Here now...with the in-laws!

TinkandGoofy'sMom

DIS Veteran
I am hoping to give some brief updates as our trip goes along.

Cast: Hubby, me, and our two daughters (Tink and Goofy) are DVC members and have a few trips to WDW under our belts. Along with us this time are my husbands parents, his brother and sister-in law, and their son (age 7) and daughter (age 4). They are all pretty much Disney virgins, so I feel a bit of pressure to make sure everything goes smoothly and everyone has a good time. This trip is special because it is my MIL's 60th birthday on Thursday, and the trip is a gift for all of us from her (I know, crazy MIL, it should be the other way around)!

We are staying in 3 studios in Jambo House. My MIL rented the points through David's. We usually stay at Kidani, so Jambo is a nice change for us. We're on the 5th floor, down the Zebra Trail. Even though the rooms aren't classified as Savannah view, we do have one. We had a picnic on the balcony for dinner tonight and enjoyed watching the giraffes, an ostrich, and a wildebeast.

Yesterday we woke up at 2:30am in order to be at Pearson Airport for 3:15am because our flight was at 6:00am. Well, I don't think anyone really slept the night before (we stayed at the Sheraton attached to the airport for convenience). It took forever to get through customs etc. We always fly out of Buffalo and it seems so much faster! Anyhow, the flight was fine, got a bit of sleep at least. We arrived at Jambo House at about 10:30am.

We spent some time having breakfast/lunch at Mara and looking aroung before our rooms were ready (which was by about 12:30). The kids were all anxious to go swimming, so we all headed over to Kidani because the Jambo pool was closed (not just the slide). Everyone enjoyed relaxing for awhile, spent a bit of time in the room getting organized.

We headed out to Epcot at 4:00 because we had a dinner reservation at Via Napoli. We had to exchange our PAP vouchers when we got there, which went smoothly (you do it right at the regular ticket window). We SLOWLY made our way over to Via Napoli for a terrific dinner. We made our way SLOWLY out and were back at the resort at 8:00pm. Needless to say we were all exhausted, and now that I think about it I can't believe nobody had a meltdown! Straight to bed when we got back.

Day 2
We were up at 6:30 this morning in order to meet at the bus stop at 7:30, to make it over to Animal Kingdom and our breakfast reservation at 8:00am at Tusker House. We've been to this buffet a few times before, and always enjoy it. I also like to schedule it for before park opening so we are done and ready to ride the safari right at opening. Everything worked out exactly as planned and we were on the first safari bus! Everyone enjoyed their meal and the kids got their pictures taken with the characters. My niece is a little nervous about the characters, but my girls are helping her through it and she got her picture taken. The safari was terrific, saw lots of animals very close up, and enjoyed the new zebra area. After that we made our way over to Everest. The wait time said 25 min, but I think it was more like 10. My older daughter waited with my niece and the rest of us rode the ride. My nephew was scared, but he didn't cry! After that we did Triceratop Spin, Dinosaur, got a FP for Primeveil Whirl, went to see the Finding Nemo show, back to Dinoland, kids played some games. At this point we decided to split up for a bit. Mil and FIL came with us and we went to Pangani Forest Trail. Great views of the gorillas, which is one of my favourite experiences. back to Primeveil Whirl to use FP, and then the girls were ready for a swim.
Spent some time at the pool, had an early dinner on the balcony. Now the girls and my nephew are playing at the arcade and we are relaxing! Trying to see what we will do tonight. Might leave the girls here (if they don't want to come) and go to MK or back to AK for EMH for a bit.

We all ended up going to MK to watch the fireworks and MSEP. A great decision because everyone loved it. I'm sure I saw my FIL wiping away a few tears! After that we rode the Peoplemover while waiting for the crowds to thin out a bit, then headed for the buses. It was even by the time we got to bed. After two days of early morning s and late nights we slept in this morning. Not sure yet what the day will bring, but we are having dinner at Teppan Edo tonight (just hubby, Tink, Goofy and myself). We'll explore WS tonight and stay for Illuminations.

I'm in too. I'm also a MIL who will turn 60 in May and has a trip planned for our two DDs and their families. One of them may not come even tho we will pay. I realize there r other considerations. But I'm throwing my own Bday party!

More please.

Hubby, daughters and I had an excellent dinner at Teppan Edo last night. It is one of our absolute favourites, terrific food every time. After dinner we strolled the World Showcase. It was a lovely evening, and not crowded. We watched Illuminations and then went back to the resort to bed.

This morning MIL, FIL, Hubby, Tink, Goofy and I met at the bus at 7:30 to head for EMH at Epcot. BIL, SIL, niece and nephew were meeting us for lunch. We arrived in plenty of time (so far everyone has been consistently on time :)). We headed straight to Soarin', and just got in line because the wait was only 10 min. Goofy didn't want to wait because she said it would be longer and can't we just get a fastpass. We said too bad, we're going now. Well, she got out her iPod and timed the wait (hoping she'd be right of course). The wait turned out to be 10 minutes and a few seconds, so technically she was right I guess! We teased her the rest of the day about that. After Soarin' we had some breakfast at Sunshine Seasons, rode Living With the Land, and headed over to test Track for Fastpasses. The timing didn't quite work out with our lunch reservation, so we decided to ride Mission Space first. BIL and family had caught up at this point and my niece wasn't big enough to ride, so Tink took her to the play place while the rest of us rode. Then we all did the Ellen ride, split up again, rode Nemo and met for lunch at Coral Reef. We split up again after lunch. My family used out Test Track FP, explored the Seas Pavilion, rode Spaceship Earth and then headed back for some rest. Tink is watching cartoons and Hubby and Goofy went to the arcade. I am drinking some coffee to try to regain some energy. We have to go to DTD to pick up the t-shirt Goofy made yesterday and will likely eat dinner at Wolfgang Puck Express. Tonight might be an early night.

I'm in too. I'm also a MIL who will turn 60 in May and has a trip planned for our two DDs and their families. One of them may not come even tho we will pay. I realize there r other considerations. But I'm throwing my own Bday party!

More please.

Thanks for following along! I'd be glad to fill in for DD if you need a replacement;)

Last night Hubby, Tink, Goofy and I went to Wolfgang Puck Express for dinner and wandered around for a bit. My MIL and FIL went to see La Nouba (we got them the tickets for Christmas. Not sure what BIL and his family did because we've barely seen them!

This morning we made it to MK at about 9:15 and went to Fantasyland. We rode Dumbo, Barnstormer, and Little Mermaid. We stopped at Gaston's to get a LeFou's Brew, which none of us liked. At this point Tink was getting whiny because she was hungry (since she didn't eat breakfast). We got her some popcorn and headed over to BTM, which was a 20 min wait. After riding it was time to make our way out, and onto the monorail over to Epcot for lunch at Le Cellier. It is now signature status at lunch as well as dinner, and the kids choices are a la carte, rather than including the appetizer and dessert. It was a delicious meal, and we've always enjoyed the food here, but I'm thankful for having the TIW card for the 20% discount. $43 for a steak at lunch is pretty expensive, especially when I can only eat half! I brought the other half back to the room and hubby can eat it for dinner (I have spaghetti and meatballs leftover from last night).

We are now back at the resort, going to see KingPin in the gift shop in a few minutes and then head back to MK.

I'm here now too! :) Loving your live reports.

I do have a question - we've never done non DDP - this trip will be our 1st (getting TIW card also). At places like Le Cellier, do they frown if you share? DH and I are starting this diet and splitting a steak is along the lines of what we'll be doing.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Also - our kids are about the same age. We have DD11 (12 in April) and DS11 (12 in Sep) - blended family - this age is nuts, but so much fun. our DD7 is the baby and still trying to find her groove amongst it all.

Subbing..:flower3:

I'm here now too! :) Loving your live reports.

I do have a question - we've never done non DDP - this trip will be our 1st (getting TIW card also). At places like Le Cellier, do they frown if you share? DH and I are starting this diet and splitting a steak is along the lines of what we'll be doing.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Also - our kids are about the same age. We have DD11 (12 in April) and DS11 (12 in Sep) - blended family - this age is nuts, but so much fun. our DD7 is the baby and still trying to find her groove amongst it all.

Subbing..:flower3:

Thanks for reading along! I share a lot of my meals with my younger daughter. Even at the signature restaurants, I've never heard of anyone being frowned upon for sharingI hate feeling too full, and I hate wasting food, so sharing would be the perfect solution. we switched from doing the dining plans to TIW a couple of trips ago, and really prefer the TIW.

Wednesday night we went back to MK after seeing Kingpin in the gift shop to trade some pins. We stopped first thing so the girls could get a dole whip, then rode Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, Small World, ate at Pinocchio's, saw Mickey's Philharmagic, rode Carousel of Progress, and Buzz Lightyear. We went back to the resort at 8.

Yesterday the whole family met at the bus stop to spend the day together for MIL's birthday at Hllywood Studios. It was a terrific day and we got everything accomplished except American Idol and the Great Movie Ride. We had dinner at 50's Prime Time. After dinner Hubby, BIL and I used our FP for Rockin' Roller Coaster while the rest of the family went to Fantasmic! we all met up back at the hotel and surprised MIL with a delicious and beautiful cake that I ordered.

One of my favourite parts of HS is the drawing class, and this time Goofy got the keep the artist's drawing.

We had a slow start to the day today. No need to rush, our only plans were to meet the rest of the family for a picture in front of the castle together. I pre-ordered the Photopass CD before we came, and it will be interesting to see whether its worth it or not? We made it to MK at about 10:30, slowly walked down Main Street taking pictures, shopping and trading pins. We got FP for Space Mtn, rode the Peoplemover, met up with the family, had some Dole whips, rode Space Mtn, kids did Buzz, saw Monsters Inc., shopped Main St. again, sat on a bench eating popcorn and enjoying the sunshine, then rode the train round trip before leaving. We got some souvenirs to take back for friends in the gift shop, then had to pack our suitcases. we stood on the balcony for awhile watching the giraffes and enjoying the peace before heading down to Boma for dinner. It was delicious!! I just know there will be many cold, miserable days when I get back to "The Great White North" that I would die for a bowl of curry cauliflower soup! Hubby and the girls are down in the hot tub, and we will be hitting the sheets early tonight becase we have to be on the Magical Express bus at 6am, Yuck!

So to sum things up, this trip turned out better than I had anticipated. I think its because we really didn't spend too much time together!! We had some park time together, some meals together, some pool time, and some pictures. Everything worked out well for each family, and I think all the others really enjoyed themselves too.

Pretty much every Cast Member we encountered was friendly and accomodating. All of our meals and snacks were delicious. The buses were pretty reliable, not too many waits more than 10 minutes. The weather was amazing!!

I really have no complaints, however I am so glad we recently bought more points so we can always stay in a 1 bedroom now. I really missed having the extra washroom and the washer/dryer, plus some privacy from the kids.

Our stay at Jambo was terrific, but I think I prefer Kidani. My kids like the Kidani pool better, and I like being on the bus first. I wouldn't hesitate to stay at Jambo again though (especially if I could snag Club Level).

I will post a short dining review in the dining section soon too if you are interested. Thanks for reading along, and I hope all of you have magical vacations as well!

Thanks for taking the time to share your trip with us. Glad you all had a great time and hope you have a safe trip home.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter