Here now taking a break at our off site house with great WiFi! Just some first thoughts

boarding passes- using the tips from here got us boarding group 4. Cool! Also get to HS early. They let us in at 8:30 walked us back to smugglers run. Was on and off before 9 AM opening.
Rode TSM then our boarding group was called. AMAZING!

mobile ordered at docking bay and ronto roasters. Easy peasy and pickup worked without a hitch. Kept having a great day- rode Mickey and Minnies runaway railway. Huge hit for even the teens. Did ToT and RNR. Saw muppets rode regular old star tours.
great day had by all. We left from exhaustion around 5

today was MK day- got there early and waited. Let us in around 8:15 but then held everyone at the end of Main Street. Held us there until 9am. Ugh. Hugh bummer in the blazing sun but luckily met some nice people while we waited. Did Space, Buzz, haunted mansion, BTMR. Grabbed our Casey mobile order. Ate rode pirates, Pan, carousel of progress for a nap- people mover then here for break.

most wait times were way shorter than posted like half.

Really start walking now. Get your body ready. If you drive- that hike from your car to the boat/monorail is killer. Why no trams? There was zero social distancing. Thankfully we got there early so our walk wasn’t so bad- but those in the back lots. Ugh.

heading out to disney springs. Even with the minor complaints still having a great time! So far only very nice CM’s

local restaurants are really short staffed. Waits are crazy long. So be prepared.

On an afternoon break now. First impressions of the MK- We cried seeing the castle again, it is stunning. It’s crowded, but only at rides. Walkways are not as crowded as we’ve seen on busy summer days. We unexpectedly had to have a wheelchair. We didn’t know, but for the HM, BTMR and Jungle cruise you get a return time just like DAS. We only rode HM using it and managed to skip a very long, wrapped line - posted as an hour and looked to be every minute that long. Rode POTC with a posted wait of 60 minutes, timed it, took 17.

We had not expected to ride anything, just walk around, but with the return time there was no reason not to. Restrooms we used were all clean, each one having 3 CM’s cleaning as fast as they could- a little trash here and there, not as sparkling as usual, nothing horribly offensive.

More mask wearing than I expected- nice surprise, Bus driver handed them out to those not complying. Mobile ordered dole whips- easy and not much waiting. I forgot how fast they melt in the heat, but teared up with the first taste. It is an emotional day for sure.

All in all, pleasantly surprised at conditions. CM’s were smiling and pleasant. This could just be the initial dose of pixie dust and the pure joy of just being here finally, but so far we are not having the horrid time I was fearing. We’ll be back at the MK tonight to scope out fireworks conditions. For now it’s groceries, pool and a well earned nap!

Mild in that we aren’t hospitalized or dead but very unpleasant. DH has been sick over a week. Mine had hasn’t been as long. But fever, congestion, fatigue, shortness of breath…😔.
I’m sorry that happened to you! That sounds horrible. I hope you feel better soon. Thanks for letting us know about your experience. I think it will help a lot of people who were on the fence about wearing masks.

I’m sorry that happened to you! That sounds horrible. I hope you feel better soon. Thanks for letting us know about your experience. I think it will help a lot of people who were on the fence about wearing masks.
Thank you! I admit that I felt safer with the vaccine than I obviously I was & was glad to see masks go & things get back to “normal” 😔.

This right here is the perfect example of Disney only caring about getting your $$$.

I honestly don't think they know how to handle that bar. We had a party of 6 (including two kids who couldn't see over the bar) and they gave us a spot at the bar that could barely fit 4 adults. Five minutes later another host shows up and tries to squeeze two more people next to us. We told him that we barely had enough room for 4 let alone the 6 that are technically supposed to be there and he went and squeezed them into another part of the bar.

I honestly don't think they know how to handle that bar. We had a party of 6 (including two kids who couldn't see over the bar) and they gave us a spot at the bar that could barely fit 4 adults. Five minutes later another host shows up and tries to squeeze two more people next to us. We told him that we barely had enough room for 4 let alone the 6 that are technically supposed to be there and he went and squeezed them into another part of the bar.

We have a party of 6 with an ADR at Oga’s on Friday. I figured with an ADR it might be better but I guess not. This info helped me re-adjust my expectations so thank you for providing this feedback!

We have a party of 6 with an ADR at Oga’s on Friday. I figured with an ADR it might be better but I guess not. This info helped me re-adjust my expectations so thank you for providing this feedback!
The only way to get in is a ADR or the rare walk up availability

Interesting afternoon at the pool. We went to a quiet pool for fewer people and there were fewer, just one other family. But they had their cooler of beer floating in the pool, eating sandwiches in the pool and pouring their beer into the pool so the kids could play with the empty cans in the pool. They were yelling and cursing - spouting off political garbage. We called the desk directly and they sent security really quickly. They stopped it, but not sure they won’t go right back to it when security is gone. We’d had enough and headed back to our cabin. People....gah.
Disney definitely needs lifeguards or some CM presence there. They had none.

Part of this experience was skewed by the fact that we had just come from Universal July 18-19, staying at HRH and utilizing Express Pass. We went into it knowing that our Universal trip would most likely be much better than our Disney trip (and it was)
If anyone from Disney is reading this thread, please pause for a moment and let this sink in. It doesn't have to be this way!

We took the first bus to AK from the Grand Floridian yesterday-we were the only family on the bus. I believe it came at 6:40 and we probably waited a few minutes before it left. Arrived about 7:00.We were the first group at a tapstile, but crowds built fairly quickly. I can’t remember what time they walked people to FOP but we were done by 8:10. Walk on to Navi, then 20 minute waits for KS, Kali and Dinosaur. We also walked Gorilla Falls. Then lunch and our kids rode Everest after about 30 minutes.
Have another day planned for shows and a repeat of everything except FOP. We really had a great day, but it is so hot! We bring water-even a 20 minute line in 90+ heat is brutal!
Went to MK rope drop today and off Mine Train by 9:15. We found line times inflated-Pirates at 50, but 25, HM 40 but 20, etc.
We miss FP, but we’re here 10 days and can pace ourselves.
Oh, and no issues with mobile ordering-we order in a ride line and hit we’re here as we get off. It’s been ready when we arrive. I wouldn’t get there and order, though.
We’re here til next Monday, so happy to answer any questions.
Can you update with your HS experience, once you go please? :)

Can you update with your HS experience, once you go please? :)
Sure! But we’re not going until Thursday.
We’re moving to the BCV tomorrow-we’re trying to minimize riding the bus. So Epcot tomorrow and Wednesday. We will only need it for the AK. (Unless it rains and we can’t walk or use the boats)

Interesting afternoon at the pool. We went to a quiet pool for fewer people and there were fewer, just one other family. But they had their cooler of beer floating in the pool, eating sandwiches in the pool and pouring their beer into the pool so the kids could play with the empty cans in the pool. They were yelling and cursing - spouting off political garbage. We called the desk directly and they sent security really quickly. They stopped it, but not sure they won’t go right back to it when security is gone. We’d had enough and headed back to our cabin. People....gah.
Disney definitely needs lifeguards or some CM presence there. They had none.
Where was this? The Wilderness Lodge? Yikes!

I don't think I'd appreciate that behavior even if it was a Motel 6!

Security was really quick to handle it but with no CM presence, this is what’s going to happen. We’ll just stick with the main pool from now on. It’s pouring rain now so evening plans are on hold.

We’d brave the rain but a lot of rides are closed and wait times are high for those that are open. Hopefully it will clear soon.

We’ve had two really excellent days at HS (Saturday) and EPCOT (today). Fewer rides than normal but we pivoted to those smaller things you always want to do but don’t because you’re running to a headliner. We skipped rope drop at both places and didn’t feel like it was bad. I didn’t feel like either was as crowded as MK was a few days ago. In 5 hours today, we toured each country around WS so my daughter could complete the KidCOT game and saw so much for the first time!

Sunday was a rest day and Disney Springs. Homecoming had the best fried chicken I’ve ever had and we will be back! Great service too. Sanaa and Chef Mickey’s were also amazing with service. World of Disney was a disaster, but it always is. My husband almost lost his cool when we had to walk alllllllll the way around just to wait another 20 minutes just to get in. Our resort gift shop ended up being a way better shopping experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!