Got back Saturday from a split stay UOR (never again-be on the lookout for that post-hotel related not parks) and WDW and it was amazing! It did rain every day late afternoon about 45 minutes. Sometimes it would linger and other times no. Longest wait at UOR was actually at HHN-50 minutes for Beetlejuice (posted 70) and longest wait at Disney was 35 minutes for FoP (posted 60). Excellent meals across both resorts and all around good times minus what was mentioned above earlier. Stay safe and hydrated!

How was it? What ages would you recommend? Is it jerky?
We did the Remy AP preview yesterday. The ride is very cute and I think young children would love it. We saw young ones during our ride. The ride is a little jerky, but no more so than Mickey and Minnie RR, or Alien Saucers, or Rise of the Resistance.

I think that today is the last day for the annual passholders previews. Cast members had their previews before the AP previews began.

We were at DHS today and had early entry. We were through RotR by 9:03. We thought that DHS wasn't as crowded as it had been during the summer.

How was it? What ages would you recommend? Is it jerky?
Really fun. It's not too jerky at all. There is one part where you spin which was a little disorienting.

Most ages should enjoy it. My 3 yr old loved it and had us ride it 3 times in a row.

Tons of filming going on around EP today. Media preview day? They’re getting special access to Rat as well it looks like but no one un credentialed is being let in.

No fountains running yet. Just screens advertising Disney’s 50th.

Crowds are REALLY light. Frozen is still only a 15 min wait. I rope dropped with EE today for Frozen and it was about 10 mins. At 10:55 it was 15 so I rode again. At 12:25 now it’s still reading 15 so basically I should have slept in 😂 (Darn ride had been 45-60 mins anytime I looked on Thurs or Sun 🙄)

We were there this week, Mon/Tues.

Got to Coronado Springs around 330, our first time there. Had found a passholder deal on a room awhile ago. Went in to the tower, and were very impressed with it. Were looking around and a guy, apparently a mgr, came up to us and was chatting. I asked if we would be able to see the MK fireworks from our room (401). He said no, not on that side. The said he could check for a different room for us, and after kinda saying no, thats ok, we said ok sure. Awhile later he came back and had upgraded us to a 1 bedroom suite!! We were shocked, to say the least. The room(s) were wonderful, living room, bedroom, bath and a 1/2. Fancy. We were able to see MK fw great, at 815. Afterwards we went up to the top floor lounge and watched the Epcot fireworks, and also the ones they have with the show at HS. So managed to see all 3 parks from the hotel!! Wonderful experience.

Tues my DH left early for golf. I ate at Rix at the hotel, which was fine. The hotel seemed pretty empty. I then took a bus to Epcot. We had Remy preview at 1-2. Got there about 10 and stood about 15 back in resort early entry line. About 1005 they started scanning us in, yay!! But then walked us (I went left towards Space 220) and then held us back by the walls til the 1/2 hour, 1030 exactly. There were pretty many in the area by then. Fast walked it over to the restaurant to beg for a ressie. Was in the line, about 12 back, actually it was the wait for lounge line. About 1045 1050 lady came out and I flagged her down and started my beg. She said she'd check, and a bit later brought me around to the podium and found me a 1230!!!

Texted my DH to hurry it up and he ran from the car to Space, we were there right at 1230, figuring to eat fast to get to our Remy. Suffice to say, so thrilled to get the ressie, enjoyed the experience and food (salmon and steak), the elevaotr was the best part... rushed the lunch but then hyper walked all the way to France, got there 130.

The Remy line said 30 minutes, it was a wound around outside at first, moved along fairly fast tho, so probably all told 20-25 minutes. Loved the ride, much more than MMRR, not really jerky. Each color car does a slightly different route. Got out of that and then wait was 15 minutes, no one outside at all. Just walked right back on. Did that twice more! Got lucky there.

Walked over and got a griddled cheese in Greece, the only thing I really wanted to try and FW, it was super delicious, could have had 5 more. Then walked to France and got ice cream, and by then we were done. Slow walked it to car.

Overall one of our best trips yet, lots of surprises and pixie dust. Monday night dinner El Mulino, could take it or leave it, probably won't return.
Sorry for the long post.

I keep thinking I should post something in this thread (Here Now/Recently) but a lot of it was covered. I traveled between 9/22-9/25 (ironically, that was my original plan - but then I added on the night before and then my flight was cancelled … it was a mess). I'll break it into two parts.

9/22 - checked into AKL and DME went smoothly even with the numerous changes I had. Originally I pre-purchased a MB and it was sent to ASMu as I had added the night before there (DVC rental at AKL). I called the night before, when my flight was cancelled, to let ASMu know I wasn’t coming and they could have it ready to turn-over and/or re-rent (mine was non-refundable) and to see if they could get someone to take the MB over to AKL. That took a while. I tried Mobile Magic before receiving it - life was a lot easier for me with the MB (my phone case seemed to be a problem when I went to EP).

Went to EP for the day (arrived near noon given early morning flight, DME, and then bus to EP); immediately walked to S220 to see about a reservation/lounge - they were running out of reservations but I scored a lounge visit, which was my preference. Had the chicken on waffle. It was good; but as I’ve said in S220 threads - I wanted to really like the place and it felt very boring after a couple of minutes.

Test Track was down from the time I arrived (and seemingly since open) until maybe 4 or 5? So that made things like FEA have a little bit more of a wait. Soarin was basically a walk-on and it was great (haven’t been since they changed it from CA, which I honestly preferred). Enjoyed the Hawaii booth for F&W. I needed a mid-day break (body gave out) and I waited for more than an hour (63 min - I had taken a pic of the monorail as I left the park and my bus stop was super close) before getting a bus. It was beyond frustrating (especially because then people would walk up way after me and not get in line and got on first - and mostly the heat and my body made me irritable. After that, I decided if I felt like it was a hurry, I’d Uber. After park close, etc when it felt like buses would be more reliable, I’d do that.

Made it back around 5 or 6? TT was finally up in the evening - I also enjoyed SR there (standby was over an hour at that point). Picked up a Mobile Order at Regal Eagle just as it started to pour down (and I had left my poncho in the room). It was perfect timing - and I finished eating and it stopped raining. Got a final ride on Soarin, some extra shopping, and got to a good place to see Epcot Forever - it was a full day and got everything I wanted (and avoid the departing crowds by checking out Creations).

9/23 - got a very late start (wanted to RD DHS, especially since it was the first day of not doing BG for ROTR and I worried that without RD, I wouldn’t get to go). But, I have some accessibility stuff and hadn’t taken care of myself Wed. Had a late breakfast (11:30, I think?) at Ohana and it was fantastic! Wow, wow, wow. I went to Aulani just as Covid was beginning to spread and this was a great connection back to a place I love.

Got to DHS around 1, I think. They were out of ECV and put me on a waitlist; in the meantime, I pushed myself in a manual chair (that, plus the heat and not being used to the chair created some major hand blisters. I really wish they sold gloves and I looked in just about every shop to try to find something that would help. Otherwise that went fine, except I did poorly at going up hills). ROTR was posted as a long wait - I got on within 30-40. MMRR was great although I missed a bit because I was still trying to recover from hills and the heat. ToT has lost its luster for me (it’s fine but not that exciting anymore). Single Rider line at RnRC was great (I know sometimes it doesn’t go much faster).

Really enjoyed SDD (first time doing it) and I also did it again at night (and that was amazing). SW:GE was fine (I'm not a huge SW person - all of the references beyond Chewbacca and Darth Vader are lost on me) - cool and clearly well done but just fine, for a non-fan. I really enjoyed the WWoA show (but wow do I miss Fantasmic!).

I keep thinking I should post something in this thread (Here Now/Recently) but a lot of it was covered. I traveled between 9/22-9/25 (ironically, that was my original plan - but then I added on the night before and then my flight was cancelled … it was a mess). I'll break it into two parts.

9/22 - checked into AKL and DME went smoothly even with the numerous changes I had. Originally I pre-purchased a MB and it was sent to ASMu as I had added the night before there (DVC rental at AKL). I called the night before, when my flight was cancelled, to let ASMu know I wasn’t coming and they could have it ready to turn-over and/or re-rent (mine was non-refundable) and to see if they could get someone to take the MB over to AKL. That took a while. I tried Mobile Magic before receiving it - life was a lot easier for me with the MB (my phone case seemed to be a problem when I went to EP).

Went to EP for the day (arrived near noon given early morning flight, DME, and then bus to EP); immediately walked to S220 to see about a reservation/lounge - they were running out of reservations but I scored a lounge visit, which was my preference. Had the chicken on waffle. It was good; but as I’ve said in S220 threads - I wanted to really like the place and it felt very boring after a couple of minutes.

Test Track was down from the time I arrived (and seemingly since open) until maybe 4 or 5? So that made things like FEA have a little bit more of a wait. Soarin was basically a walk-on and it was great (haven’t been since they changed it from CA, which I honestly preferred). Enjoyed the Hawaii booth for F&W. I needed a mid-day break (body gave out) and I waited for more than an hour (63 min - I had taken a pic of the monorail as I left the park and my bus stop was super close) before getting a bus. It was beyond frustrating (especially because then people would walk up way after me and not get in line and got on first - and mostly the heat and my body made me irritable. After that, I decided if I felt like it was a hurry, I’d Uber. After park close, etc when it felt like buses would be more reliable, I’d do that.

Made it back around 5 or 6? TT was finally up in the evening - I also enjoyed SR there (standby was over an hour at that point). Picked up a Mobile Order at Regal Eagle just as it started to pour down (and I had left my poncho in the room). It was perfect timing - and I finished eating and it stopped raining. Got a final ride on Soarin, some extra shopping, and got to a good place to see Epcot Forever - it was a full day and got everything I wanted (and avoid the departing crowds by checking out Creations).

9/23 - got a very late start (wanted to RD DHS, especially since it was the first day of not doing BG for ROTR and I worried that without RD, I wouldn’t get to go). But, I have some accessibility stuff and hadn’t taken care of myself Wed. Had a late breakfast (11:30, I think?) at Ohana and it was fantastic! Wow, wow, wow. I went to Aulani just as Covid was beginning to spread and this was a great connection back to a place I love.

Got to DHS around 1, I think. They were out of ECV and put me on a waitlist; in the meantime, I pushed myself in a manual chair (that, plus the heat and not being used to the chair created some major hand blisters. I really wish they sold gloves and I looked in just about every shop to try to find something that would help. Otherwise that went fine, except I did poorly at going up hills). ROTR was posted as a long wait - I got on within 30-40. MMRR was great although I missed a bit because I was still trying to recover from hills and the heat. ToT has lost its luster for me (it’s fine but not that exciting anymore). Single Rider line at RnRC was great (I know sometimes it doesn’t go much faster).

Really enjoyed SDD (first time doing it) and I also did it again at night (and that was amazing). SW:GE was fine (I'm not a huge SW person - all of the references beyond Chewbacca and Darth Vader are lost on me) - cool and clearly well done but just fine, for a non-fan. I really enjoyed the WWoA show (but wow do I miss Fantasmic!).

That's crummy that you had to use a wheelchair. That must have been rough. I wonder if you had gone to first aid that they might have been able to help you. Hope your next trip goes better!

Got back Saturday from a split stay UOR (never again-be on the lookout for that post-hotel related not parks) and WDW and it was amazing! It did rain every day late afternoon about 45 minutes. Sometimes it would linger and other times no. Longest wait at UOR was actually at HHN-50 minutes for Beetlejuice (posted 70) and longest wait at Disney was 35 minutes for FoP (posted 60). Excellent meals across both resorts and all around good times minus what was mentioned above earlier. Stay safe and hydrated!
We are also finishing 8 days with 3 at Universal (Royal Pacific). We too agree that there is no comparison. One is an amusement park, the other is a THEME park. Universal felt 2nd rate by any measure. 1 1/2 days would have been plenty.

Most interesting item was when we checked into our room at Royal Pacific, our safe was locked. No big deal. Had security come up to unlock it. When they did they turned and asked us to immediately leave the room. Turns out there was a LOADED GUN in the safe. First, who brings a gun to Universal. Second, WHO FORGETS TO TAKE IT HOME ????

We are also finishing 8 days with 3 at Universal (Royal Pacific). We too agree that there is no comparison. One is an amusement park, the other is a THEME park. Universal felt 2nd rate by any measure. 1 1/2 days would have been plenty.

Most interesting item was when we checked into our room at Royal Pacific, our safe was locked. No big deal. Had security come up to unlock it. When they did they turned and asked us to immediately leave the room. Turns out there was a LOADED GUN in the safe. First, who brings a gun to Universal. Second, WHO FORGETS TO TAKE IT HOME ????
So they have a procedure in place for “loaded gun in safe”. That’s equally comforting and disturbing.

That's crummy that you had to use a wheelchair. That must have been rough. I wonder if you had gone to first aid that they might have been able to help you. Hope your next trip goes better!
I had not thought about first aid, actually. I had some bandaids and the location (of the blisters) made it hard for them to stay on (I also tried moleskin, in case that would've helped but I couldn't get it to stay in place). I tried using a tshirt I had purchased as protection but that didn't quite work. It's okay - just one of those things folks might not think of unless/until they experience it. I did use Shipt to get a pair of gloves for the rest of the trip (but also was fortunate enough to get an ECV). The wheelchair wasn't completely a shock - I should've been using one for the past decade (I do at major conferences ... some times, at least). But, carrying internalized ablism, I kept thinking, "Oh, I can make this work," until I literally couldn't make my hip roll forward. I couldn't walk or even sit for about 5 minutes at EP and then I went to the room and took a break. Unfortunately, we often don't take the breaks until long past our body says we need a break. Anyway, I was very lucky to get the wheelchair at all and especially so to get an ECV the next day. I had committed to myself and a couple of friends that should I not get some mobility aid, I would just stay at the resort and not walk around more than I had to.

Had an AP preview reservation

how far in advance did you have to book your AP preview? I bought my AP the first day we were there, Thursday. On Monday, standing out front of Remy, I was hoping to hear them say something about an AP preview. But only heard them say something about reservations. I tried to do a quick search on google but couldn’t find anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter