapple salsa.
These nachos look delicious. They've only recently gotten on my radar so now I need to somehow fit a trip to the Poly in just for them lol. You guys had a great day!

Next time we meet up we will definitely plan to have a drink together and chat some more. Andi reminds me of my Jack a bit, very sure of what she likes and a little quirky. She is a total sweetheart. How is she settling in to grade 12? Jack is finding the workload heavy already and they've only been back for a week. I had hoped for Trader Sams but the thunderstorm that blew in that Saturday night had me cancelling my plans and heading back to AKL instead.

What the heck was that weird noise during the night????

Day 2. Part 1

Hello Everyone,
On with the show! I wish I could say I slept like a princess this first night but unfortunately I did not. I forgot to mention how much it rained our first night. We had really good timing because, once we were on the monorail the skies opened up, it rained hard and there also were thunderstorms. Several walkways at the Poly were flooded. So, we went to sleep with it still raining.

We got up early this day because we were heading to DHS for EMH, well during the night I could hear this weird sound, it cycled every 5-10 minutes, it was a cross between a goat hollering or an annoying bird?? It was a very weird sound. Andi had heard it also and it was still there as we got ready to leave. I asked at the lobby before we headed to the bus stop and was told the noise is a frog. You all, there are screeching frogs in Florida and they screech when it rains hard.:rolleyes2:sad2:. I told the lady at the desk, frogs in Minnesota don't sound like that. Our frogs are melodic and actually help you sleep. Andi googled screeching frogs and oh yes that was definitely the sound. So google them if you want to hear these annoying creatures. We did hear them a few more times but overall the first night was the worst. Now you all know where the title came from.
IMG_1629.JPG IMG_1654.JPG
Okay now really, on with the show, we had good bus mojo and we're heading to DHS by 7:20am. We arrived in time for the 8:00am opening and quickly walked to TSMM and did stand by within 15 minutes. We love this ride, so fun. Andi beat me as usual.
IMG_1043.JPG
We came out by the Cars meet and greet so we said hello to Cruz Ramirez:car:. We haven't been to Cars 3, however I recently watched the original Cars and I really enjoyed that one.

We went by Buzz and Woody meet and greet and decided to do this as well since it wasn't to long of a wait. These two are so awesome, they really spend time with each family and interact really well with everyone. They love when Andi lets them know her name is Andi! They really make a big deal when they find out.
IMG_1042.JPG

We went by GMR and give our respects, RIP GMR! We did get a few pictures in front of it with the fish eye lens, pretty cool!
IMG_1035.JPG

We headed to another meet and greet after this, it was with BB8! We waited about 15 minutes to see the cute little droid so not bad. The CM said he was nervous because I had a storm trooper on my shirt. I tried to let him know it was a kinder more gentle one with the flowers on him, but BB8 wasn't buying it! It really was a fun meet and I am glad we did it.
IMG_1643.JPG
IMG_1039.JPG
We then went to check in our favorite hotel, the elevators in that place are so dangerous I can't believe they haven't fixed them or cleaned up the place, lol! Andi and I both use to be so afraid of this ride and would never ride it, we would get a FP then start backing out as the time approached, well we went for it a few trips back and love it now! A tip I learned is to keep your feet firmly planted on the floor then it doesn't bother the stomach and I actually have fun!
IMG_1036.JPG
We then went to see that green frog, I wasn't holding a grudge against Kermit, despite his loud cousins! The Muppets is old but we just love it and it is a must each trip. It was then time for ST FP+, we got the pod racing again, and the underwater scene. So we had done all this and it was just 10:45!

We headed over to Sci-fi for our ADR, we were seated right at 11:00 in the front of a car this time! We usually are always "hitchhikers" in the back of the car.

IMG_1649.JPG

Cont in the next post....

Attachments

• IMG_1655.JPG
    IMG_1655.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 2
Cont from last post..
IMG_1648.JPG
We love Sci-fi, the drive in atmosphere and goofy old movies are right up our alley.

We both had a milk shake, I had the Oreo one and Andi had the special of the day, Birthday cake, these were delicious!
IMG_1650.JPG
We decided to try the deep fried dill pickles, these were good with the spicy ranch dipping sauce, probably one and done for us but we did enjoy them.
IMG_1652.JPG

We decided to split the Drive in BBQ Burger, this was a burger with BBQ sauce, bacon, and cheddar cheese, we had onions added as well. The burger came with French fries.
IMG_1653.JPG

This meal was very good for the price and our service was excellent. Our cost for lunch was $46.34 with 10% AP discount.

Here are a few more pictures from our fun morning at DHS.
IMG_1644.JPG IMG_1630.JPG IMG_1632.JPG IMG_1034.JPG

We then headed back to the Poly to rest up for a little while.

Stay tuned for Day 2 part 2, how many FP today? And dining with a beast!

Your ride photos came out so cute! How nice to get front row at SDMT!

How fun to sneak in a DISmeet on your first day!

Your room looks great, and sounds like a good dinner! I also prefer the dole whip swirl, I'm really glad they brought this back to MK!

What a great first day for you two!!

We had so much fun the first day even though I was pretty tired. I really liked our room, minus the frogs! We had a great location and mouse keeping was great. I didn't realize the swirl is back at MK, that's awesome!

Hey Caroline!
YES, we were lucky to be out of Orlando, for sure, wow. Oh yes, we definitely had a great trip, SO fun!!!!! I have a bit of the Disney blues, which only means that I should be planning another trip soon :D Hopefully we will---I know we will definitely go when the new Star Wars land is open.....I have two HUGE fans in the family who need to see it, ha ha.
It is hard to get back to real life after the Disney bubble for sure! I'm glad your husband and son enjoyed their visit, I'm sure you can get them to go back sooner than later!

You look so good in your ride photos! I never like mine, mainly because my hair is always blowing back so too much of my face is showing :P

These nachos look delicious. They've only recently gotten on my radar so now I need to somehow fit a trip to the Poly in just for them lol. You guys had a great day!

You are so sweet, I look a fright in most, the only reason I'm in so many selfies is the filter on snap chat! I'm sorry my picture of the nachos is sloppy looking but these things are so good! I wish I had some right now! Definitely try them.

Your TR's are so fun! Joining in...

Ahh thanks, glad to have you reading along!

Next time we meet up we will definitely plan to have a drink together and chat some more. Andi reminds me of my Jack a bit, very sure of what she likes and a little quirky. She is a total sweetheart. How is she settling in to grade 12? Jack is finding the workload heavy already and they've only been back for a week. I had hoped for Trader Sams but the thunderstorm that blew in that Saturday night had me cancelling my plans and heading back to AKL instead.

You sure hit the nail describing Andi, that is her! She is busy also after just one week, she has several college classes so adjusting to this has been a lot of work. I almost forgot about that rain and storm the first night, we had several nights like that. It rained a fair amount but we had decent timing and we're never caught in a big downpour!

Cont from last post..
View attachment 268953
We love Sci-fi, the drive in atmosphere and goofy old movies are right up our alley.

We both had a milk shake, I had the Oreo one and Andi had the special of the day, Birthday cake, these were delicious!
View attachment 268949
We decided to try the deep fried dill pickles, these were good with the spicy ranch dipping sauce, probably one and done for us but we did enjoy them.
View attachment 268954

We decided to split the Drive in BBQ Burger, this was a burger with BBQ sauce, bacon, and cheddar cheese, we had onions added as well. The burger came with French fries.
View attachment 268948

This meal was very good for the price and our service was excellent. Our cost for lunch was $46.34 with 10% AP discount.

Here are a few more pictures from our fun morning at DHS.
View attachment 268947 View attachment 268951 View attachment 268952 View attachment 268955

We did TSMM again with a FP after lunch!
IMG_1655.JPG

We then headed back to the Poly to rest up for a little while.

Stay tuned for Day 2 part 2, how many FP today? And dining with a beast!

Oh no I'm sorry about the frogs!

Wow I am so impressed with how much you did! So many rides and character meets!

I love the fish eye photo in front of the Chinese Theater.

I went to Sci Fi with my parents as a kid. I would love to go back one day. The milkshakes look very yummy!

Glad it was a good morning for you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter