I honestly don't think they know how to handle that bar. We had a party of 6 (including two kids who couldn't see over the bar) and they gave us a spot at the bar that could barely fit 4 adults. Five minutes later another host shows up and tries to squeeze two more people next to us. We told him that we barely had enough room for 4 let alone the 6 that are technically supposed to be there and he went and squeezed them into another part of the bar.

As much as I would love to experience the cantina, I feel like it would be a total letdown if I got in there and had this kind of experience. It's frustrating and disappointing. Disney can do better and they should.

Thoughts on mobile ordering. We were always fans of it, still are. Just finished lunch at satuli and it was easy and quick. Same thing happened with the MK. We’re placing orders with no issues.

AK is really crowded, but they have CMs cleaning up everywhere you look. Park looks good to me. I’m really beginning to wonder about all the reports of trash everywhere. We just haven’t seen it.

Afternoon break soon, Epcot tonight.

That line really moves. All three mountains…. Done ✔

thought about jumping into the line for POC, but we need to get to our lunch reservation at whispering Canyon Café.

Glad to see you're having a good time. we found that almost all the lines moved way fast and consistent without fast pass. even with larger crowds on our most recent trip. And we Loved Whispering Canyon! I think that was our most enjoyed meal overall. and we had some good ones!

Yes! Its the way its weighted - very bottom heavy ! Thank goodness we were leaving the park soon ! I was trying not to impale anyone ! Just had it shipped from hotel - $17.95 and worth every cent ! Thanks to everyone that replied !!
So DD and her SO are going to Savi's in late September. He is a big Star Wars fan. How big is the saber? Does it "fold"? We always send a box of things to the resort that we don't want in the luggage, and have a return "tag" all set up to ship things home. But would really like an idea of what size box they need to send, so the sabers (2 of them) will fit on the way home. THANKS, hope you all had a great time!

So DD and her SO are going to Savi's in late September. He is a big Star Wars fan. How big is the saber? Does it "fold"? We always send a box of things to the resort that we don't want in the luggage, and have a return "tag" all set up to ship things home. But would really like an idea of what size box they need to send, so the sabers (2 of them) will fit on the way home. THANKS, hope you all had a great time!
I believe the blade is about 36 inches, plus the hilt is about 8-10". They do not fold, but you can detach the hilt.

Magic Kingdom today. I will continue to update this post throughout the day like I did yesterday at Hollywood Studios.

At Boardwalk bus stop at 7:45 for 9am park open. First bus filled up. On second bus now and off bus at 8:20. Through security and the tap styles at 8:24

Going to line up for Space Mountain first. Lined up at entrance to Tomorrowland at 8:30 AM. This is what it looks like, not bad at all. The line next to us for 7DMT is probably five times as long. Update: opened the land at 9 AM as expected. Into space Mountain building at 9:12 AM
View attachment 592636
Off space Mountain at 9:30 AM
View attachment 592641

In line for splash at 9:43 AM. Posted 55 minute wait. We went to knock this one out. On the ride in 40 minutes.
View attachment 592655View attachment 592656

Moving on to big thunder mountain railroad at 10:45 AM, Posted 35 minutes. Line is to the end of the bridge. We will see. Update: On the ride in 25 minutes. That line really moves. All three mountains…. Done ✔
View attachment 592668
View attachment 592669

thought about jumping into the line for POC, but we need to get to our lunch reservation at whispering Canyon Café.
View attachment 592684
View attachment 592712

Heading back to the Boardwalk to sleep off our gluttony they call lunch at Whispering Canyon. :)

Dan

Bonus. Beautiful evening last night.
View attachment 592682
Thanks so much for the detailed reports and pics!

Magic Kingdom today. I will continue to update this post throughout the day like I did yesterday at Hollywood Studios.

At Boardwalk bus stop at 7:45 for 9am park open. First bus filled up. On second bus now and off bus at 8:20. Through security and the tap styles at 8:24

Going to line up for Space Mountain first. Lined up at entrance to Tomorrowland at 8:30 AM. This is what it looks like, not bad at all. The line next to us for 7DMT is probably five times as long. Update: opened the land at 9 AM as expected. Into space Mountain building at 9:12 AM
View attachment 592636
Off space Mountain at 9:30 AM
View attachment 592641

In line for splash at 9:43 AM. Posted 55 minute wait. We went to knock this one out. On the ride in 40 minutes.
View attachment 592655View attachment 592656

Moving on to big thunder mountain railroad at 10:45 AM, Posted 35 minutes. Line is to the end of the bridge. We will see. Update: On the ride in 25 minutes. That line really moves. All three mountains…. Done ✔
View attachment 592668
View attachment 592669

View attachment 592684
View attachment 592712

Heading back to the Boardwalk to sleep off our gluttony they call lunch at Whispering Canyon. :)

Dan

Bonus. Beautiful evening last night.
View attachment 592682
Thanks so much for the detailed reports and pics!

As much as I would love to experience the cantina, I feel like it would be a total letdown if I got in there and had this kind of experience. It's frustrating and disappointing. Disney can do better and they should.
This isn't just a recent experience. Oga's has been like that since opening. I think they're trying to create a high energy, crowded bar type atmosphere, so I don't see it changing unless demand really drops

Animal Kingdom this morning. We are not rope dropping any parks due to the crowds at rope drop. Arrived right after opening, rode Safari with a 15 minute standby and my group is line now to ride Everest, posted 25 minute wait.

FOP was at 2 hrs when we walked in, I expect it will be that high or higher all day. It’s not a favorite of any of ours so skipping it is no big deal. It is crowded, feeling it more here than MK and it’s relatively early.
Are you driving, and if so, how are you timing the "just after opening"? I want to do the same thing on a couple of days but I'm not sure how much time to allow for getting into the parking lots, etc.

Are you driving, and if so, how are you timing the "just after opening"? I want to do the same thing on a couple of days but I'm not sure how much time to allow for getting into the parking lots, etc.
We had planned on using Uber but wanted to test the busses. Our bus this morning was a 5 minute wait. Just left and this bus was under 5 as well.

As for timing, it’s luck. We knew they opened at 8, wanted to be there close to opening so got to the stop just after 7. It happened to work perfect today.

Last edited:
A question for anyone who is currently onsite or has recently been to the parks (sorry if this has already been discussed): are any of the parks admitting guests AND allowing them onto rides before official park opening time? We are here now, but have only been to MK so far. I was a bit disappointed that we were held back from rides until 9 am, only because I thought I had heard that people were being allowed in a bit earlier. We overheard someone saying that HS was admitting people in earlier to the actual rides, but unsure if that’s still the case.

A question for anyone who is currently onsite or has recently been to the parks (sorry if this has already been discussed): are any of the parks admitting guests AND allowing them onto rides before official park opening time? We are here now, but have only been to MK so far. I was a bit disappointed that we were held back from rides until 9 am, only because I thought I had heard that people were being allowed in a bit earlier. We overheard someone saying that HS was admitting people in earlier to the actual rides, but unsure if that’s still the case.
All the other parks admit people in about an hour ahead. AK holds people at the bridge to Pandora and runs only FOP about 30 minutes prior to opening. DHS queues people in certain areas for rides and then starts running them 30 minutes ahead. I'm not sure about Epcot because we didn't RD there.

There is a thread here all about rope drop.

I've heard it recommended that you pay to have it shipped from Disney. Yesterday's report was that it was $17.95 for one and they felt well worth the cost.

Just another option.

I'm wondering if this option is available to ship to Canada as well. I'd pay the extra to avoid the hassle
That I'm not sure about. Have you tried shipping other things to Canada from Disney in the past? I know they won't ship our MagicBands to us but possibly guests can ship other items? I would ask in the Canadian forum to see if other's might know.

All the other parks admit people in about an hour ahead. AK holds people at the bridge to Pandora and runs only FOP about 30 minutes prior to opening. DHS queues people in certain areas for rides and then starts running them 30 minutes ahead. I'm not sure about Epcot because we didn't RD there.

There is a thread here all about rope drop.
Thank you for your reply! I will check out the rope drop thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter