I had to go to Guest Relations at HS today to fix a mobile order mixup (Disney's fault). They charged my credit card at 10:30 am and said I was a No Show for our 11:50 am mobile order. Anyway, the Guest Service CM said she was off last week and was "vacationing" as a Disney guest. She agreed that the lines are out of control and without FP or any other entertainment, it is not a pleasant experience.

I don’t believe anyone working at Disney would outwardly complain about their employer to a random visitor.

I don’t believe anyone working at Disney would outwardly complain about their employer to a random visitor.
I had a similar conversation with a guest services person on the phone in preparation for my upcoming trip. I think they have been told to "validate" the guest's concerns about long lines, etc. She essentially said that the lines are very long, though at least they are moving. She also agreed that it might be better to wait for a future date when things return more to normal. She wasn't negatively complaining about her employer, but she certainly was agreeing that my concerns were valid, and that a trip this summer might not be the best experience. So, I expect rlk has represented that conversation accurately, based on my recent conversation.

Weather cleared and we made it over to watch HEA.

My advice- Go to the garden area in front of Casey’s at least 1 hr in advance, preferably 1.5. Go to the back fence and stake out a spot. It’s a view you used to have to spend money to get. Sit back for half an hour after they end and it’s an easy exit.

Go to the garden area in front of Casey’s at least 1 hr in advance, preferably 1.5
Good advice but not for me. Not waiting 90 minutes for a fireworks show... Bring back fireworks dessert parties, please. Although I must say I have sneaked my way into that area many times 15 minutes prior to showtime on some very busy days during the holidays.

Weather cleared and we made it over to watch HEA.

My advice- Go to the garden area in front of Casey’s at least 1 hr in advance, preferably 1.5. Go to the back fence and stake out a spot. It’s a view you used to have to spend money to get. Sit back for half an hour after they end and it’s an easy exit.
I was wondering if the grassy areas were open since dessert parties aren’t happening. Thanks for the tip!

Good advice but not for me. Not waiting 90 minutes for a fireworks show... Bring back fireworks dessert parties, please. Although I must say I have sneaked my way into that area many times 15 minutes prior to showtime on some very busy days during the holidays.
I agree. I wish they had brought parties back in time for us, but they didn’t. Our whole trip was planned just to see the fireworks one more time. So it was either wait or ruin the trip. The choice was easy. We mobile ordered from Casey’s, ate and relaxed and had fun until the show started. We got there right at an hour before they started and got this view.

Attachments

• 1038972B-9B92-4BF6-A6AD-7F0B7AFC633D.jpeg
    1038972B-9B92-4BF6-A6AD-7F0B7AFC633D.jpeg
    75.3 KB · Views: 159

But why make other Guests look at this out of frustration with Disney?

A call(s) to Housekeeping "should" result in someone picking it up.

If no response from Housekeeping there are Trash cans at All-Star Movies this trash could have been taken to,either in the building sections themselves or in World Premiere Food Court.

No matter how poor a job Disney may be currently doing,to leave trash like this for other Guests to have to see speaks more of laziness by the Guest than frustration with Disney.

Not cool at all IMHO.

I totally agree, and personally, I would never do this, but it is frustrating--- (and again, I would not do what they did) ...but people in our bldg have been calling the front desk, and getting nowhere- I had to speak with a manager to get TP delivered to our room !!!

I agree. I wish they had brought parties back in time for us, but they didn’t. Our whole trip was planned just to see the fireworks one more time. So it was either wait or ruin the trip. The choice was easy. We mobile ordered from Casey’s, ate and relaxed and had fun until the show started. We got there right at an hour before they started and got this view.
We will most likely try for this location tonight. We try to get our fireworks viewing in earlier in our stay so that we are not pressured to see it every night. If the weather is good we like to see the nighttime shows as soon as possible to free up our evenings if we want to do something else.

Dan

But why make other Guests look at this out of frustration with Disney?

A call(s) to Housekeeping "should" result in someone picking it up.

If no response from Housekeeping there are Trash cans at All-Star Movies this trash could have been taken to,either in the building sections themselves or in World Premiere Food Court.

No matter how poor a job Disney may be currently doing,to leave trash like this for other Guests to have to see speaks more of laziness by the Guest than frustration with Disney.

Not cool at all IMHO.
It's unreasonable to expect guests to walk across the resort to get rid of their trash. If they aren't doing regular housekeeping, they need to install more trash cans around the various buildings and keep them emptied.

It's unreasonable to expect guests to walk across the resort to get rid of their trash. If they aren't doing regular housekeeping, they need to install more trash cans around the various buildings and keep them emptied.
Or put regular sized trash cans in the rooms. These tiny little buckets do nothing if there not taken out everyday. Get the nice no smell cans with 13 gallon bags and put in the closet. Imo.

Last edited:
Magic Kingdom today. I will continue to update this post throughout the day like I did yesterday at Hollywood Studios.

At Boardwalk bus stop at 7:45 for 9am park open. First bus filled up. On second bus now and off bus at 8:20. Through security and the tap styles at 8:24

Going to line up for Space Mountain first. Lined up at entrance to Tomorrowland at 8:30 AM. This is what it looks like, not bad at all. The line next to us for 7DMT is probably five times as long. Update: opened the land at 9 AM as expected. Into space Mountain building at 9:12 AM
250F75E9-6840-4B20-B577-94E5E172BB05.jpeg
Off space Mountain at 9:30 AM
DDE7E9F6-ADEC-4882-86A1-51715278AB37.jpeg

In line for splash at 9:43 AM. Posted 55 minute wait. We went to knock this one out. On the ride in 40 minutes.
8B44E9C1-41CA-488D-A366-48D0EB5B2A78.jpeg

Moving on to big thunder mountain railroad at 10:45 AM, Posted 35 minutes. Line is to the end of the bridge. We will see. Update: On the ride in 25 minutes. That line really moves. All three mountains…. 11:20am Done ✔
21896B9E-3522-45F7-B1F9-871634270E24.jpeg
88A11F2C-8F7E-4A99-9EB7-D29EE117D8DE.jpeg

thought about jumping into the line for POC, but we need to get to our lunch reservation at whispering Canyon Café.
0DC75AAC-EDF8-4015-A7F2-B36C37C86171.jpeg

Heading back to the Boardwalk to sleep off the gluttony they call lunch at Whispering Canyon. My son had the pulled pork sandwich and fries and my wife, myself and my younger daughter had the normal skillet, and my older daughter had the vegetable-based skillet since she likes to try plant based options sometimes. All of it was very good. :)

1:56pm. Our primary goal for tonight is to watch Happily Ever After. We have not seen that yet. We also want to fit in Pirates, haunted mansion, and any others we can before the firework show.

4:30pm now and we are up and moving. Still full from lunch. will Mobile order something in MK for dinner later. Made it to Magic Kingdom around 5 PM. Lots of people leaving the park because it’s been raining all afternoon and lightning. Literally every single outdoor attraction at Magic Kingdom is down so the lines for everything else are incredibly long.

5:30pm Right now we are in line for Pirates posted 95 minutes but we will see. We are keeping our eyes open for outdoor attractions to open and we may rush over there to hit more headliners and jump out of line at Pirates. Skies are clearing. Sea of humanity crisscrossing in the queue inside the Pirates of the Caribbean building. No choice really though, very few rides open right now. Update: We were on the ride in 34 minutes.
33186246-D200-4062-8396-FEDAD5523F8D.jpeg

6:45 PM now. Mobile ordered a couple of Dole Whips which were ready immediately. Very tasty and refreshing. Now we are in line for haunted mansion. Posted 70 minutes. Still light sprinkles. Line for the Liberty Bell? Nope. This is for haunted mansion. Update: we were in the stretching room in 48 minutes.
19EE1C89-0E6F-4765-8557-67D209C6931C.jpeg

8:05 PM, in the assembly room for Mickey’s Philharmagic. After that we staked out a spot for HEA, and got a fantastic spot. Mobile ordered some fries from Casey’s for while we wait, but man, that was crazy town trying to find my family in the dark in that mass of people. Was successful though. HEA, what a show! I would probably rank it above Wishes. I know, I know.
BB9DE352-3D99-4E0E-9C10-218370FCA8AC.jpeg
Now we headed over to Space at 9:40pm for one final ride of the day. Posted 70 minutes. By the length of the line, it will probably take us roughly the same amount of time as it did this morning at rope drop. Update: 35 minute wait.

Finishing off with a little ice cream from the Plaza ice cream parlor then heading back to the resort to crash. Full day. Epcot tomorrow. FINALLY get to sleep in.

Dan

Bonus. Beautiful evening last night.
E763051F-65EF-4BAA-B432-F4AD0A92A22D.jpeg

Last edited:
Animal Kingdom this morning. We are not rope dropping any parks due to the crowds at rope drop. Arrived right after opening, rode Safari with a 15 minute standby and my group is line now to ride Everest, posted 25 minute wait.

FOP was at 2 hrs when we walked in, I expect it will be that high or higher all day. It’s not a favorite of any of ours so skipping it is no big deal. It is crowded, feeling it more here than MK and it’s relatively early.

Kids got in line at Everest with 25 min wait. It has popped to 45 while they’re still on the ride. Just too see, I walked the length of the queue in the walkway and it took over 1 minute at a fast pace. This is why the park feels crowded. Glad they jumped in line when they did.

I think they care... but not enough to do anything nor do I think at this point it is even possible for them to add it back. Park reservations are already out and pretty full. They would need to tell folks they couldnt come to bring it back to lower crowd lvls. Imo they opened up way to fast trying to get things ready for the 50th.
What could they do? Even if they required proof of vaccine, two of my neighbors both got covid and they were fully vaccinated. If you are going to a theme park with thousands of people you are taking a chance. We all weigh the risks vs the benefits in life, and corporations aren’t going to be able to guarantee you remain healthy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!