Hey Mom, Do I get to be the line leader again? A PTR…(My TR has started! - 6/1)

Coach, I can't believe you asked that question. Honey don't worry, I'll take you to try a glass in Dec. As you can see, Mad loved it.:rotfl:

:lmao: What a great photo or your sister!!!!!

I think so as well. I showed it to her the other day, and she cringed remember the taste of Beverly.

haha, love the Beverly picture!

It's one of those pictures that just make you smile.

What is this Beverly? When can I have a glass???

I am with Alisa on this one. I can't believe you are serious about not knowing what Beverly is. Don't worry. I am sure Alisa will be sure to introduce you to this lovely concoction in December.

Coach, I can't believe you asked that question. Honey don't worry, I'll take you to try a glass in Dec. As you can see, Mad loved it.:rotfl:

Be sure to get a picture for me! PLEASE!!!! I need more blackmail pictures for him.

Well, my mom is doing well. SHe will be going home tomorrow. She even walked down the hall to the oppoosite side of her hallway and back this afternoon while I visited with her. Of course, she is using a walker to help her out.

The boys are having a camp-out in the living room tonight with Madeline. They pull all the couch cushions and pillows onto the floor and make a ginormous bed. They all cuddle together and watch a movie. ANyone want to guess what Cooper has decided they will watch? Spiderman 3...No surprise there huh.

I love this time of year in Louisiana. A cool ront came through today. It is finally not sweltering here. This should be hitting FL in the next day or so. It feels so nice.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Thanks for posting on my PTR. We have a lot in common! My older DD is 5.5 and in K this year. My younger DD turned 3 in Sep. My younger one is also a daredevil. She was devestated last May when she could not ride ay thrill rides. My ODD did do BTMR-her fav, TOT-did not like the dark and Dinosaur-thought it was scary. We did not get to Splash. She is measuring in at 43.5 inches and the smaller one was around 37-have not had her 3 yr old check yet. I do not think she is going to hit 40 by May but I may stick her in thicker shoes LOL
I love your writing style-gotta go clean up the dog vomit hold on :rotfl2:
We were originally booked at Kidani in a 1 bd. We are still trying to figure out of DVC is in the budget. We just bought a new house and have ours to sell still.
Cooper sounds just like Cayley asking to go back everyday!
We have a few similar "must do" restraunts. O'Hana-new to us, CM-also new my little one had a big fear of characters last year but now we know its only Tigger. We were going to do Tusker House but they do not have Minnie. We also want to try Boma and the Wave. I am in the minority but did not think Le Cellier was that great. I am also on the fence on Whispering Canyon.
Before this comes a novel I will stop.

Not so much of an update for the trip as it is an update from real life. As I mentioned previously, I am a high school teacher. This week has been the most difficult week as a teacher I have ever experienced.:sad1:

I received a phone call SUnday afternoon while I was watching football with my DH and his friends. I was told that 4 students from my school were in a horrible car accident early that morning. Two of them were my students. There were five total boys in the car, and four of them died on impact. The fifth one needed to be transferred to New Orleans because of a severe brain injury.

Needless to say, going to work on Monday was the most difficult moment in my teaching career. I had never experienced a moment when I woul enter a classroom knowing that the student who sits in the desk in the middle of the room will never come back. It was so difficult going into the class and having the empty desk. It was such a sad moment.:sad1:

I sadly found out today that the parents of the only survivor removed him from life support since the injury to his brain was so severe he would never be able to recover. He was declared brain dead.

Part of the saddest piece of this story is that all the boys were cousins, but there were two sets of brothers. Two mothers and fathers each lost two sons in one moment.

Well, the funerals start tomorrow, and I am still unsure if I will attend the wake for a moment to pay my respects to the students who will not return to my classroom.

I hope I never have to go through this again.

This brings tears to my eyes. What a tragic loss. I am so sorry.

We should arrive on Saturday, May 22nd with enough time to hit the parks. We would most likely hit Epcot that day.

Our first park last summer was DHS for Star Wars weekend. DH is hoping that Star Wars Weekends fall again while we are there. We all had so much fun. If Star Wars Weekends fall along the same schedule as last year, then DHS would be our park of choice for Sunday.

I have already mentioned that Sam wants to go back to Blizzard Beach. We were there last summer from the moment it opened till it closed. He had a blast. This time, we plan to do both water parks. The boys are looking forward to do this more than anything else during this trip. The plan is to hit both TL and BB on Monday and Tuesday.

We love to go to the MK on Wednesday. It has always been a nice day for us. The Thursday would be left for AK. I am hoping to get Bryan to agree to a half park day on Friday, but we will see.
To make the most of our time there, we plan to hit some of the parks for evening EMH like last summer.

Just to add a bit of real life expreience from today, I saw the saddest thing today. I went to Wal Mart after school to get some groceries for the house. As I walked to the cash register in the front, I watched a cashier partake in behavior that I assume would cause her to actually lose her job. The cashier was checking out her customer and apparently did not like what the customer said. SHe came from behind her register and began beating the dog poop out of the customer! I do not know what happened, but I made certain to keep Sam a safe distance from them in a spot where he could not watch the behavior of the employee. I would think she lost her job.:sad2:

Me again, I am starting to feel like a Dis stalker LOL We have a few of the same parks and days planned. MK on Wed and AK on thurs. We tried to do a water park last year but got rained out. We also want to check out SW weekend for my hubby.

Ok, last one. Glad to hear your mom is recovering well. Great news your sister is coming with you guys. Always good to have another set of adult hands!

Thanks for posting on my PTR. We have a lot in common! My older DD is 5.5 and in K this year. My younger DD turned 3 in Sep. My younger one is also a daredevil. She was devestated last May when she could not ride ay thrill rides. My ODD did do BTMR-her fav, TOT-did not like the dark and Dinosaur-thought it was scary. We did not get to Splash. She is measuring in at 43.5 inches and the smaller one was around 37-have not had her 3 yr old check yet. I do not think she is going to hit 40 by May but I may stick her in thicker shoes LOL
I love your writing style-gotta go clean up the dog vomit hold on :rotfl2:
We were originally booked at Kidani in a 1 bd. We are still trying to figure out of DVC is in the budget. We just bought a new house and have ours to sell still.
Cooper sounds just like Cayley asking to go back everyday!
We have a few similar "must do" restraunts. O'Hana-new to us, CM-also new my little one had a big fear of characters last year but now we know its only Tigger. We were going to do Tusker House but they do not have Minnie. We also want to try Boma and the Wave. I am in the minority but did not think Le Cellier was that great. I am also on the fence on Whispering Canyon.
Before this comes a novel I will stop.

Thanks for joining in! We do have a lot in common. As far as the rides are concerned, we wanted to take it slow with Sam. He just looks at ToT and says "Absolutely Not!" I also wanted to hold off on Dinosaur. I had a feeling it would be too much for him, but I know Cooper will LOVE it!

That would be so cool if we did end up at the same resort! If you ever get around to it, DVC is fantastic! For us, it has been one of our best purchases. I am sure that Coach81 are alboq would also say the same thing. We are all hooked!

Cooper never had a fear of characters. He took his first trip at 1 1/2 and always tried to tackle them to give them a hug. Sam was not cautious either.

Once again, uncanny that we have a lot of similar must-do places. Ohana is just amazing. Chef Mickey's is just traditional. We actually like Tusker House just to see Daisy since the others can be found at almost every other character meal. Boma is fabulous. I love zebra domes! I dream about them. We are doing Le Cellier because I need something new in there.

This brings tears to my eyes. What a tragic loss. I am so sorry.

Thank you. Everything at school is getting easier every day.

Me again, I am starting to feel like a Dis stalker LOL We have a few of the same parks and days planned. MK on Wed and AK on thurs. We tried to do a water park last year but got rained out. We also want to check out SW weekend for my hubby.

You are not a stalker. Just someone trying to catch up. You have a lot to say. Oh, you must try at least one of the water parks. They are awesome. I thought it would be just another water park, but it is so much more. They really did a great job. With all of these similarities, who knows? We might bump into each other!

Ok, last one. Glad to hear your mom is recovering well. Great news your sister is coming with you guys. Always good to have another set of adult hands!

Thanks! Mom went home yesterday and is doing well. My sister, Madeline, came with us in 2006 and loved it. Since then, she has committed to and backed out of every single trip. I hope she sticks with us for this one because I know she would have so much more fun. We get so much more done now than we did on that trip. It will be like a whole new place to her. She did see some videos for the Sum of All Thrills, and she really wants to try it out.

Hiya! You have a great PTR going here. :goodvibes I followed you over from Mary's PTR. We're going the same week also. I haven't started my PTR yet....maybe tomorrow. :rolleyes1

You have a really cute family. Glad to hear your Mom is on the mend and very sorry to hear about your students. I don't want to think about how tough this situation is for everyone. :sad1:

Can't wait to read more! popcorn::

Joining in! I'm enjoying your ptr and can't wait to hear more.

So sorry about your students. And glad to hear your mom is on the mend. My aunt had hip replacement surgery in August and it is definitely a difficult recovery.

Hiya! You have a great PTR going here. :goodvibes I followed you over from Mary's PTR. We're going the same week also. I haven't started my PTR yet....maybe tomorrow. :rolleyes1

You have a really cute family. Glad to hear your Mom is on the mend and very sorry to hear about your students. I don't want to think about how tough this situation is for everyone. :sad1:

Can't wait to read more! popcorn::

Thanks for joining in on my planning! I look forward to reading your plans as well!

Thanks for the compliment on the family. Mom is doing well, and the students are coping well.

Joining in! I'm enjoying your ptr and can't wait to hear more.

So sorry about your students. And glad to hear your mom is on the mend. My aunt had hip replacement surgery in August and it is definitely a difficult recovery.

Thanks for joining in as well. Mom is doing a lot better than I thought she would. My sister came over this evening and told me she is pretty much running about the house right now. My aunt is in town right now to help her around when people are at work. I t just so happens she is going with her daughter, SIL, and GS in December. I helped her a lot, and she wants me to look at her plans.

I never was able to get around to writing a TR with our last trip even though I had planned to do so. When I decided to write this PTR, I decided to include a TR from the summer trip. So with that, I will get started with our previous trip. These little TR updates will be interspersed throughout the rest of the PTR. Plus, a friend of mine complained I didn't update enough for him.

As part of this PTR, I plan to give a look back to our last trip. We were last in the World May 30th-June 5th this year. Bryan dubbed this visit as the best trip ever. Samuel learned he loves to be the line leader. Our last day was just magical for us.

As I said in a previous installment, we left the house at midnight. It was actually closer to 12:30. Bryan got caught up doing something, so we were out the house a little later than we had planned. He woke me up, and we finished putting some things in the truck. We got the boys out of bed for some bathroom breaks, threw them in the truck, and finally were on our way.

DSC00714.jpg

Cooper travelled really well this trip. He stayed awake for maybe 30 minutes and slept until we stopped for breakfast. After breakfast, he stayed awake for about an hour and then slept until we turned off the turnpike.

DSC00715.jpg

Sam, on the other hand, was strong like bull and stayed awake the whole trip. He was the typical kid who was too excited to sleep.

Bryan drove and drove and drove. Our plan was that he would drive until we stopped for breakfast, and I would drive the remainder of the trip afterwards. We made record time to Tallahassee. You never realize how fast you get somewhere when there is no one else on the road. We stopped at the Cracker Barrel in Tallahassee around 7:45.

I took over the driving after breakfast. Bryan tried to sleep. Cooper was comatose. Sam watched some movies and told me all about them. Bryan did not sleep long since he could not get comfortable in the truck. We finally see what we had been looking for around lunch.

DSC00725.jpg

Oh yeah.. the drive to Florida.. not so great!!! As Bryan can tell you... it is a lonely, lonely ride that can take it out of you.. but what gets you through it.. is what's waiting for you!!!! Nice pics.. I can totally relate!!! Thanks for the update.. FINALLY!!!

Oh yeah.. the drive to Florida.. not so great!!! As Bryan can tell you... it is a lonely, lonely ride that can take it out of you.. but what gets you through it.. is what's waiting for you!!!! Nice pics.. I can totally relate!!! Thanks for the update.. FINALLY!!!

You're welcome!

A look back, YAY. Best trip ever huh-no presure for this one...

Actually, we look at it thinking that they can only get bettere from here.

Hi Megan!! I found your PTR from Leanne and Mary's PTRs!! My family will also be in WDW the same week as yours! We will be staying at the Poly again and I will be starting a PTR just as soon as I finish my TR!! :goodvibes We seem to have a lot in common. I am a former teacher, I am 30, and my oldest daughter is in Kindergarten this year!! I also have Le Cellier on our list for this trip!! (as well as O'hana--YUM!!) Not sure if we'll do Chef Mickey's again this trip or not. I'm looking forward to planning along with you!! Looking forward to May 2010!! :woohoo:

Bryan drove and drove and drove. Our plan was that he would drive until we stopped for breakfast, and I would drive the remainder of the trip afterwards. We made record time to Tallahassee. You never realize how fast you get somewhere when there is no one else on the road. We stopped at the Cracker Barrel in Tallahassee around 7:45.

I pass that Cracker Barrel several times a week! You were right around the corner from me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter