Hey All writing from the Poly :) arrival day was yesterday. We checked in around 11, our room was ready but we politely asked if they could move our room as we wanted to be away from construction. CM was lovely and was able to move our room to a more desirable location.

We had a quick lunch at Captain Cooks and set off for Epcot. We had a very productive day at Epcot despite it being a short day (1pm-7:30)

We logged on to the app from our plane at 7am, secured a boarding group (53) for GOTH. I had to wait until about 8:30am for a 3-4pm return to frozen. We booked the rest of our attractions using the “drops” which seemed to consistently occur at the :47 past the hour. Drops have more of an immediate return time which is great because then you can book another LL.

In our short day we rode Test Track, Remy, Frozen, GOTG and Living of the Land. Had some cookies from the cookie stroll, met some characters, watched some performances (Mariachi Cobre (sp?)was the best!) Had a sit down dinner at Via Napoli and watched the show on spaceship earth.

Heading to MK today. We are not rope dropping and plan to arrive to park around 8:30/9.
did you buy genie plus for the epcot day?

This week’s trip has been fantastic. It seems like a fabulous time to go. We arrived on Tuesday and are leaving tomorrow. Wednesday, Thursday and today have been spent in the parks.

Wednesday - We did Epcot all day and fit in everything we wanted to do without purchasing Genie+. Since we were staying at Pop Century, we took the Skyliner over very early for rope drop, planning to go to Remy from the International Gateway. We were actually on the Skyliner when the VQ for GOTG opened and got boarding group 66 with an estimated return time of 3:30.

We got held up at the gate by ticket problems but the rope drop process at Epcot was so smoothly done that we still walked onto Remy a little while later. After that we rode Frozen, Test Track and Soaring. Our GOTG group was called at 12:30. The rest of the day was wandering the park going on the low wait rides and having snacks in the world showcase. We weren’t very organized so walked about 10 miles that day.

Thursday - MK had a party and that seemed to keep down crowds in the morning. We bought Genie+ for the day but I’m not sure it was actually needed. We arrived a little past rope drop and did everything we wanted by 1pm. We rode Peter Pan’s Flight, Small World, Haunted Mansion, Jingle Cruise, Pirates, BTMR x2, Space Mountain and People Mover, using G+ for some but standby for others. Most were walk ons. Weirdly, People Mover was one of our longer waits.

Today we’re at Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios, then Epcot for a Rose and Crown dinner. We were way too exhausted to rope drop again so I bought ILLs for FOP at AK and Rise later at HS. Waiting in line for the Safari as of this posting.

Hey All writing from the Poly :) arrival day was yesterday. We checked in around 11, our room was ready but we politely asked if they could move our room as we wanted to be away from construction. CM was lovely and was able to move our room to a more desirable location.

We had a quick lunch at Captain Cooks and set off for Epcot. We had a very productive day at Epcot despite it being a short day (1pm-7:30)

We logged on to the app from our plane at 7am, secured a boarding group (53) for GOTH. I had to wait until about 8:30am for a 3-4pm return to frozen. We booked the rest of our attractions using the “drops” which seemed to consistently occur at the :47 past the hour. Drops have more of an immediate return time which is great because then you can book another LL.

In our short day we rode Test Track, Remy, Frozen, GOTG and Living of the Land. Had some cookies from the cookie stroll, met some characters, watched some performances (Mariachi Cobre (sp?)was the best!) Had a sit down dinner at Via Napoli and watched the show on spaceship earth.

Heading to MK today. We are not rope dropping and plan to arrive to park around 8:30/9.
You were able to get TT and Remy in the drops? I have a similar timeframe at Epcot on my arrival day so just curious if you used G+ or they had low enough wait times once you were in the park?

does anyone know what time the busses from All star movies to MK and HS start running?
im planning to RD both parks and wondering whether i should take the bus or drive myself (have a car).

does anyone know what time the busses from All star movies to MK and HS start running?
im planning to RD both parks and wondering whether i should take the bus or drive myself (have a car).

Please see Post 1 of the, 'Everything Early Theme Park Entry (ETPE)' thread. It has all these details and much more information too.

Quick answers: Many find buses to be more efficient and gain access first. To be towards the front of the crowd, arrive at your resort transportation 90 mins prior to ETPE begins.

You can add genie plus before your trip?
Mine was already added to my hotel and ticket package before they made it where you have to purchase it daily. So my 8 day theme park ticket says with Genie Plus on each of my family members tickets. They no longer offer it now. I am glad I had purchased it before it was changed to having to purchase it daily. We arrive tomorrow. 🎄🎄🎄✈️✈️✈️✈️

Mine was already added to my hotel and ticket package before they made it where you have to purchase it daily. So my 8 day theme park ticket says with Genie Plus on each of my family members tickets. They no longer offer it now. I am glad I had purchased it before it was changed to having to purchase it daily. We arrive tomorrow. 🎄🎄🎄✈️✈️✈️✈️
Oh okay yeah I remember them letting people add it ahead of time. You may have saved more money too because prices have gone up!

This week’s trip has been fantastic. It seems like a fabulous time to go. We arrived on Tuesday and are leaving tomorrow. Wednesday, Thursday and today have been spent in the parks.

Wednesday - We did Epcot all day and fit in everything we wanted to do without purchasing Genie+. Since we were staying at Pop Century, we took the Skyliner over very early for rope drop, planning to go to Remy from the International Gateway. We were actually on the Skyliner when the VQ for GOTG opened and got boarding group 66 with an estimated return time of 3:30.

We got held up at the gate by ticket problems but the rope drop process at Epcot was so smoothly done that we still walked onto Remy a little while later. After that we rode Frozen, Test Track and Soaring. Our GOTG group was called at 12:30. The rest of the day was wandering the park going on the low wait rides and having snacks in the world showcase. We weren’t very organized so walked about 10 miles that day.

Thursday - MK had a party and that seemed to keep down crowds in the morning. We bought Genie+ for the day but I’m not sure it was actually needed. We arrived a little past rope drop and did everything we wanted by 1pm. We rode Peter Pan’s Flight, Small World, Haunted Mansion, Jingle Cruise, Pirates, BTMR x2, Space Mountain and People Mover, using G+ for some but standby for others. Most were walk ons. Weirdly, People Mover was one of our longer waits.

Today we’re at Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios, then Epcot for a Rose and Crown dinner. We were way too exhausted to rope drop again so I bought ILLs for FOP at AK and Rise later at HS. Waiting in line for the Safari as of this posting.
How long was your wait for Frozen after Remy? I'm debating if we should go to Remy 1st or make our way over to Frozen 1st at RD. We have 2 little girls that really want to ride Frozen but I'm thinking it makes more sense to do Remy first. What was your experience like?

How long was your wait for Frozen after Remy? I'm debating if we should go to Remy 1st or make our way over to Frozen 1st at RD. We have 2 little girls that really want to ride Frozen but I'm thinking it makes more sense to do Remy first. What was your experience like?
If you are at the front of rope drop for early entry and at International gateway, you should be able to get both done during the 30 minutes. Rope drop at International gateway is super organized and they walk you to Remy and then you can move on to Frozen. Only hiccup is if one of the rides goes down. If you are entering via the main entrance then go to Frozen first.

MK was great today! Crowds weren’t too bad and we managed to get in a ton of rides. Did all three mountains twice and Peter Pan.

I think Jungle Cruise was one of the only rides we missed today. Great day for sure!

If you are at the front of rope drop for early entry and at International gateway, you should be able to get both done during the 30 minutes. Rope drop at International gateway is super organized and they walk you to Remy and then you can move on to Frozen. Only hiccup is if one of the rides goes down. If you are entering via the main entrance then go to Frozen first.
Thank you! We are at AOA so will be coming into the International Gateway entrance. We will follow your advice!

You were able to get TT and Remy in the drops? I have a similar timeframe at Epcot on my arrival day so just curious if you used G+ or they had low enough wait times once you were in the park?
Yes! Booked Frozen at 8:30 for 3-4pm return time.
Test Track booked at 12:47 drop
Remy 1:47 drop

MK was great today! Crowds weren’t too bad and we managed to get in a ton of rides. Did all three mountains twice and Peter Pan.

I think Jungle Cruise was one of the only rides we missed today. Great day for sure!
We were at MK today and also had a wonderful and very productive day.

Good Morning again from the Poly!

Yesterday was our MK day. We decided it wasn’t necessary to rope drop and instead arrived around 8:30. My strategy for the day was to ride consecutive genie+ vs stacking as it was a short park day (closing at 6 due to party). I wanted to do a morning of low waits without genie+ then use genie+ in afternoon to re-ride some of our favorites without a wait. We rode Buzz, Pirates, BTMRR, and Splash as basically walk ons. Used genie+ starting with HM and then rode consecutive genie + (booking one after another for soonish return times) for the rest of the day including, Peter Pan, Small World, Dumbo, Carousel of Progress (non genie), People Mover (non genie), Buzz again, BTMRR again, Splash again, & magic carpets. We did purchase ILL for SDMT. We also had a sit down meal at Skipper Canteen.

We had a full day, but did not visit any characters, or stop for any parades or shows. I also did not shop at all.

Leaving the park a little after 6 was a mess. Worse than I feel like it is after the normal rush leaving fireworks. Not sure what is up with the monorail but I do not think it’s running at the frequency it should be. We actually left the resort monorail line and took the boat back instead.

Heading back to Epcot today. Just grabbed my genie+ for test track. I’m a little weary of the crowd there, as I found Epcot more uncomfortably crowded on Thursday. If it feels too much we make take a mid day break back at hotel.

We got to DHS for early morning entry yesterday and headed over to Rise. The ride was down and they weren't letting anyone into the standby line. We got into a casual, non-official line that was forming and decided to wait until at least regular park opening to see the ride would open soon. Lots of people got out of line, especially after a CM said that it can take three hours for the ride to reboot. A few minutes after she said that, they opened the standby line. We had been in a short line that was now heading for the standby entrance. It was a total walk on for us. Early hours started at 8am. They opened the Rise line around 8:10 and we were off the ride around 8:36. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter