Is it possible to load a Disney visa rewards card as my default payment instead of a regular credit card in the MDE app to use for mobile order payments?

We just arrived today and had great luck with lines at MK and everything else we attempted today. Started at Fantasia mini golf at 10:00 (using those free vouchers you get with a vacation package) and waited 5 minutes. We thought we would do this first because we didn’t want to start at a park mid-morning, when lines likely would already be long. We from there to our hotel, GF. We were able to use the walk up waitlist to eat at the GF Cafe—waitlist said 35 mins but we were seated in 20. As we finished lunch, we got the notice that our room was ready so we went there to drop our bags and rest. Ventured into MK at 2:00, as a storm was brewing. Walked straight to POC: got there just as the skies opened up. Wait said 35 mins; we boarded at 15 mins. Then to HM (still pouring), wait said 45 mins but was only 15. Rain stopped so we ran to Splash; posted wait 35 mins, actual wait 20. Small World waited 10 mins; Winnie the Pooh, waited 15 mins. Dinner at Crystal Palace, seated right on time, and the food was sooo much better than it used to be. And then we came back to the hotel. So we were able to ride 5 things between 2-5:30 with minimal waits. The result of which is that my teens are refusing to rope drop tomorrow because our experience today has caused them to believe we don’t need to.

Is it possible to load a Disney visa rewards card as my default payment instead of a regular credit card in the MDE app to use for mobile order payments?
I don’t think so. The Rewards card is treated as a gift card, no way to load it automatically. The best plan anyone has come up with is to save the card number to your phone so you can copy and paste it.

We just arrived today and had great luck with lines at MK and everything else we attempted today. Started at Fantasia mini golf at 10:00 (using those free vouchers you get with a vacation package) and waited 5 minutes. We thought we would do this first because we didn’t want to start at a park mid-morning, when lines likely would already be long. We from there to our hotel, GF. We were able to use the walk up waitlist to eat at the GF Cafe—waitlist said 35 mins but we were seated in 20. As we finished lunch, we got the notice that our room was ready so we went there to drop our bags and rest. Ventured into MK at 2:00, as a storm was brewing. Walked straight to POC: got there just as the skies opened up. Wait said 35 mins; we boarded at 15 mins. Then to HM (still pouring), wait said 45 mins but was only 15. Rain stopped so we ran to Splash; posted wait 35 mins, actual wait 20. Small World waited 10 mins; Winnie the Pooh, waited 15 mins. Dinner at Crystal Palace, seated right on time, and the food was sooo much better than it used to be. And then we came back to the hotel. So we were able to ride 5 things between 2-5:30 with minimal waits. The result of which is that my teens are refusing to rope drop tomorrow because our experience today has caused them to believe we don’t need to.

Lol. We also had a great day at MK today. Our 20 somethings had us out the door (we're offsite) at 6:50. Our parking ticket was stamped 7:13. We came back at 5:50 pm exhausted, but they want to do the same at AK tomorrow! And hop to Epcot late in the day.

We were able to ride everything we wanted to do at least once today. Longest wait was 7 dwarves at 1 hour, Jungle Cruise at 45 minutes (but we ate dole whips in line), rode Space Mtn 2 times with posted waits about double what it actually took. Pirates was a walk on. Started the day with splash, BTMMR wasn't open, but we got it as soon as it reopened after afternoon thunderstorms. We also rode Buzz, Small World, pooh, Peter Pan, Carousel of Progress during the big thunderstorm, people mover after lunch-ordered in line for Splash for noon pickup (that was a little hectic, but they gave us free items to make up for their confusion. The Greek Salad with chicken tenders was surprisingly very large and good, btw).

Sorry for my run on sentence of thoughts!

Long day today at HS. We really missed the fast passes at this park. Especially with so many shows being closed. The waits were pretty bad for almost all the rides between 10-5 so getting there early or staying to close is key. More rain and storms today a few times which closed down a few rides.

We set the alarm for 6:50 and got up and 3 of us were ready on our phones to try for a boarding pass. We used our sons phone to pull up the world clock. I got the pass, BG 55. We had all been practicing for months so I was pretty confident we’d get it. We just stayed in our room at WL and used the cell signal since it was excellent.

We decided to Uber to HS since we’ve never tried that before and I really liked it. It was $10 plus tip and we were dropped off at almost 8:30. I don’t really like to mess with rope drop anymore and being there way too early. Any extra sleep we can get is good! Haha

We debated on doing Tower and RnR since both had very low waits but ultimately decided to go to slinky in case of bad weather later which ended up being a good thing. The wait was posted at 90 min but the TP app had 44 min and it was right on target. The line moved pretty consistently all but slow but that was ok.

We had a 1:45 ressie for Mama Rosa’s but everyone was kind of hungry since we only had some snacks for breakfast so we mobile ordered ronto wraps and a grilled cheese from Woody’s toy box. I got the totchos from there and they were really good!

We explored Galaxy’s Edge for awhile since this was our first time seeing it. We all loved it of course. And bought too much stuff! I have no idea how we are getting all of this home just yet. DH says we should just buy another suitcase. I did bring 3 of the reusable bags you use at the grocery store so we’ll see if I can get everything in there and our backpacks. We flew southwest so we can have the 2 carry-ons if needed.

Our boarding group got called just before 12:30. We all loved it and were super impressed but it’s hard to compare it to anything else. It’s more of an experience than a ride. But the level of immersion is amazing.

In addition to Rise, were able to ride TSM, Smuggler’s Run, Star Tours, Tower and Mickey’s Railway. Which was super cute and the technology was impressive but I miss the Great Movie Ride. We pretty much waited anywhere from 30 min to 60 min for all of those. Except Star Tours, that was about 10 min. Lots of lines and waiting today. Things didn’t start dropping significantly until around 5ish. We were going to go on RnR after Tower but it was so muggy out and the wait was 47 min and we just decided to wait until our other 1/2 day at HS on Sunday and will hit that first thing. We also have an Oga’s and Sci-fi on Sunday too.

That’s the one nice thing about when you go to the parks many times over the years, is that you don’t feel that stress and pressure you feel your first time. Especially not knowing if and when you’ll be back. When we go now, we aim for the new stuff and then wing it for the rest. No pressure.

We ate a late lunch at Mama Melrose’s. It was DH and the kids first time going and liked it. We ate light though and just got appetizers.

We had droid reservations at 7:50 just before park close. It was fun and the kids really enjoyed it. We took a bus back to WL There was a bus there when we got to the queue and there were only a few people waiting so that was nice.

Tomorrow is Epcot and we are going to sleep in tomorrow a bit. We’ve been going nonstop since Saturday and still have 5 more days!

Last edited:

So I know it's all QS places- and the blue milk stand. Is it all snacks as well? Is there no option to charge to the room? We usually pay down at the desk for room charges a few times during our stay...
It is not all QS places, most of the bigger ones though yes. A few snack stands use it as well, but not most of them. No, you can't charge to the room.

Another note here on mobile ordering. We stayed at the GF last month and there were snack items at Gasparilla Grill (the QS place) at the cash register that weren't included on the mobile order menu, so it was actually impossible to mobile order these things (Lara bars, allergy chocolate bars, etc.).

Also, you can't mobile order a cup of ice water. You have to do that in person.

All of the QS places are very accommodating if you have a special order for whatever reason--allergies, food preference, etc. No problem at all there.

And a couple of times we were able to get our food earlier than the time on the app, which was great.

Since it has been a couple of days now, has the removal of masks and social distancing changed the arrival procedures for those who are driving to the parks themselves and trying to make it to "rope drop"? Just curious if you can get into the lot earlier than 45-50 minutes before park open. Thanks!

They want everyone to mobile order that can; if you have allergies, or don't have a smartphone, or only have cash I've seen exceptions.
In December my son brought two friends with allergies not covered on the mobile ordering menu. At Cosmic Rays, we were directed to a line at the cash register. This process took an eternity. As everyone at the cash register had a complicated issue. And that was the only register opened. Same at ABC Commissary. In addition, people without smart phones were directed to these lines. It was inconvenient and a hassle at both places.

Mobile ordering is so easy. I usually order in the car or at home so I can choose the time I want.

The only places where mobile ordering doesn’t really work well we’re places like Aloha Isle. Because you click that your there. A few minutes later you get order ready and told what pick up line to go into. You get in line. Wait. They ask your name or order number and you wait while they start your order for a dole whip.
Exactly what I am concerned about
12 people, multiple with allergy/gluten/dairy mods needed and the app sucks imo from “testing at home”.
it also seems as though a lot of what Disney does is intentional, ie they make it a hassle to try and irritate you enough that you will not go through it.
in reality, for me, it makes you just not want to come back more and more

12 people, multiple with allergy/gluten/dairy mods needed and the app sucks imo from “testing at home”.
it also seems as though a lot of what Disney does is intentional, ie they make it a hassle to try and irritate you enough that you will not go through it.
If you have allergies, tell them and they will let you order in person, no need to stress about it. Never had a problem with family/friends mobile ordering with gluten or dairy allergies though as those are more common.

Disney will take care of your group in person.

No, you can't load it into the system. You have to enter it for each purchase. Many of us save the number in a note on our phones, and use copy/paste on the payment page for each order.

Can you use the quick service dining card to mobile order?

Yes, it is a version of a Disney gift card. Save the number on the back in a note on your phone, and use copy/paste on the payment page.

As others have shared you'll be able to order in person.

I started using Mobile Ordering the day the allowed users with the DDP to use it and never looked back!! I remember many times sitting comfortably somewhere with my family, placing our order and quickly being called to pick it up, walking past long lines of people who had been there far longer than us and still hadn't ordered.

For some it doesn't work but for many I think it's a game changer which means those who wish to order in person have far fewer people lined up in front of them so truly it's a win-win in my books.

Had anyone noticed if they seem to be getting some of the closed places up and running? CM's inside "training" or hear anything that sounds like a rehearsal in the areas around shows?

Just back from seven days in the World! It‘s not really worth commenting on masks, social distancing etc, since they changed the rules right after we left😂. The main thing that guided our trip was the heat. It was SO hot and humid. We went prepared with our mini fans, cooling towels, sweat wicking clothes, and still couldn’t stand to be in the parks most afternoons after 2. We went earlier in the mornings (not always rope drop, but not too far off), back to the resort in the afternoons and then back to the parks usually around 5. This seemed to help with both heat and lines. The longest lines we stood in were Jungle Cruise around 11am (about 40 minutes), Smuggler’s Run (about the same) and Frozen (around 5pm, about 30 minutes). We also seemed to wait much longer for our second RotR boarding group (11 vs 35), but I wasn’t watching the time so I can’t say exactly. Everything else we managed to catch at 20 minutes or less.

It definitely felt crowded, pretty much all of the time except for a few late nights at Epcot.

We caught a bunch of cavalcades, and I really enjoyed them! It was fun to see a bunch of characters more or less spontaneously, even though it blocked our route on a few occasions😂. I don’t have little kids anymore, but I remember the awfulness of waiting for that afternoon parade on the hot pavement and I think this is a much better alternative.

We booked several late-night dinners, and most of the dining rooms seemed empty. We had 8:30ish dinners at both Le Cellier and Rose and Crown and there were only a few tables full. Same with Tiffins at 6:30. Our favorite meals were at Le Cellier and Raglan Road. We ate at California Grill for the first time and it was fine, but not great. We also ate A LOT at the food booths in Epcot. Favorites were the spoonbread at the honey booth and the burnt ends slider. I can’t remember which booth that one was, but it was one of the indoor ones. Favorite drinks were the slushie in France and the apple wine in Germany (we ended almost every night at Epcot and this became our “last thing” drink!). Our teens had a couple of separate reservations, and they loved Liberty Tree and Rainforest Cafe (at AK). They enjoyed Be Our Guest too, but I think it was too much for them at lunch.

We all loved Oga’s Cantina. Be aware that there are six standing tables; I was looking forward to an hour off my feet and didn’t get it. But we still had a blast. Our teens ordered one each of the nonalcoholic drinks and shared. Favorite was the Hyperdrive Punch followed by the Carbon Freeze. I had a Bespin Fizz, DH had the Yub Nub and we shared an Outer Rim. They were fine, but the real treat is the atmosphere!

Random note about alcoholic drinks - All of the pours between all of the parks seemed very weak. Only exception was the margarita at La Cava Tequila.

Teens also built lightsabers at Savi’s, which was a great experience. I was glad we had two with us, because each participant can only take one accompanying person. It was really fun to watch. It was a little more guided than our kids wanted, but to accommodate people of all ages, I guess it needs to be. Story and acting were really well done.

Overall, we had a great trip. I think DH and I may try to come back in October for Food & Wine, and I very much look forward to seeing fireworks then!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter