We’ve been a bunch and have taken MDE every time but once. Even when things were 100% capacity, even during holidays, even during breaks, I’ve never seen the MDE line 1/10 what is is today. I have pics I’ll post once I can rotate them, but it’s well past where the rentals car counters end. And it’s not spaced out!

Not surprised...Coronado is completely sold out! Sounds like we may be better off taking Uber instead of ME tomorrow

We are in the same boat! We are driving down tonight and it looks like a good chance of rain for the next several days. :( We are only doing two days at the parks this trip - Tues and Wed. I really don't like this park reservation system at all.

I don't even look at the rain forecasts anymore for Orlando. I do look at the temperature forecast though. Case in point, our very first trip to WDW was in 2010 for 7 nights and before we flew down I was super worried because the forecast showed rain every day. I was super bummed. We ended up having a slight rain for a few hours only one evening the the entire trip. The other 6 1/2 days were absolutely gorgeous. Rain in WDW is a fickle beast. It can be pouring rain at Epcot and dry at Animal Kingdom.

Wishing you clear skies.

Dan

Thank you! Is that ride any good? Does it have huge lines? I assume it's in the Star Wars section? Do you still need reservations for the Star Wars section, or just for Rise of the Resistance?

The only thing you need a boarding group for is Rise of the Resistance.

Doesn’t look fun (posted at 11am). Hope your wait doesn’t end up being too long.

This makes me SO glad I hired a private car to/from the airport. Same folks I've used for Universal in the past. If there's even a CHANCE of running into something like this, I don't want to be a part of it. I also have no idea how this could even happen. There's never even been a line the times I've used it.

We’ve been a bunch and have taken MDE every time but once. Even when things were 100% capacity, even during holidays, even during breaks, I’ve never seen the MDE line 1/10 what is is today. I have pics I’ll post once I can rotate them, but it’s well past where the rentals car counters end. And it’s not spaced out!
We had this happen one trip. Wasn't fun but it moved and once on the bus we put it behind us and moved on with our trip!
Is there a genuine LINE for the bus? How do you ensure you are first or second (or tenth or twelfth) on the bus if you were the first or second (or tenth or twelfth) family to arrive at the bus stop? My memory of WL morning waits were just a crowd of people milling about, with no line or first come firsts served type of thing going on. If I drag myself out of bed to be at a bus stop by 6:30 before most anyone else, I want to make sure the latecomers don't steal my sleep deprived spot!! How do I do that? I'll be at SSR if that helps.

Thanks!
It depends on which resort you stay at. The value resorts have dedicated lines which I love as it keeps things in order. One of the many reasons I enjoy the value resorts. The moderates have bus stations but not actual queues. Not sure how people manage those.

Hi! I found these boards super helpful in planning my trip, so I wanted to share our experience this past week.
This was our first trip since Covid. We are a family of 4, two girls 6 and 9. We stayed at the Contemporary, and we were very happy with the resort. I found mobile ordering to be super easy if you did it early. We never had a problem with getting into the pool when we wanted to swim.
We loved being able to walk to MK! We left the room at 7:00 am for an 8:00 opening. Went straight to 7DMT and I would say we were off the ride by 7:40. We got at least 6 rides done by 9:30. I found rope drop to be by far the most quiet time of the day. For Epcot, we got to the bus 90 minutes before scheduled opening. We were in the first group of people to line up for Test Track. We knocked out that and Soarin by official park opening.
Overall, crowds were manageable, but definitely not low. It was very warm, and I did find we needed to take breaks more often to drink water and take masks off.
We still had a wonderful time, but I think we will wait for more “normalcy” before returning. Still many magical memories made, and I am glad we went!
Thanks to all of you for all of the helpful tips!

Question for anyone recently there who had a vacation package. Do they mail you the mini golf vouchers in advance? I know they used to but wondered if it’s different now.

We are going on May 13th for 5 nights. When were here back in 2019, we avoided the bus by taking mini vans or lyfts. Is this something you can still do?
I've been wondering about this too. We were there in February 2020, and Uber/Lyft worked amazingly well, but I've been wondering how it might be different now. I've read posts indicating that ride shares are being held until parking lots open. Does anyone know if that's still the case? Just wondering if we can still make rope drop this way.

Trying to plan a trip for the end of May, and wondering if there's anything that closes early that people were surprised by, or that I should be aware of? hate to plan on something that pre-COVID was open normal hours only to discover it closes early during these current times.

Thank you! Is that ride any good? Does it have huge lines? I assume it's in the Star Wars section? Do you still need reservations for the Star Wars section, or just for Rise of the Resistance?
You've never needed reservations for Galaxy's Edge (the Star Wars land), you just need a boarding group to be able to ride Rise.

You've never needed reservations for Galaxy's Edge (the Star Wars land), you just need a boarding group to be able to ride Rise.

They actually did use a virtual queue to enter Galaxy’s Edge when the land first opened, but I think it only lasted about two days.

Tom Sawyer island will close at dusk as well the raft that takes you back-and-forth. The river boat usually closes early also. You would also want to keep an eye out on Carousel of Progress, and the Hall of Presidents if it is reopened by then. Their last show is usually before park close. Everything else should be open, if you go into MDE you can check a traction times to see if they match the park hours.

Question for anyone recently there who had a vacation package. Do they mail you the mini golf vouchers in advance? I know they used to but wondered if it’s different now.
We got luggage tags and the mini golf/espn passes yesterday for our trip at start of May (we did not order new magic bands).

This makes me SO glad I hired a private car to/from the airport. Same folks I've used for Universal in the past. If there's even a CHANCE of running into something like this, I don't want to be a part of it. I also have no idea how this could even happen. There's never even been a line the times I've used it.

Hi there!

Do you mind me asking which ride service you used and the price? Thanks for any help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter