"Here I go again! On my own??" Solo in May 2017 PTR **updated 4/29

Kohls can suck it

haha that's how I feel about my recent escapades at Kohls! I've literally only bought shapewear there recently because it's just been so blah recently!

I am 18 days away!! I should be able to have another update tomorrow with my next park day plans!

Woot! :yay:

Hooray!! I hope the next two and a half days go quickly!! I will be checking instagram ::yes::

Me too! Yes ;) definitely check out Instagram! I may play with the live option but mostly pictures a plenty!

Super late to this party, but I'm so excited for you and your solo trip! I did a solo jaunt to WDW almost a year ago, and through I travel by myself fairly often, it was my first dedicated solo Disney trip. It was the BEST. You are going to love it!!! All right, back to catching up on this report :flower1:.

*edited to add that I also love Riverdale and that Hamilton is playing on my phone right now*

I am so into your new shirts! Especially the Peter Pan one. Excitement is building!! I actually bought some new trip clothes the other day, too...but mine were plain, boring moisture-wicking quick-dry athletic wear...because heaven knows I'll be dying in the August heat. (Just cuz, you know, brain condition, and also I'm a cold-hardy Canadian.) But I like your shopping much better!

I would/will be a terrible mom. Because if it were me, I would be holding on to those lil tsum tsum buddies for myself! :angel:

Yay Mickey mail! It's getting SO close!

Yesterday I set out to remedy that and find some new things. That was a fail of epic proportions. Belk and Kohls can suck it. >:(>:(

Boo!

I found and bought these two shirts there:

I love this one!

They had tsum tsums there for 99 cents each, and bought these two:

I haven't started collecting these because I'm afraid I'll never stop :rotfl:But I do like the Haunted Mansion ones and it would be cool to get all the Disney foxes because I collect fox stuff...

arrived on Saturday!

:cheer2:

Glad you were able to find some clothes! Those 2 shirts are so cute!

Yay for Mickey mail!

Mickey mail is the BEST mail!!

I'm glad I found clothes too!! And so is everyone else who will be in the parks that week...LOL!

I love the new tees! Super cute!

Thank you! My 13 year old did look at my Peter Pan shirt and say, "Really mom?" To which I replied, "YES, really", and then proceeded to go put it on with my running capris and do my best Peter Pan poses all around the house to annoy him. Because that's what I do. :rotfl2:

Super late to this party, but I'm so excited for you and your solo trip! I did a solo jaunt to WDW almost a year ago, and through I travel by myself fairly often, it was my first dedicated solo Disney trip. It was the BEST. You are going to love it!!! All right, back to catching up on this report :flower1:.

*edited to add that I also love Riverdale and that Hamilton is playing on my phone right now*

Hello!! Welcome to the party!!

I'm so glad to hear you had a great time solo at WDW, it gives me hope and motivation!! I'm so excited, but also nervous.

the preview for this week's Riverdale looks so stressful!! And Hamilton is a household staple here...there needs to be a "raise the roof" emoji!!

I am so into your new shirts! Especially the Peter Pan one. Excitement is building!! I actually bought some new trip clothes the other day, too...but mine were plain, boring moisture-wicking quick-dry athletic wear...because heaven knows I'll be dying in the August heat. (Just cuz, you know, brain condition, and also I'm a cold-hardy Canadian.) But I like your shopping much better!

I would/will be a terrible mom. Because if it were me, I would be holding on to those lil tsum tsum buddies for myself! :angel:

Yay Mickey mail! It's getting SO close!

I still need to go pick up some wicking basics, too! I was going through my stuff this morning and thought a few flowy work out tank tops would be good with my Lilly P. shorts if I end up wearing them...they're cute but not very comfortable.

I keep LOTS of tsum tsums for myself...sometimes I feel like I have to give them to the boys to justify buying them :rotfl2:

I love this one!

I haven't started collecting these because I'm afraid I'll never stop :rotfl:But I do like the Haunted Mansion ones and it would be cool to get all the Disney foxes because I collect fox stuff...

The Peter Pan one is pretty much my favorite. I would say I'm too old for it, BUT...Peter never grows up, so why should I?? It's Disney for crying out loud!!

Tsum tsums are way. too. addictive. I have soooo many. I try not to buy them anymore, but the park ones are so tempting. I've avoided buying the HM ones so far, but I don't know if I can hold out much longer. They're just so cute!!

I like fox stuff too! In our downstairs guest bathroom, it's kind of woodland themed, I have a picture in there of what I call my Hipster Foxster. It's a Fox in a jaunty little hat wearing clothes. He looks like he belongs in a Seattle coffee shop.

The Peter Pan one is pretty much my favorite. I would say I'm too old for it, BUT...Peter never grows up, so why should I?? It's Disney for crying out loud!!
Exactly! I don't think you're too old for it.

I like fox stuff too! In our downstairs guest bathroom, it's kind of woodland themed, I have a picture in there of what I call my Hipster Foxster. It's a Fox in a jaunty little hat wearing clothes. He looks like he belongs in a Seattle coffee shop.

Aw! I just bought a print of 2 foxes looking up at a tree and all the leaves are heart shaped :lovestruc

Chapter Ten: You're never too old to wish upon a star

Hello again and happy Friday!

Have you seen the meme of the little girl being dragged by the cheapie mall carousel? It seems to have been all over the place this week. It's captioned, "Sliding through the week like..."

That's me alllll the way. I am so happy to see a weekend.

There's been a few bumps in the road. One of our Odyssey of the Mind team members is not going to be coming with us to World Comp :sad2: Her mom is not letting her go. The kids are freaking out, and we're trying to keep them calm. Also, we're having an issue with making sure donations are being placed in the correct account...that part is a long story I won't get into because it's boring to anyone not involved, but it's a big deal. Ugh.

And Wednesday I fell down in front of alllllllllll the parents sitting in pick up line at school. I was going inside for OM practice, my arms loaded down with heavy bags, and I tripped on the hem of my maxi skirt while stepping up onto the sidewalk. I thought I was going to be able to hang on and not fall, but the stuff I was carrying was too heavy and down I went. In all, it was probably less than 20 seconds total, and I managed to get back up and keep going like nothing happened.

It's like...life is Cinderella's evil stepmother in this situation

So I am REALLY HAPPY that we're finally to the weekend and I can try to regroup and look a liiiitle less like:

Let's put all this week's insanity behind us and talk about my next planned park day. There's not a lot of info though, because it's another pretty unstructured day!

I'm starting things off with an 8:15am breakfast at Be Our Guest.

Depending on when I'm able to get in and out, I'll do Seven Dwarfs if they're letting people in line a little early. Otherwise, I'm going to go to Peter Pan first, because I have never seen the standby line through the nursery and I'm really looking forward to it!

I think I'm going to bring my camera into the park this day, so I might just spend my time taking pictures!

I know I want to catch all of the different Great Moments in History presented by the Muppets, because I am a huge muppets fan and LOVED the one we saw in December. I have a fast pass for Pirates mid-morning.

This is also going to be my last time to see Wishes :sad::sad:

Right now I have a fast pass for Big Thunder that begins at 8:30...I'm so torn about trying to time the ride to Wishes. If I have to guess, I have a feeling I'm going to change the fast pass that day and watch from the hub.

Things I want to accomplish this day:

- Peter Pan standby
- Pot roast mac and cheese from Friar's Nook
- sweet and spicy chicken waffle sandwich from Sleepy Hollow
- Muppets history
- all the character meets I can cram in
- Splash Mountain, because I won't get to ride in October (rumored rehab - super sad about this!! I wanted to get my mom on it)
- Lots and lots of picture taking
- Haunted Mansion
- Pirates of the Caribbean as many times as I can

I want to take my time at the MK and just kind of wander and see things I might ordinarily pass by.

This is kind of a ho-hum update, but it's all I've got the energy for today!!

I have two more days to talk about in future updates, and my ADR day for October is four days away, so that'll be another update...I guess I should actually PLAN those, huh?? Poor October is down at the bottom of the "to worry about" list :crazy2:

In the meantime, it's the weekend! Enjoy it!!

Love the idea of taking time to see everything you normally miss. I'm looking forward to seeing evidence of many meet and greets!

Sorry the end of this week kicked your butt! Hope you have a great weekend!

Your MK day sounds so great! The Peter Pan queue is so cute, definitely something to be seen!

I've heard BTMRR is fun to ride during Wishes..butttt if it was my last time seeing it I'd probably want to watch from the hub too!

And Wednesday I fell down in front of alllllllllll the parents sitting in pick up line at school. I was going inside for OM practice, my arms loaded down with heavy bags, and I tripped on the hem of my maxi skirt while stepping up onto the sidewalk. I thought I was going to be able to hang on and not fall, but the stuff I was carrying was too heavy and down I went. In all, it was probably less than 20 seconds total, and I managed to get back up and keep going like nothing happened.

Oh no! Did you tell them all you meant to do that obviously?

Right now I have a fast pass for Big Thunder that begins at 8:30...I'm so torn about trying to time the ride to Wishes. If I have to guess, I have a feeling I'm going to change the fast pass that day and watch from the hub.

I'm torn between watching in the hub and watching at the Contemporary for the last time...

Things I want to accomplish this day:

- Peter Pan standby
- Pot roast mac and cheese from Friar's Nook
- sweet and spicy chicken waffle sandwich from Sleepy Hollow
- Muppets history
- all the character meets I can cram in
- Splash Mountain, because I won't get to ride in October (rumored rehab - super sad about this!! I wanted to get my mom on it)
- Lots and lots of picture taking
- Haunted Mansion
- Pirates of the Caribbean as many times as I can

I have always wanted to do Peter Pan standby but that hasn't happened yet...

In the meantime, it's the weekend! Enjoy it!!

I love that version of that gif :rotfl:

Love the idea of taking time to see everything you normally miss. I'm looking forward to seeing evidence of many meet and greets!

I just hope I don't chicken out on the meet and greets!! I tend to skip face characters, but there are several on my list I want to meet that I haven't in the past...I might be starving for conversation after being alone, and just keep talking and talking and talking...Poor princesses, LOL!

Sorry the end of this week kicked your butt! Hope you have a great weekend!

Your MK day sounds so great! The Peter Pan queue is so cute, definitely something to be seen!

I've heard BTMRR is fun to ride during Wishes..butttt if it was my last time seeing it I'd probably want to watch from the hub too!

It was a mean, awful, terrible, no good week! I'm glad it's over and hoping this week will be easier.

After I typed up that last post, I changed my FPs for that day...I couldn't go through with my last Wishes being outside the hub!

Oh no! Did you tell them all you meant to do that obviously?

I'm torn between watching in the hub and watching at the Contemporary for the last time...

I have always wanted to do Peter Pan standby but that hasn't happened yet...

I love that version of that gif :rotfl:

I just hope they were all playing on their phones and not paying attention to the poor, sad, falling lady on the sidewalk :rotfl2:

I'm the same way! I keep saying we're going to do it standby, but then I see the wait time and I'm like...nope. I thought we could do it at the Christmas party last year, but it was like the only ride with a line (aside from 7dmt, of course)

I do too! It makes me laugh so hard!

"Hop"py Easter!!

It's storming here currently, but I think it's going to move out soon. We have no family nearby, so it's mostly just another Sunday for us, but the Easter Bunny did bring a few fun things for the boys. L got a Ravenclaw mug and keychain and some Flash socks, X got a Stitch emoji pillow, some downloadable content he wanted for a game on the xbox, and a fun poster with a unicorn on a therapist's couch and the therapist is saying, "you need to believe in yourself." He thought it was hilarious. Also lots and LOTS of candy. Not sure if we're motivated enough to dye eggs, but we shall see. Grilling later and maybe FINALLY going to see Beauty and the Beast.

I hope you all enjoy today whether you're celebrating or not, and that every moment is fun and full of happy surprises!

I'm the same way! I keep saying we're going to do it standby, but then I see the wait time and I'm like...nope. I thought we could do it at the Christmas party last year, but it was like the only ride with a line (aside from 7dmt, of course)

Same we wanted to do it during a party but the wait was never short enough. We went to EMM but you enter through the FP line.

Happy Easter!

Howdy! I thought I'd swing by and check out your PTR! How exciting that you are getting so close! I read the whole thing!

I was there with a friend and her family for two full and glorious weeks at the Wilderness Lodge.

What an amazing trip that must have been! No wonder you fell in love with WDW!! I can't imagine the awesomeness of two whole weeks at WL!

I haven't decided if I'm going to go collect my suitcase myself or let it get picked up by the ME CMs.

I don't think us Canadians have that option...but I'm still not sure I'd use it...that means waiting longer for your stuff right?

The room being ready kind of impacts my next move.

Yeah I hear ya on this. I don't know if there will be any chance of that for our trip either but it sure would be nice.

When I'm with my family, I don't plan that way, but with it just being me, I know I can keep moving more quickly.

That sounds like the best part of a solo trip to me...do what you want when you want and go at whatever pace you feel like!

because selfies are harder than they look.

OMG totally. I'm the worst at them too. Usually they are so bad they can't even be shared.

The evening at Animal Kingdom is mainly for one reason: Rivers of Light!

Is there any other reason to be there at night?

Great Moments in History presented by the Muppets

Have I been under a rock? What is this about?

Happy Easter! I got a basket full of socks (literally) and then a few edible things (since I'm watching) and things to do on the plane for my trip! :) That poster sounds hilarious!!

You haven't seen Beauty and the Beast yet?! GO SEE IT! IT'S SO GOOD.

Happy Easter! Sounds like the boys did well with the Easter Bunny! I'd like some of those gifts for myself. All the bunny brought us was a bag of caramilk eggs...which I've mostly eaten by now. :P

You absolutely should go see Beauty and the Beast!! I had a few critiques, both with singing and with some story things, which I won't go into since you haven't seen it, but I mostly loved it.

Same we wanted to do it during a party but the wait was never short enough. We went to EMM but you enter through the FP line.

Happy Easter!

I have faith we will both end up in the standby line someday...and it will be just a long enough line for us to see the details, but not to make us crazy. Wishful thinking, maybe, lol!

Howdy! I thought I'd swing by and check out your PTR! How exciting that you are getting so close! I read the whole thing!

What an amazing trip that must have been! No wonder you fell in love with WDW!! I can't imagine the awesomeness of two whole weeks at WL!

I don't think us Canadians have that option...but I'm still not sure I'd use it...that means waiting longer for your stuff right?

Yeah I hear ya on this. I don't know if there will be any chance of that for our trip either but it sure would be nice.

That sounds like the best part of a solo trip to me...do what you want when you want and go at whatever pace you feel like!

OMG totally. I'm the worst at them too. Usually they are so bad they can't even be shared.

Is there any other reason to be there at night?

Have I been under a rock? What is this about?

Hi!! I'm glad you're here! I don't like writing PTRs as much as TRs, so I'm always afraid they're dull and boring! But I'm kind of hooked on using them as a place to work out my plans and talk through them, so I always end up doing one!

That first trip was definitely amazing! There's no way it could ever be recreated, we got to do so many things.

I usually like using the luggage service with Magical Express. I've only ever had one not so great experience, which was in December...Two of our three suitcases arrived quickly, but MY suitcase (of course it was mine, lol!!) arrived really really late. The airline had destroyed it, the front pocket was all ripped up and it was wrapped like a mummy in plastic sheeting. My main hesitation for using it this trip is that I want to make sure have all of my hair/makeup products and stuff. Normally I can spread my liquids out among both kids and DH, but since I'm going alone, I'll have limited space in my liquids bag. I'm hoping I get precheck and I won't have to worry about it.

We've been lucky so far that our rooms have been ready, but we've never arrived as early as I'll be there this time around. If I have to leave my carry on backpack with bell services it won't be the end of the world, but after such an early morning and two flights, I'd love to be able to get in my room and get settled first.

Animal Kingdom at night is amazing! It's already pretty much tied with MK as my favorite park, but being there at night really moved it up even more. It's just gorgeous. All of the fun dancing and entertainment that they have in the evenings, the lights, and Tree of Life Awakenings (which is GORGEOUS). Also, Everest at night is a totally different experience and a lot of fun.

Great Moments in History with the Muppets is one of my favorite new things! In Liberty Square, the town crier comes out and announces them, and then the Muppets are in the upper windows of the buildings and they act out their version of moments in US history. We've seen the Declaration of Independence one, but there are a few different ones that they do. There's a schedule in the times guide, and I definitely recommend seeing at least one. It does get crowded in that area as the show progresses and people start to watch.

Happy Easter! I got a basket full of socks (literally) and then a few edible things (since I'm watching) and things to do on the plane for my trip! :) That poster sounds hilarious!!

You haven't seen Beauty and the Beast yet?! GO SEE IT! IT'S SO GOOD.

A basket of socks would be my husband's dream!!

The poster is super funny and totally his personality!

I still haven't seen it! I want to, so much, but when I think about how long it is I always back out. I'm not sure why, because I've been looking forward to it since it was announced. Who knows? I'm weird!!

Happy Easter! Sounds like the boys did well with the Easter Bunny! I'd like some of those gifts for myself. All the bunny brought us was a bag of caramilk eggs...which I've mostly eaten by now. :P

You absolutely should go see Beauty and the Beast!! I had a few critiques, both with singing and with some story things, which I won't go into since you haven't seen it, but I mostly loved it.

They did pretty good...considering the Easter Bunny kind of kept forgetting about Easter because she was so busy :rolleyes1 But we got it done in the end! There's not a lot of candy left around our house either...I kind of stress ate most of the jellybeans on Friday when I made up their baskets, lol!!

I really want to see it, but I keep avoiding it for some reason! It's been in our weekend plans since it opened, but by the time we are finished with the other things we have to do on the weekends, I always end up backing out. I don't know why! I wonder if it's some kind of subconscious thing, avoiding the live action movies. I avoided Cinderella too, and I was so excited for that one as well.

A basket of socks would be my husband's dream!!

The poster is super funny and totally his personality!

I still haven't seen it! I want to, so much, but when I think about how long it is I always back out. I'm not sure why, because I've been looking forward to it since it was announced. Who knows? I'm weird!!

I get the super soft bamboo socks from Dressbarn. I mismatch them because I can never find a matching pair when I need them, but oh well.

And you neeeed toooo. It does NOT feel long at all. It's so good. I've seen it twice and was so fascinated by it both times. And I really wasn't a fan of the original as an adult.

Let's take on Monday like...

Good morning everyone! Here's hoping we're all off to a good week.

Trip day is 13 days away!!

I ordered one more shirt yesterday from Main Street Press...it's kind of a consolation prize. I've been wanting their "Jambo means hello" shirt for a long time, I missed shop opening, and had to settle for a tank top instead of a t-shirt. It makes me nervous since there were no reviews in regards to sizing. Otherwise, I think I just need to pick up some more of the athletic capri leggings I got from Target last week (that I've become obsessed with, they're my new favorites!) and maybe some new flip flops, and I think I'm ready.

I can see the trip on the horizon as it creeps ever closer!

Since this trip is pretty much settled, I'm going to pause the talk about May for this post and talk through my October ADRs

Chapter Eleven: This is(n't) Halloween

Tomorrow is ADR day for the trip I'm taking in October with my mom. I don't want to muddle this PTR with a bunch of stuff about that trip (mostly because it is not very well planned at the moment!), but since the ADR day falls during the waiting game for May's trip, it's hard not to bring it up!

Right now we are booked at the Poly from 10/15 - 21, but because of flights, it looks like we'll have to get there on the 14th instead. Darn. An extra day. Let's cry about that.

The one negative is, it looks like we might have to do a split stay instead of the whole week at the Poly because of room availability. Right now, the plan is to split the week by starting at the Poly and moving to the Wilderness Lodge halfway through if we need to. I've been missing my Lodge, so this sounds great to me!! It should also be cheaper, because rooms at the Poly are pretty booked up for that week and I don't think I'll be able to get an AP discount for it...and I am a cheapskate, I don't want to pay Poly rack rate.

Four of the nights we'll be there are MNSSHP nights, but we're just planning to do one of them.

ADRs I'm going for tomorrow....

- Ohana dinner on our last night
- Beaches and Cream dinner on arrival night *maybe* I'm not going to get attached to this one, it just fits with one potential scenario.
- Sci Fi lunch
- Tusker House breakfast and lunch, will decide later which to keep. Maybe ROL package, but those are not coming out at 180 right now.

Any other reservations I'll make later, but these are the ones I want to make sure I try for right away. I was going to make a ppo CRT for our last park day, but it's a non-party night at MK and it has morning EMH.

I'm so grateful for the Touring Plans reservation finder, and I plan to use that to help me as I get more into the October planning. It's been waaaayyy at the bottom of my priority list, as you can probably tell from the wimpy ADR plans.

My mom has never been to WDW before, and when I talked to her about dining last night she was so excited. She wants us to have matching shirts, LOL! She is really fired up! But, that's a good thing, right?? We never spend much time together because we live in different places, so I hope we don't end up killing each other by the end of the trip.

Another boring update, but the next one will be another daily plan post, so maybe more exciting??

Have a great week, Friends!!

Trip day is 13 days away!!

I ordered one more shirt yesterday from Main Street Press...it's kind of a consolation prize. I've been wanting their "Jambo means hello" shirt for a long time, I missed shop opening, and had to settle for a tank top instead of a t-shirt. It makes me nervous since there were no reviews in regards to sizing. Otherwise, I think I just need to pick up some more of the athletic capri leggings I got from Target last week (that I've become obsessed with, they're my new favorites!) and maybe some new flip flops, and I think I'm ready.

I love those shirts! I actually liked one of the tanks better but wasn't sure about sizing either and all the tees were sold out so I told myseld I don't need another shirt...but I do like those Jambo ones a lot.

Right now we are booked at the Poly from 10/15 - 21, but because of flights, it looks like we'll have to get there on the 14th instead. Darn. An extra day. Let's cry about that.

So sad that you have to add an extra day :sad: :thumbsup2

and when I talked to her about dining last night she was so excited. She wants us to have matching shirts, LOL! She is really fired up! But, that's a good thing, right?? We never spend much time together because we live in different places, so I hope we don't end up killing each other by the end of the trip.

That sounds like a good thing! Matching shirts will be cute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter