He's with the Band! a DL Performing Arts TR- 7/13/15 A little Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum!

I know! They grow up so danged fast! ALL mine, except Anara, has passed me up- and she's only a couple inches behind. Seems like just yesterday my Zachy was a little boy. :(

well....not to state the obvious but it doesn't take much to pass you up!

:lmao:

Your girls are not exactly tall, all of you are tiny gorgeous things!

Yes! He should totally try out for DM!!!!! Do I need to come up there and get him pumped up for it?!

He is really torn as he loves the actual marching. And also perhaps a bit anxious about the whole responsiblity aspect of it. He would love being the Jr DM, the boys who will be DM next year is SUCH a great kid that I think it is wonderful he wants Evan to consider it, definitely a boy Ev looks up to. We will see! I think he'd be great at it,

What a cool experience for the band! Love their uniforms! I was in marching band back in HS....I don't miss the Pee Wee Herman shoes we had to wear.

They are SO lucky! Because they wear spats, they can wear black tennis shoes and it works really well. I don't even remember what our shoes were for our uniforms but I imagine it was pee wee herman like!

I love the pictures of the band in the parade!!! That must have been such an amazing experience for them and so special that you were able to be there to see them marching.

What a big ensemble from the school! I never thought about the trombones being in front, despite Ben playing that instrument and having a role in the Music Man, but it makes sense. They need a lot of space in front for the slides.

I love the Mickey and Goofy band graphics!

A very happy new year to you and your family!

party:

I am so glad you found a great spot and had a great view.

Everyone looks so spiffy in their HOT wool marching band uniforms.

Such a special memory for all of you.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!

Cynthia,

I had a lot to catch up on, so it is far too much to comment on each point, but let me just say that the photos of the band are SO awesome! Thanks for sharing.

I just realized that I never signed up to your TR - or unsubscribed by accident????

Anyway, I love your report, especially since I was at DL just shortly after you. :goodvibes

What an event to march through Disneyland as a member of a band! It must be really exciting! And it seems like you managed to get good pictures! I had to laugh at your comment about Evan's eyes looking at the camera, I guess he wanted to make sure to look good in the picture! But I am surprised that he was able to actually see you in the mass of people!

I love the pictures of the band in the parade!!! That must have been such an amazing experience for them and so special that you were able to be there to see them marching.

It was incredibly magical! Very excited to do it again in 4 years when it is Eric's turn.

What a big ensemble from the school! I never thought about the trombones being in front, despite Ben playing that instrument and having a role in the Music Man, but it makes sense. They need a lot of space in front for the slides.

Yep, otherwise they just whack everyone. This way they just bang into each other.

:lmao:

We have a "real" trombone and then the "marching band" one.

:thumbsup2

I love the Mickey and Goofy band graphics!

A very happy new year to you and your family!

party:

Aren't those fun!

Happy New Year to you too!

I am so glad you found a great spot and had a great view.

Everyone looks so spiffy in their HOT wool marching band uniforms.

They are spiffy cool uniforms aren't they?

Such a special memory for all of you.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!

Happy new year to you Pat!

Cynthia,

I had a lot to catch up on, so it is far too much to comment on each point, but let me just say that the photos of the band are SO awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Karin! I know how you feel, I am behind everywhere. Happy New Year to you too!

I just realized that I never signed up to your TR - or unsubscribed by accident????

I've done both! We are moving pretty slow so you haven't missed all that much.

Anyway, I love your report, especially since I was at DL just shortly after you. :goodvibes

Yes you were! I need to get over and get caught up, I see you had an update.

What an event to march through Disneyland as a member of a band! It must be really exciting! And it seems like you managed to get good pictures! I had to laugh at your comment about Evan's eyes looking at the camera, I guess he wanted to make sure to look good in the picture! But I am surprised that he was able to actually see you in the mass of people!

Well, my mom managed good pics. The Evan camera shot was actually taken by someone else, he was just looking right at that camera! It was one of the school folks (teachers/chaperones) I think so he knew who he was looking at but it wasn't me.

they are smart those two, they know you have to believe to receive!
:goodvibes

Ha! Ha! That's how we roll, too! :santa:

Loved all the parade pics! The school has a really big band and other groups. :thumbsup2 Nice to see. It is a big deal out here, too. In our town in Oregon, there wasn't much participation with that, but again the budget was pretty much gone, so.... :sad2:

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Happy New Year Cynthia!

I'm sure it must be a crazy feeling to put in all that planning and preparation for what feels like a 2-minute experience. But at least you got to see him play and march in Disneyland, got the pictures, and his experience as he walked lasted a lot longer. So it's all a win, right?:thumbsup2

Ha! Ha! That's how we roll, too! :santa:

Darn straight!

Loved all the parade pics! The school has a really big band and other groups. :thumbsup2 Nice to see. It is a big deal out here, too. In our town in Oregon, there wasn't much participation with that, but again the budget was pretty much gone, so.... :sad2:

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

It's so sad and hard when the arts get cut. We are lucky I know.

Although I didn't feel quite so lucky today as I paid for Evan's next parade trip. Thankfully it's closer and cheaper than the Disney trip (Victoria BC) but still, not cheap by any stretch of the imagination (or at least not in my book!).

Happy New Year Cynthia!

I'm sure it must be a crazy feeling to put in all that planning and preparation for what feels like a 2-minute experience. But at least you got to see him play and march in Disneyland, got the pictures, and his experience as he walked lasted a lot longer. So it's all a win, right?:thumbsup2

Oh they were backstage for a good hour before, maybe more, and then again after.

Which is a whole story for another day

:rotfl:

He had a few traumatic experiences back there.

The kids enjoyed the parade and as a parent, definitely a highlight. But the kids? The recording session won hands down.

Well that and bumming around the parks for several days with your band buds.

:thumbsup2

First off, for those of you who aren't following my running ramblings, I have some exciting news.

Come April, I will be doing this

And this

I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which means I really should get busy here since this is from LAST April!
I love a parade. Especially when my kid is in it! And, while I generally don’t stop, or stake out spots for any, there are a few parades out there that really are worth it.

The Disneyland parade is one.

My mom may have gotten a LITTLE carried away with the pictures.

Frankly though, it's hard not to!

Continued in next post

Continued from previous

Just like the safari, can’t catch him with eyes open!

I loved the Chimney Sweeps

Despite being a band parent and having been in a number of parades myself, as I said, it's just not something we typically make time for.

This, this is something special. If you ever get to DL and can see this parade it is just magical. I could not believe how much was packed into it, it was an absolute feast for the senses on every level and full of music and joy.
I am grateful that I was actually able to get these photos from my mom. Usually when we travel together, she takes a million pics and then I never get to see them. Just looking at them now brings a huge grin to my face.

That is a fantastic parade. You can never have too many pictures!

It won't be long until Aulani!

Jill in CO

Yes everyone loves a parade!!!! Your mom got some great shots.

YAY for getting Hawaii settled. :cool1:

I had a spot near the end by IASW. I got to watch them disappear backstage.

DL parade are all about he history- a little different theme than WDW. :goodvibes

Love the Soundsational parade! Your mom got some great pictures! I love the one of Tiana looking right at the camera.

What an awesome opportunity for your son. I was in band from elementary school through college and we went to Disneyland a few times and I always had a blast! That's where my love of Disney started, actually!

Your Mom got a lot of great pictures! I remember watching that parade when it first launched. It is a great parade!

Great parade pictures. And what a great parade.

Glad your mom took so many pictures so we can enjoy them. :teeth:

Hooray for Aulani! I know I said that before, but it bears saying again.

Your mom had a field day with the parade pics! I'm glad you got so much enjoyment out of it. :goodvibes

Despite being a band parent and having been in a number of parades myself, as I said, it's just not something we typically make time for.

This, this is something special. If you ever get to DL and can see this parade it is just magical.
Cool! Is this their version of the 3:00 pm parade?

I am grateful that I was actually able to get these photos from my mom. Usually when we travel together, she takes a million pics and then I never get to see them. Just looking at them now brings a huge grin to my face.
:rotfl2: She sure did take plenty of pictures! I know exactly what you mean. I know MiL had to have taken hundreds of pictures, many of which I could probably use for my TR, but I've not seen any of them.

WAIT! You're going to Aulani?! You'd only have to pay a little extra in baggage charges, you know, if you snuck me in. ;)

Ok, that was quite the menagerie of photos; I'm pretty sure the entire card was full after that hoedown.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter