I likely would use the Mobile for an actual meal - a breakfast or lunch especially in the parks. I was more worried thinking about something like grabbing a quick snack or something random from the QS in the resorts - the kind of things I don't plan ahead for. With the cookie example above, that was the one that surprised me - I figured you could always just walk into the resort's QS and grab a cookie or drink without having to mobile order it - I never even considered that they might have restricted that.

I likely would use the Mobile for an actual meal - a breakfast or lunch especially in the parks. I was more worried thinking about something like grabbing a quick snack or something random from the QS in the resorts - the kind of things I don't plan ahead for. With the cookie example above, that was the one that surprised me - I figured you could always just walk into the resort's QS and grab a cookie or drink without having to mobile order it - I never even considered that they might have restricted that.
I was not allowed to walk-up at The Mara at AKL. I was required to use Mobile Ordering.

We've stayed at (or eaten at) Boardwalk, Saratoga, Pop, GF, Riviera, Caribbean Beach, and Poly in the last few months and you were able to order directly with a cashier at all of their QS spots. GF and Riviera had CM's at the door and you just asked to order in person.

I really like that you can't get into the restaurant without showing that you have a mobile order that's ready. It really cuts down on extended table vulturing. Families can sit right away as soon as the food shows ready but they don't tie up the table forever waiting for the food runner like in the past.
This is especially nice for solos like me, I can’t send someone to grab a table while I grab food. I’m much more likely to be able to find a table while my food is still reasonably hot now than before MO became the norm.

Just curious on one thing here - with the Quick Service dining options are there no longer ANY walk-up abilities? Have they gone to mandatory mobile ordering for all QS? I didn't see any indication of this when viewing the Disney site and clicking on various QS options - mobile order is mentioned as available, but not mandatory - I'll be headed up on July 2 and hadn't counted on requiring mobile order for the QS sites - I assumed walkup lines were still available?

In December my son brought two friends with allergies not covered on the mobile ordering menu. At Cosmic Rays, we were directed to a line at the cash register. This process took an eternity. As everyone at the cash register had a complicated issue. And that was the only register opened. Same at ABC Commissary. In addition, people without smart phones were directed to these lines. It was inconvenient and a hassle at both places.

Mobile ordering is so easy. I usually order in the car or at home so I can choose the time I want.

The only places where mobile ordering doesn’t really work well we’re places like Aloha Isle. Because you click that your there. A few minutes later you get order ready and told what pick up line to go into. You get in line. Wait. They ask your name or order number and you wait while they start your order for a dole whip.

Just curious on one thing here - with the Quick Service dining options are there no longer ANY walk-up abilities? Have they gone to mandatory mobile ordering for all QS? I didn't see any indication of this when viewing the Disney site and clicking on various QS options - mobile order is mentioned as available, but not mandatory - I'll be headed up on July 2 and hadn't counted on requiring mobile order for the QS sites - I assumed walkup lines were still available?
Some places like the Mara at AKL didn’t really have a non-mobile option but they did have a CM expeditor to help people do a mobile order. I’m sure if there was an issue where a guest could not mobile order for some reason that a CM could help them order in person but most food (meal) places seem to be set up to exclusively use the mobile system. After experiencing it, I don’t know why anyone would resist using it. It is so easy and saves tons of time and hassle. You can be waiting in line for a ride and having your family decide on lunch and get everything ordered and paid for choosing any QS place in the park, no need to first walk there and fight lines. When you get done with your ride or you are heading to the QS place just click “I’m here now /Prepare my order” and it will be ready for pick up shortly after that, no lines or battling for a table.

I've been almost exclusively using mobile order at QS for a few years. Only not using it at the places that didn't offer it. It's fantastic! Was always surprised more people didn't use it.

The only mobile order situation that really left me scratching my head was for the Blue Milk Stand at Hollywood Studios. I walked up not realizing that mobile order was required. A cast member then told me I could not manually order and had to mobile order. No one else was waiting at the time. I stepped off to the side and completed the mobile order, clicked the I’m here button and then received the drink. I’m pretty quick with mobile order but the whole process took longer than if the cast member had just allowed me to manually order when I first got to the stand.

Do you pay using the mobile app as well? Does this mean we need to add a credit card? I remember using the mobile ordering in the parks about two years ago - but I can't remember this detail.

Do you pay using the mobile app as well? Does this mean we need to add a credit card? I remember using the mobile ordering in the parks about two years ago - but I can't remember this detail.
Yes. It will automatically charge your credit card on record with the Disney World app. You can also pay with a Disney Gift Card, but you need to enter the number in each time. I entered the number into my Notes app and copy/pasted it into the Disney World every time I wanted to use it. It was 2 extra steps, but worthwhile for the savings.

Yes, you pay via the app when you order. It defaults to the CC linked to your MDE account (for ADR guarantees, etc.) but you can use a gift card or Disney Visa Rewards card too - just save the GC number in a note on your phone so you can copy and paste it instead of typing it in every time.

Currently on day 3 of our trip. First June trip not sure I am a fan of the rain with so little open in the parks. My wife and I were here in august several years ago so we new about the afternoon showers and had no issue with it. So few food options very hard to feed the family of 6. Getting a reservation that pleased even 3 of the 6 was impossible 60 days out. I like the mobile order once i figured out i had to hit start my food once i got near the restaurant.
So many shops, restaurants and shows closed it creates a cluster in the hot spots. However the lines for rides have been fine.
Just spent 25 minutes waiting for a bus back to yacht club from MK. Saw 13 buses parked the entire time and running at other resort stops waiting for guests to get into line. Saw 3 buses come and go for poly in that time.
Speaking of buses the new stop at Disney springs is awful. Why do they have the resorts with boat options with the shortest walk? Then the location is bad as well. I wish it was still near the actual disney themed stores, very poor design.
For those coming soon covid is over at Disney with spacing on buses and lines for rides but still does exist for getting into certain stores and for dining choices.
Future world is a mess at epcot very hard to navigate. Need more popcorn stands in epcot and HS

Yes, you pay via the app when you order. It defaults to the CC linked to your MDE account (for ADR guarantees, etc.) but you can use a gift card or Disney Visa Rewards card too - just save the GC number in a note on your phone so you can copy and paste it instead of typing it in every time.
So I know it's all QS places- and the blue milk stand. Is it all snacks as well? Is there no option to charge to the room? We usually pay down at the desk for room charges a few times during our stay...

So I know it's all QS places- and the blue milk stand. Is it all snacks as well? Is there no option to charge to the room? We usually pay down at the desk for room charges a few times during our stay...
we have used our magic bands to pay to our room the entire trip. snacks still have been in person order

For those heading to Disney 6/20 thru July, a ton of Parks are now available to book (in case you want to move a current park pass reservation from one park to another). I was able to cancel an Epcot day for 6/22 and change it to HS.

The only mobile order situation that really left me scratching my head was for the Blue Milk Stand at Hollywood Studios. I walked up not realizing that mobile order was required. A cast member then told me I could not manually order and had to mobile order. No one else was waiting at the time. I stepped off to the side and completed the mobile order, clicked the I’m here button and then received the drink. I’m pretty quick with mobile order but the whole process took longer than if the cast member had just allowed me to manually order when I first got to the stand.
This happened to me too. So irritating. I’m here. No one else is waiting. Take my money. Don’t make me pull out my phone just to justify the expense of your convoluted IT systems.

Can someone there answer if they have removed the plexiglass from FEA? If you weren't in the front row the plexiglass ruined the ride and you can forget about the photopass.

Can someone there answer if they have removed the plexiglass from FEA? If you weren't in the front row the plexiglass ruined the ride and you can forget about the photopass.

i saw someone post today it was gone, but I can’t remember which thread I saw it in.

i saw someone post today it was gone, but I can’t remember which thread I saw it in.
giphy.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter