Ok stuck in traffic so quick update- last night we headed out to dinner at boathouse -delicious. Then back to MK. Rode Jungle cruise pirates small world and Splash missed fireworks on the line. Ugh.
But leaving we saw one of my favorite youtubers(Superenthused)

today was Epcot. Got there at 10 letting us in to park- got to gate let us into park around 10:20- score!!! Rode TT, Soarin, Frozen, seas, living with the land, the Ball, mission space. Drank at la cava! Finally heavy handed bartenders made the $16 blood orange margarita go down beautifully! Highly recommend. Ate at Via yummy. Then the rain ruined plans to last until fireworks. So we grabbed dinner and are heading to the rental.
Food and Wine hits- dumplings and beef buns from China. Ravioli from Italy- we are going another day to do more damage.

Thanks, I'm not sure I'm going to take that as what actually happens though. There is too much a cast member said or a cast member told me. I trust the people on this forum more than the proverbial cast member
Sorry. I thought that was an official source.

But why make other Guests look at this out of frustration with Disney?

A call(s) to Housekeeping "should" result in someone picking it up.

If no response from Housekeeping there are Trash cans at All-Star Movies this trash could have been taken to,either in the building sections themselves or in World Premiere Food Court.

No matter how poor a job Disney may be currently doing,to leave trash like this for other Guests to have to see speaks more of laziness by the Guest than frustration with Disney.

Not cool at all IMHO.
This is how it was at POP pre covid, when they were giving guests $10 a night to opt out of housekeeping. People too lazy to bring their garbage to the cans and switch out their towels with housekeeping or at the pool. I didn't opt out. On our next trip we will be with our son in a dvc villa and only have housekeeping every 4 days (?) or maybe it's just towel service. Anyway, I am already planning on finding out where the garbage cans are so I can clean up a little daily. No way would I leave it outside the room!

This is how it was at POP pre covid, when they were giving guests $10 a night to opt out of housekeeping. People too lazy to bring their garbage to the cans and switch out their towels with housekeeping or at the pool. I didn't opt out. On our next trip we will be with our son in a dvc villa and only have housekeeping every 4 days (?) or maybe it's just towel service. Anyway, I am already planning on finding out where the garbage cans are so I can clean up a little daily. No way would I leave it outside the room!
We are DVC owners and had our trash picked up daily-and the housekeeper made a point to tell us that anything we need replaced to just ask.

They took our trash every day in a DVC villa as part of the “room check”. New towels on the 4th Day.

We are DVC owners and had our trash picked up daily-and the housekeeper made a point to tell us that anything we need replaced to just ask.
Good to know. I do nighttime dialysis and have lots of trash. I don't mind doing it myself if needed though.

As much as I would love to experience the cantina, I feel like it would be a total letdown if I got in there and had this kind of experience. It's frustrating and disappointing. Disney can do better and they should.
Some people love it. It was a one and done for us. Experienced it in Disneyland. Fun to see the theming and take some pictures but drinks are all pre-made and overpriced. My son and wife have ressies for upcoming trip. I made lunch ressies at the same time at 50s prime time. 😋

The rain let up so we headed to Epcot and hit a few booths. The mimosa trio was excellent and the filet in Canada- so good. We’ve stuffed ourselves and had more than enough to drink so parked at the fence waiting for the show.

Lines at booths aren’t bad with the exception of France, so we skipped it. Tomorrow is HS for our first attempt to get in the vq for ROTR.

The long drive along with the late nights and early mornings are beginning to catch up with me! That 18 month break made me forget how exhausting Disney can be!

So DD and her SO are going to Savi's in late September. He is a big Star Wars fan. How big is the saber? Does it "fold"? We always send a box of things to the resort that we don't want in the luggage, and have a return "tag" all set up to ship things home. But would really like an idea of what size box they need to send, so the sabers (2 of them) will fit on the way home. THANKS, hope you all had a great time!

Its big--- Im going to guess 3.5- 4 ft, but someone please correct me if I am wrong---- doesnt "fold"--- was cheap to ship--- just have the receipt :))

Yes we were off test track and on Soarin before 11. Score!

now tomorrow May be tough AK opens at 8 and my kids all think we should head over around 6(whose teens are these?)
Are you driving or on a bus? First bus comes around 6:30. Driving starts letting you park around 7- someone who knows this timing better than me can chime in on how many minutes prior or if it is exactly 7. My point is yes, you need to be early, but 6 might be a little too early...

Uh, before assuming all people were being lazy, when we opted out at POP, they told us to tie up our garbage and set it outside the door and to pile our dirty towels outside the door. I thought the towel thing was odd, but that’s what they said to do, and it was picked up each day. With less cast members working now, it’s more likely to sit there longer, I‘m sure.

Re: Housekeeping- We returned Saturday from the Yacht Club and housekeeping came every other day. We were there the first time and asked for fresh towels, but really nothing else needed to be done. The second time we weren’t there and they replaced all the toiletries.

Sorry. I thought that was an official source.
PlanDisney is an official source. Their commenters go through an application process and are chosen by Disney and have to go through a training process. However, like most CMs at WDW the answers can vary from one person to the next as Disney does not seem to update all employees at the same time.

So DD and her SO are going to Savi's in late September. He is a big Star Wars fan. How big is the saber? Does it "fold"? We always send a box of things to the resort that we don't want in the luggage, and have a return "tag" all set up to ship things home. But would really like an idea of what size box they need to send, so the sabers (2 of them) will fit on the way home. THANKS, hope you all had a great time!
The Savi’s blades are 31” long (and breakable) and the hilts are around 10” long. They do come apart, but you are given a slightly padded storage bag for the saber to be carried as a whole. If you took it apart, I suppose you could keep the blade in the storage bag for some cushion. However, if they don’t mind relinquishing their sabers, they can ship them directly from Dok Ondar’s or Droid Depot. It costs around $17-$18, and Disney will take care of any damage that may occur.

Interesting afternoon at the pool. We went to a quiet pool for fewer people and there were fewer, just one other family. But they had their cooler of beer floating in the pool, eating sandwiches in the pool and pouring their beer into the pool so the kids could play with the empty cans in the pool. They were yelling and cursing - spouting off political garbage. We called the desk directly and they sent security really quickly. They stopped it, but not sure they won’t go right back to it when security is gone. We’d had enough and headed back to our cabin. People....gah.
Disney definitely needs lifeguards or some CM presence there. They had none.
Which resort?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter