Got boarding group 49 this morning at 7 AM. Walked into Hollywood studios at 8:01AM. This is the line after walking straight to Tower of terror. Not too shabby.
075C6D3A-2CF8-46B3-93CD-C27131EE2FFA.jpeg
The line to rock’n roller coaster is to the left. It is probably twice as long. We plan to ride that after tower of terror. We will see how that works out. Update. They opened both rides at 8:30 AM on the dot. Walked on TOT and now in the line for rockin roller coaster at 8:44 AM. Off the ride at 9:12 AM

Got in line for Smugglers run at 9:25 AM. Posted 60 minutes, now 90, now 115. We have been in line for 40 minutes now and made it to the main standby entrance. The CM said it is roughly 30 minutes from this point. Line definitely keeps moving. We ended up waiting 90 minutes. I asked the single rider line how long they waited and it was only 20 minutes. LOVED Smugglers Run. My daughters were the pilots and I swear they were trying to kill us all.

We have Hollywood Brown Derby reserved for lunch. We all plan to try the Cobb salad. Update: We all ordered the Cobb salad and all enjoyed it. (Although my son could probably take it or leave it). The restaurant looked about 2/3 full. Very nice guest service.
512C6A61-6874-47EA-B352-E62CD5ED3B47.jpeg

Took the boat back to our resort for an afternoon nap around 1pm. Back up and about at 3 PM now, and Rise is back up and running and our boarding group 49 looks to be ready in about 35 minutes. Will probably take the boat again. Standing in lines does take a toll on your feet. I am fit and I’m still a little leery how this will play out over the next 10 days. Heading back to HS in a few minutes! Beautiful sunny and hot here.

Update: Got in line for rise at 4:05 PM, and got on the attraction in 20 minutes. All I can say is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G !! Major props to all those involved with creating such an imaginative and awesome attraction!

5:05pm Toy story mania, Posted wait time of 45 minutes. Waited in line 30 minutes.

6pm Window, Mobile ordered Ronto Wraps and Batuuan Beef, and an Outpost Puff. All excellent. Order was ready under 5 minutes once I said that we “are here”. The heavens opened while we were eating so we stuck around and ordered a dessert rather than walking around and getting wet.
7D9003F2-D9B4-4608-A065-198BD148C365.jpeg
8CB2A42A-5610-4C68-906F-6B5F05F932D2.jpeg
05E1857B-C975-4638-9F82-99BE3D3EDDA7.jpeg
We have Oga’s reserved near park close (7:50) tonight. Will report back. Update: you can check in for reservations 20 minutes early. That is what we did for Oga’s. Honestly, not really sure what all the hype is about. The drinks were unique and cool and the interior was interesting but wasn’t really feeling impressed with it especially for how difficult it is to get a reservation. Our drinks were a Carbon Freeze, a hyperdrive and a Jabba Juice. The carbon freeze was cool because it had the contents jumping all around inside the glass. (Drinks on the ends of the photo)
859DF11D-A83C-4280-8760-2D529CE2071D.png

Update: Did not spend very long at Oga’s, and booked it over to Tower of terror. Got in one minute before closing. We were literally the last 5 people on the ride. Posted wait time was 30 minutes and we were on the ride in 10

Overall a productive day, despite the long lines, especially Smugglers run.

-Dan

Extra bonus: Could not be happier with the room we were able to get at the boardwalk villas. This was the view from our balcony this morning just after getting our boarding group at 7 AM
3E19FCE9-6D03-4845-B88E-EEA9E4846BBF.jpeg

Extra extra bonus: I guess we are sadistic because we decided to park hop over to Epcot still so we could do Soarin. Posted wait time at 9:25pm is 30 minutes, we were on in 5.

Grabbed an Impossible Slider on the way out because my son was hungry.
A5944E1E-4937-47E8-8CCB-B737156BAB7C.jpeg
Dan

Last edited:
Last July, we ate every single meal in our room and drove instead of Disney transportation. It certainly wasn’t convenient. But it can be done.

Yup - getting mobile to-go orders from TS restaurants (Kona, Ale & Compass, etc.) and taking it back to my room worked for me last September - I did a multi-split stay, so that also let me try a few different spots.

Trip was 7/7-7/14. Had an awesome time. It was so great not to wear masks. BUT it was packed & no way to social distance. Didn’t bother us b/c we are fully vaccinated. But, came home on 7/14 & 7/19 DH developed Covid symptoms & tested positive. Then I started with symptoms right after & am positive too. I was one who couldn’t wait to get back to normal & thought we were safe. Depressing b/c we were going back in Sept or Oct, but I really don’t know now. DH & I have relatively mild symptoms compared to hospitalized ppl, but this still sucks. Could have gotten it anywhere, of course, but we drove & made very few stops & was actually able to social distance in those locations. Hope this doesn’t get deleted b/c it contains Covid info b/c this was part our experience.

So sorry for your diagnosis and wishing you a speedy recovery! I know you aren't positive as to where you might have contracted the illness but I'm wondering if this is something Disney should be aware of.

Got boarding group 49 this morning at 7 AM. Walked into Hollywood studios at 8:01AM. This is the line after walking straight to Tower of terror. Not too shabby. The line to rock’n roller coaster is to the left. It is probably twice as long. We plan to ride that after tower of terror. We will see how that works out
View attachment 592327
We have Hollywood Brown Derby reserved for lunch. We all plan to try the Cobb salad. We have Oga’s reserved near park close tonight. Will report back

Dan

This is our plan for next Monday morning. ToT first and then RnRC! Have fun!

Got boarding group 49 this morning at 7 AM. Walked into Hollywood studios at 8:01AM. This is the line after walking straight to Tower of terror. Not too shabby. The line to rock’n roller coaster is to the left. It is probably twice as long. We plan to ride that after tower of terror. We will see how that works out. Edit. They opened both rides at 8:30 AM on the dot. Walked on TOT and now in the line for rockin roller coaster at 8:44 AM. Off the ride at 9:12 AM
View attachment 592327
We have Hollywood Brown Derby reserved for lunch. We all plan to try the Cobb salad. We have Oga’s reserved near park close tonight. Will report back

Dan

How did you get to HS today? We arrive at AoA on Wednesday and my biggest conundrum is whether to bus or skyliner to DHS>

I’ve read back through a good number of pages but didn’t find this answer, even though I’m sure it’s been discussed. When jt comes to rope dropping AK, do Disney buses still have an advantage over driving/Ubering to the parks? (Meaning - are they generally still holding cars and Ubers at the parking booth until after the busses start arriving?)

A new experience - entering the MK area by car in the morning. Massive lines just getting in. This, if for no other reason would be why we stay on site. But we’re in no hurry, just wouldn’t want to do this every day.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 167
A new experience - entering the MK area by car in the morning. Massive lines just getting in. This, if for no other reason would be why we stay on site. But we’re in no hurry, just wouldn’t want to do this every day.
Is that now? Or a bit earlier? We’re staying on property but I think driving to MK to avoid being on a crowded bus. I‘m wondering how early we should try to get to the parking lot entrance.….

Is that now? Or a bit earlier? We’re staying on property but I think driving to MK to avoid being on a crowded bus. I‘m wondering how early we should try to get to the parking lot entrance.….
The day we drove to MK from the Yacht Club last week, we left the Yacht club parking lot around 7:30 and were about 3-5 cars back at the parking toll booth. They opened the lot at 7:50. We were in front of the castle at 8:20. My teens made in on Mine Train with no wait, I didn't attempt it with my 3 year old and stroller as there was already pretty significant crowds on that side. It was better than the day we took the bus from the Yacht Club and didn't get through the turnstiles until 8:40.

How did you get to HS today? We arrive at AoA on Wednesday and my biggest conundrum is whether to bus or skyliner to DHS>
We are fortunate that we could walk. We are staying at the Boardwalk. I would recommend bus but others may have more input. Both buses and the Skyliner were arriving just before 8am as we were walking past. I’m just not sure about that transfer at Caribbean beach and if that would slow you down or not

Dan

Last edited:
In both February and last week of June (2x at MK per trip) we arrived at toll booth 90 minutes prior to official park open and got in quickly. Tollbooths let cars in one hour before park open.

Once in June DD and I took a bus, but DH wasn't far behind into mk by driving. They went tomorrowland, we did frontier. Knocked out several rides.

On the June trip, the first mk day we got to the ferry and it left quickly - barely anyone on it. I wonder if they might be waiting to fill them more now though?

Edited to add. We typically were about 5 to 8 cars back each time we drove and arrived that early. Every time booths opened 1 hr before opening on the dot, looks like that may have changed since june (which was back to traditional rope drop on the 2nd day)

Last edited:
Got boarding group 49 this morning at 7 AM. Walked into Hollywood studios at 8:01AM. This is the line after walking straight to Tower of terror. Not too shabby. The line to rock’n roller coaster is to the left. It is probably twice as long. We plan to ride that after tower of terror. We will see how that works out. Edit. They opened both rides at 8:30 AM on the dot. Walked on TOT and now in the line for rockin roller coaster at 8:44 AM. Off the ride at 9:12 AM

Got in line for Smugglers run at 9:25 AM. Posted 60 minutes, now 90, now 115. We have been in line for 40 minutes now and made it to the main standby entrance. The CM said it is roughly 30 minutes from this point. Line definitely keeps moving
View attachment 592327

Dan
Thanks for the info. We leave in 2 weeks. We Also have Brown Derby res. Please let me know how it goes when you leave Ogas. I have a 9:20 Ogas and wanted to take some nighttime falcon shots with our lightsabers. Hopefully the CM’s don’t rush you.

Lines were long, but they were constantly moving, so it didn't feel bad, especially in MK. Our limit is waiting 45 minutes, so we didn't get to do everything. They built up fast, and then stayed up. Barnstormer was 50 minutes, which is about 49 minutes and 30 seconds longer than the actual ride. I can't see the point of waiting for that.
I'm dying at the bolded part! So true!

How was BB?

So sorry for your diagnosis and wishing you a speedy recovery! I know you aren't positive as to where you might have contracted the illness but I'm wondering if this is something Disney should be aware of.
I actually thought about emailing guest services just to let them know.

We're leaving Thursday for a split universal/disney trip. Is the Epcot monorail open?
I'm curious about this too. It re-opened a week ago but then was closed on the Tuesday and the MDE app still shows it as closed. Can anyone report if the Epcot monorail is currently running?

I'm curious about this too. It re-opened a week ago but then was closed on the Tuesday and the MDE app still shows it as closed. Can anyone report if the Epcot monorail is currently running?

Yes, I rode it yesterday.

ROTR has been down since 10:00. Still stuck on boarding group 22. We have 23. Hoping it comes back up before we have to go to the airport at 5:30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!