At the 1pm BG drop, I got backup group 156. They are on 50-64 right now. What are the chances we get to ride today?
I think you have a good chance if rise of the resistance stays up and running. 64 boarding groups in four hours. To get through another 92 boarding groups that is another 5 hours and 45 minutes from 1 PM. Now granted, things would have to stay on the current pace and have the ride not go down

Dan

I hesitate to post this, but ultimately think it may be helpful. I don't want to break the rules of this forum by discussing it, so this is for informational purposes only as people plan their trips.

My husband and I both have Covid and undoubtedly caught it at Disney. We are both fully vaccinated. He started feeling bad on the night we got home. We thought it was colds at first but he lost his smell yesterday and got tested. I'm so thankful we went into isolation as a precaution as soon as we got home so no one else was exposed.

I'm heartbroken because we thought we were being careful. Stay healthy everyone.

I’m sorry that happened. We’re on our way home now with my grandson who is sick. Testing in the area wasn’t possible and as long as we can control his fever, we’re waiting until we can test at home where it’s much easier and he can be under his drs care. His temp hit a little over 103 last night so that was a little scary, but it’s down now thankfully.

We were absolutely as careful as we could be but with the crowd levels what they are and people fighting against masks, it’s a huge roll of the dice. The rest of us are vaccinated and so far, no symptoms. We’ll all be testing when we get home.

Last edited:
So sorry to hear about everyone that’s sick :(. I hope you all get better soon! We talked about it before we came down and decided we wanted to keep our trip, even with the risks. We’re fully vaccinated, young and healthy and plan to isolate after getting home. We‘re going to get proactively tested a couple days after we get home too so we know whether to Keep isolating or not.

At the 1pm BG drop, I got backup group 156. They are on 50-64 right now. What are the chances we get to ride today?

If it stays up and running you have a chance. Our first day in the park back in February, we got backup group 151. The ride stayed up all day and seemed to stay at a pretty consistent rate. We got on but just barely. 152 ended up being the last group of the day. We were tracking it all afternoon and thought we were in good shape not realizing they quit calling groups an hour before park close. Still we made it and I hope you do as well!

I’m sorry that happened. We’re on our way home now with my grandson who is sick. Testing in the area wasn’t possible and as long as we can control his fever, we’re waiting until we can test at hone where it’s much easier and he can be under his drs care. His temp hit a little over 103 last night so that was a little scary, but it’s down now thankfully.

We were absolutely as careful as we could be but with the crowd levels what they are and people fighting against masks, it’s a huge roll of the dice. The rest of us are vaccinated and so far, no symptoms. We’ll all be testing when we get home.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope he improves quickly and that your trip home is not too uncomfortable for him.

Today morning went pretty well. We walked from the Swan to Hollywood studios and got there at 8am for a 9am opening. They started letting people in around 8:10 I think. We went with the Galaxy’s edge group and we’re held until 8:30. The CMs then walked the group to Baatu and we were close enough to the front that we got to be in the indoor portion of the line at smugglers run. We got the gunner roles and loved the ride. We were off by 9am and by that point the line was super long and in the sun for most of it.

We saw that toy story midway mania had a short line so we walked over there and rode that with a 12 minute wait. Then the rest of the morning was all Star Wars for us. We got some blue and green milk through mobile order. I liked green the best and my husband liked blue. We also put in a mobile order for Docking Bay 7 for later.

we had boarding group 18 for rise of the resistance so we meandered over that way since they were already on group 12. We loved the ride, it was amazing! I had managed to avoid all spoilers and was just blown away.

next it was time for our 11am build a droid appointment. It was a little early so we watched some storm trooper antics while waiting. We really enjoyed building our droid but it was packed and chaotic in there. After that we went over to Docking Bay 7 to pick up our food. I was surprised at how little seating there was. We managed to find a table outside in the shade though.

after lunch we just enjoyed the atmosphere in Baatu and shopped. We also did some missions on the play Disney app with our data pad :). We had the stuff we bought shipped home since that was going to be easier than carrying it and well worth the $17.

it was packed by this point and we were tired. So we left the park around 1 and took the boat back to the hotel. It started raining while we were on the boat and I’m hearing thunder now from our room. So I think it was good timing for our afternoon break :) We’re heading back to DHS this evening for Star tours, muppets and hopefully Mickey and minnie’s railroad.

HS today. All the early mornings have caught up with us so we decided to sleep in and enjoy the Polynesian this morning.We will make it over to HS later.(our third and final HS day this trip), so this will be our experiment with the park when you don’t rope drop .

Got BG 64 for ROTR. Thankfully it says the return window is 360 minutes from now.
I just love mornings at Walt Disney World.
View attachment 593964
Space Mountain and the castle are WAY closer than they appear in this picture for some reason
-Dan

At the Poly what building are you in? I love your view! We asked for a lagoon view for next year. Thanks!

At the Poly what building are you in? I love your view! We asked for a lagoon view for next year. Thanks!
DVC Building- Moorea (sp?).

I’m not sure if the Hawaii building is DVC or not, but that looks like it would have similar views.

-Dan

Last edited:
Agreed, love that salad, and I also usually order the kid's portion. I find that if one of my sides is something a little more filling, like fries or the burnt end beans (which are delicious btw), it fills me right up.
As adults, they still Let you order off the kids menu? I thought you had to be under a certain age to oder the kids’ portion.

I guess the reports of fewer people on July 30, were a blip on the radar and not a new trend. Darn!

At this point I'm planning on coming home with Covid. I can't believe that I typed those words and that we're still not going to cancel.

I'm sorry it happened to you, but happy that you self quarantined out of caution! We are planning to do that as well.
You could see on the park pass availability calendar that crowds were going to pick up today, green all weekend and then yellow today in two categories. Tons of people left on saturday, lots of people came in yesterday, will slow down again after this weekend (hopefully for a while so the poor CMs can catch a break). At this point, even though I'm sure I came down with Covid at the end of my June trip (and I'm fully vaccinated, but didn't get tested because I was isolating and thought it was just a cold so who knows....and I had covid last year too), I won't be surprised if I get it again. At this point I'm just a snot show when I get it, and my husband already told me just to come home and go straight to the bedroom and he'll have an at home test for me waiting. From my friend that works at WDW, the number of people they hear from that believe they have gotten covid in the parks is not low so everyone just needs to take every precaution they can. This is why I'm skaing my head at the above poster who openly admitted to standing in line with their mask down, but to each their own, I'm mainly going for F&W and Boo Bash so might just skip out on everything else.

I’m sorry that happened. We’re on our way home now with my grandson who is sick. Testing in the area wasn’t possible and as long as we can control his fever, we’re waiting until we can test at hone where it’s much easier and he can be under his drs care. His temp hit a little over 103 last night so that was a little scary, but it’s down now thankfully.

Sorry to hear your grandson is sick. Are you flying or driving?

As adults, they still Let you order off the kids menu? I thought you had to be under a certain age to oder the kids’ portion.
No, they have no clue who you are ordering for, I got a meal off the kids menu (the salad with a side of watermelon and onion rings......those were for my husband since he just wanted a snack lol). It was only an issue on the dining plan at restaurants, but they don't know or care who you're ordering for, for all they know you have a kid sitting at a table nearby.

No, they have no clue who you are ordering for, I got a meal off the kids menu (the salad with a side of watermelon and onion rings......those were for my husband since he just wanted a snack lol). It was only an issue on the dining plan at restaurants, but they don't know or care who you're ordering for, for all they know you have a kid sitting at a table nearby.
Oh ~~ you must be doing mobile orders. Makes sense!

As long as it isn’t a fixed price meal, they really don’t care. As recently as the end of June, we have ordered kids meals at QS both in person and on mobile and there are no children in our group. My mom has also ordered kids meals at TS, most recently at Skipper Canteen in June.

Oh ~~ you must be doing mobile orders. Makes sense!

Totally doesn't matter if it's mobile order or not - we used to do it all the time in the before times. As long as we're talking about counter service, they really don't care. They have no idea who you're ordering for, and I don't think they'd care even if they are aware.

But they would have to employ an individual per boarding group that was “good at it like you.” When my 8 year old can write a program to emulate mouse clicks on a website so I was thinking that would be the way to go from a business perspective hahaha.

Lol, you're probably right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter