Here I go again on my own...kind of. A June 2019 Solo-ish Trip Report *Updated 7/16/2020

Good morning!! It feels like forever since updating, and I know I need to do quotes, but I'm going to get out an update or two first!!

I hope everyone who celebrates had a happy 4th of July!!

Chapter Four Part Three

OK! Here we go!

When I left you I had made a last minute lunch reservation and switched around a Fast Pass to go along with it.

Kara guessed correctly!!

My fast pass was for Nemo - The lunch reservation was for 12:30 at Coral Reef, and the FP was 12:15 - 1:15. I figured I had *just* enough time to ride the ride then head over to eat. It was cutting it close, but doable!

I scanned in and the FP line was walking right into the merge point, and for a minute I was nervous about making this work! But after a couple of slow minutes where I started to doubt my plan, things started moving quickly again and I was swimming through the Big Blue World and made it over to Coral Reef with two minutes to spare.

Previously, this was as close as I'd ever even been to this restaurant. It's so tucked away over here in the corner. I've never had a huge desire to eat here. With everything available in the World Showcase, it's just never more than a blip on my radar.

BUT, as a huge Boy Meets World fan, I felt like I HAD to go there eventually, and why not now??

VJJ8HRp.gif

If it was a terrible experience, I'd be the only one dealing with it, and if it was great, then I could just call it a recon mission, right??

I checked in and was directed to wait on a series of sofas tucked along the wall. It was so pretty in there! I wasn't sure what I expected, but I liked all the sparkly stuff, LOL

I didn't have to wait very long before a CM and a trainee came over to get me and take me to my table. I was really hoping for an aquarium-side table...I thought chances might be high b/c I was by myself and would be seated at a two top, and those tend to be on the edges of dining rooms.

My assumptions were correct, and I was led to a two top right next to the aquarium!!

The server I had today seemed more comfortable with me being by myself than the guy from Skipper's. He was more awkward, but gave better service, so I guess it balanced out?? :rotfl:

EuUSu1P.gif

I ordered a margarita, I thought I'd remember exactly what it was, I think it was jalapeno lime something? It came out along with my bread and butter

The margarita had way too much sour mix in it and by the end of the meal I'd barely drank any of it :crazy2: I don't drink all that much, but when I do I sure don't waste it, LOL, so this drink got a huge thumbs down from me.

None of the entrees sounded like what I wanted on a hot day at 12:30pm, so I decided to go with an app and a side. The menu has changed since I was there, but wdwinfo still has the old one posted, so thankfully I can share the correct description of what I had.

I had the Seasonal House Salad (
Mixed Greens, Raspberry Vinaigrette, fresh Berries, Feta Cheese, Sunflower Brittle) and the Lobster Macaroni and Cheese (Tossed with Applewood-smoked Bacon, Baby Spinach, Peppadew Peppers, Herb Toasted Panko). At this time, the mac and cheese was NOT listed as an entree, but as a side/enhancement, for around $12ish.

I was surprised by how large the servings of each were - I don't think I managed to eat half of either. It was like a neverending bowl of food - no matter how much I kept eating, it was like more magically filled back in :rotfl:

The salad was pretty good - the greens and berries were very fresh (especially the berries, they were great), the feta was strangely bland (I love feta, this had barely any flavor), the dressing was pretty tart, and the star of the salad was the sunflower brittle. I would have eaten a whole plate of just the brittle, it was amazing.

The mac and cheese was fine. The lobster chunks were substantial, but the cheese sauce was just eh. Nothing really special, just some mac with lobster thrown in. If this was the entree size and priced at $33, there's no way I'd consider it worth it. But for a decently sized bowl as a side dish for $12, it was ok.

This was a great place to dine solo because I got to watch the fish in the aquarium, and of course, take awkward selfies :rotfl::rotfl:

Speaking of awkward...

Because I was alone, I was obviously sitting on one side of the table and the other chair was empty. This was apparently an invitation for people to come up while I was eating and move that chair to get to the aquarium to watch the fish and take pictures of their children. I mean, here I am scooping food into my mouth and it's like a parade of strangers joining me every few minutes.

Ok then, sure. I'm totally fine with that.

jrOwS1B.gif

So weird.

Anyway, I ate, I drank, and I finally got my server to understand that no, I did not want to take the yucky sour margarita with me in a to go cup (I didn't know this was an option - I've never had this offered to me before!!), and I walked back out into the bright daylight.

That was quite a transition - from the cool, dark restaurant back out into the world of sunshine and oppressive heat :rotfl:

My overall experience here was fine. I probably won't be back unless a similar scenario presents itself - but on this day, everything worked out perfectly and I think it was the right choice at the time. I would consider going and ordering an actual entree sometime, but I don't feel like it's anything I would seek out and book ahead of time, especially b/c you can't guarantee a table by the aquarium. But I'm glad I did it and don't regret my visit to Coral Reef.

On the way to my next location, I stopped to see a special friend

That would be as close as I'd get to Imagination on this trip, but I love Figment so much, and was happy to see his topiary still out and decorated from Flower and Garden.

My next stop was going to be Mouse Gears - I always like to see what's new and cute!! I said hello to Spaceship Earth

and then went to check out the Disney merch!

I love Mouse Gears. I feel like I see more unique things in here. (I also used to feel that way about the Big Top store in MK, but this time it was kind of blah. Mouse Gears however, did not disappoint)

Let's start Samantha's Tour of Merch by checking out this Monster's Inc hat!!

I would never wear this in a million years, but it was so cute, and I'd never seen it anywhere before.

I also loved this:

If you're going to carry a bottle opener around with you, make it an adorable one, right? This thing was heavy though, I can't imagine having that on my key ring.

Then there was this hoodie, that I became obsessed with, and took a picture of so I could come back and get it later

(and yes, I actually did go get it - it's so soft and fuzzy inside, I love it. My favorite purchase from the trip. After I saw it in Mouse Gears, I kept seeing people wearing t-shirts with the same color/print but I couldn't find them anywhere. I did immediately after buying the hoodie of course, LOL)

This Dole Whip hat never fails to make me shake my head in pure confusion:

It's fun I guess, but again, can't imagine wearing it. I never saw anyone with it the whole week...I feel like it would be hot and heavy.

And finally, I saw THE MINI BACKPACK. Why the caps?? Because it's the Loungefly bag with the VERY BEST PRINT EVER.

I love this print so much, but I know I would never use this bag. It also comes in a wristlet/wallet thing, but again, I'd never use it. I have a Disney Dooney wallet that DH bought me several years ago (the Best of Mickey print) that still looks almost new, and I never take it out of my purse. My wish was that they'd put it on a cross body or some type of something that would work for me...and my wish came true when I saw it would be released on the new designer series Minnie Ears. Yes, I 1000% plan to buy those!!

I finished my looking around, and bought a couple of small things you'll see later, and was finally ready to get over to the World Showcase.

The sky was looking ominous, and I was feeling a little nervous about how the rest of this day would go weather wise

If it was going to be a wet afternoon, I knew I needed to hurry over to WS - at least once you're there, you can dash between countries fairly easily during a lull in the rain!!

That's it for now!! Next time join me on my trip around the world!!

Last edited:
Glad you had a decent experience at Coral Reef! Very cool that you got a table right by the aquarium...not so cool that people were invading your space!

So many cute items in Mouse Gears!!

Lobster Macaroni and Cheese (Tossed with Applewood-smoked Bacon, Baby Spinach, Peppadew Peppers, Herb Toasted Panko)
This sounds good. Bummer that it didn't taste better.

I got to watch the fish in the aquarium, and of course, take awkward selfies :rotfl::rotfl:
I would do this too :rotfl:

This was apparently an invitation for people to come up while I was eating and move that chair to get to the aquarium to watch the fish and take pictures of their children.
Awkward...:confused:

Then there was this hoodie, that I became obsessed with, and took a picture of so I could come back and get it later
Cute!

If it was going to be a wet afternoon, I knew I needed to hurry over to WS - at least once you're there, you can dash between countries fairly easily during a lull in the rain!!
We've done WS in the rain many times

I saw that hoodie after I bought the shirt with the same print! haha I loveeee the shirt but I kinda want the hoodie too! Especially if its soft!

Those skies look super ominous lol

BUT, as a huge Boy Meets World fan, I felt like I HAD to go there eventually, and why not now??

And Full House too!

I don't drink all that much, but when I do I sure don't waste it, LOL,

Lol I understand it has to be so bad to not drink it :rotfl:

This was apparently an invitation for people to come up while I was eating and move that chair to get to the aquarium to watch the fish and take pictures of their children. I mean, here I am scooping food into my mouth and it's like a parade of strangers joining me every few minutes.

Ugh, I would hate that!

When I first saw that hat I was like it looks like the poop emoji... :laughing:

I love this print so much, but I know I would never use this bag.

That's my struggle with the Loungefly bags! But I used the Guardians one so I decided I could buy the Aristocats one I'd been eyeing at Boxlunch.

I was swimming through the Big Blue World and made it over to Coral Reef with two minutes to spare.

Perfect timing!

That's about the only reason I want to eat at Coral Reef still!

My assumptions were correct, and I was led to a two top right next to the aquarium!!

Awesome!

This was apparently an invitation for people to come up while I was eating and move that chair to get to the aquarium to watch the fish and take pictures of their children. I mean, here I am scooping food into my mouth and it's like a parade of strangers joining me every few minutes.

Ugh why! I will never understand people.

I did not want to take the yucky sour margarita with me in a to go cup (I didn't know this was an option - I've never had this offered to me before!!),

That would've been a great option if you enjoyed the drink! Although, if you enjoyed it there wouldn't be any left to go prob...

Glad you had a decent experience at Coral Reef! Very cool that you got a table right by the aquarium...not so cool that people were invading your space!

So many cute items in Mouse Gears!!

Your report with your meal there was part of the draw for me, and I'm glad I went. It was so awkward when people would come up to my table, though!!

Every time I go in there I find so many things I want!!

This sounds good. Bummer that it didn't taste better.

I would do this too :rotfl:

Awkward...:confused:

Cute!

We've done WS in the rain many times

It was one of those things that had potential. I feel like if it had been on the side of a steak, it might have been better. I guess that sounds weird, but I feel like that would have made a difference? It wasn't bad by any means, but just not mind blowing.

LOL, I was trying to be quick and not obvious and send that to my husband to show him my table...every time I take a picture like that I am NEVER looking in the right place. Awkward selfies are my specialty :rotfl:

It was so weird!! It's the solo thing, I swear, b/c you know people wouldn't be doing that if there had been someone sitting in the other chair.

WS is a decent safe zone in the rain! If I"m going to get caught somewhere, it's a good place!!

I saw that hoodie after I bought the shirt with the same print! haha I loveeee the shirt but I kinda want the hoodie too! Especially if its soft!

Those skies look super ominous lol

That's so funny!! I almost got the t-shirt anyway, but then I picked a different one on my last night. The hoodie is super soft fleece inside - sometimes Disney hoodies are heavy and not very soft (at least the ones I have from a few years ago), but this one is cozy!

The sky was so dark! I knew nothing good was coming from that, lol

And Full House too!

Lol I understand it has to be so bad to not drink it :rotfl:

Ugh, I would hate that!

When I first saw that hat I was like it looks like the poop emoji... :laughing:

That's my struggle with the Loungefly bags! But I used the Guardians one so I decided I could buy the Aristocats one I'd been eyeing at Boxlunch.

Yes! I remember that from Full House. Boy Meets World was like my personal dream though, LOL!!!! That whole episode is ridiculous and just so far from what would actually happen - I love it :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

It was so bad. I think that's why I didn't really like the one from Baseline we had at DHS - the sour mix was giving me flashbacks from the one at Coral Reef - but it was drinkable, the coral reef one was just :crazy2:

It was so annoying. I just want to eat my salad alone with some sharks and turtles, ok?? I don't want your kid climbing on the chair at my table. How does that occur to someone to be ok, anyway?? I should have gone and sat at their table.

LOL, it does!

The aristocats print one is so cute!

Perfect timing!

That's about the only reason I want to eat at Coral Reef still!

Awesome!

Ugh why! I will never understand people.

That would've been a great option if you enjoyed the drink! Although, if you enjoyed it there wouldn't be any left to go prob...

I was feeling pretty proud of myself for making that work, lol. Although the initial slowness at Nemo had me panicked...it was literally only two or three minutes of not moving, but it felt like an eternity, b/c of the way the line snakes through all the switchbacks.

Cory and Topanga's love could transcend all logical Disney-ness :rotfl::rotfl: the atmosphere inside is nice, they do a good job capturing that under water feel.

It was so weird - can you imagine if I'd walked over to their table to do the same? It was at least three different groups sending kids over to look at the aquarium and take family photos. In the picture with the table setting, you can see how narrow the space is between the chair and the server behind it helping the table in front of mine, so it was just very awkward.

Right?? That was my thinking - if it was good, I'd have loved to take it, but also, if it was good, I'd have drank it :confused3 Maybe that's why I didn't know it was an option - I'd never had any leftover drink before, LOL

Happy Wednesday! Congratulations on making it halfway through the week!

Am I congratulating you or myself?? :confused3 Why not both?

Tonight my oldest kiddo and I are going to a concert - Young the Giant with Fitz and the Tantrums. I don't mind the Young the Giant part, but it's not my first choice for a show. At least we have seats - mama doesn't do lawn :rotfl::rotfl:All I can think about is Fitz and the Tantrums and the stuff they did on the Disney holiday parks television shows last December. It's basically erased anything I knew or felt about them before that and ruined it, lol. Hopefully it'll be a good show. Coin is opening, and X is excited about all three bands, so that's what counts!

Ok, trip report time!

Chapter Four Part Four

I was excited for my first real taste of the World Showcase of the trip. I'm not counting the rope drop from the morning, or the quick visit to Norway to hang out with Elsa and Co.

Check out this view!

This was just before 2pm I think, and there are no people in this shot. My past two trips have been over the New Year holiday, so it's been a loooong time since I've had a truly low crowd experience here in the middle of the day.

I like to start in Mexico, and today was no exception

It was cloudy but very warm, and I had my eye on Choza de Margarita for a post-Mexico pavilion stop. The margaritas might be premixed in a slushie machine, but I knew it would be better than the sour nightmare from Coral Reef. But I was thinking the weather might have other plans for me!

Why worry, though?? I had a country to explore.

The Mexico pavilion is one of my top three favorites, I think. I feel ready to commit to that, lol.

Based on amount of time I want to spend here, overall atmosphere, and the Fiesta Tour :rotfl:

And also based on concha ears ::yes::

We have a lot of Mexican bakeries where I live, so I'm pretty well versed on the sweet rolls of deliciousness. Some are definitely superior to others, but these ears take the cuteness cake!

If you know me, you know i hold the Gran Fiesta Tour in high regard - today it was my ultimate goal after I'd checked out everything in the marketplace - but then I saw something I needed to take advantage of:

Sorry for the blur, but the LINE WAS EMPTY. I didn't bother finishing my "I want to buy all of these things but how will I safely get my Katrina doll home without destroying her arms" trip through the shopping area and just ran into the line. Or non-line, I guess!!

The non-line didn't last, a bunch of us noticed it was empty at the same time, and soon the boats were filling up and we were off to chase Donald around Mexico

After exiting the ride, I was like yes! Margarita time! But then I noticed that the pavilion was much more crowded than when I had arrived. And everyone was wearing ponchos, or taking them off and shaking water all over everything. And everyone. Nothing like being safe inside from a downpour and then having an entire family shake their wet, dirty, plastic ponchos out onto you. It's so nice and considerate :rolleyes:

the picture doesn't quite capture the ferocity of the rain, but WOW, it was pouring.

After checking the radar, I realized I was not going to get that margarita after all. Choza was out because of the rain, and La Cava was out because the line was winding out the door and onto the steps from the entrance above. So what to do when a lull in the rain is nowhere in sight and the line for alcohol is longer than Test Track at noon on a Saturday??

Wheeee!! Fiesta round two!! Viva Donald!!

(and hello hidden Mickey!)

I mean, why not? I hit the line before all the rain poncho clad masses, so it worked out well, and by the time I was finished, I decided the rain had slowed enough for me to make a dash to a new country.

My next stop was the perfect place for a rainy day:

Indoor movie, indoor shopping, indoor Shanghai display. Thank you China pavilion!!

The ceiling inside the temple is just as beautiful as the rest of it...one of the most beautiful pavilions in the entire World Showcase. Actually, maybe the most beautiful. Only Morocco comes close for me as second place, based purely on aesthetics.

I watched the movie first, because it was getting ready to begin. I always enjoy these movies, and I'm excited to see the new one debut.
The best part of a solo trip for me is spending so much time in the World Showcase. None of my family minds - in fact, it's one of our favorite ways to spend time in WDW, but no one wants to take things *quite* as slowly as I like to when I'm on my own.

After the movie I went to look around the shop for awhile, and sent this picture to DH:

it reminded me of home (the university mascot) and of him, because he likes pigs and I think they're creepy:rotfl:

I also spent some time admiring Buddha, and feeling like I needed to take some queues from him and just chill already. I may have some issues with relaxing :rolleyes1

The rain wasn't showing any signs of slowing down, so I ran over to the Shanghai Disney exhibit. I don't think I'd been there since my previous solo trip in 2017, so I thought I'd go see it again.

I paid some attention to the Tron stuff, since we'll be getting our own version before much longer. It's strange to think of Tomorrowland expanding - Magic Kingdom growing isn't a bad thing, it just seems kind of surreal, since New Fantasyland was primarily created within existing space, so having the Tron coaster pop up over there in the corner of Tomorrowland feels very exciting and strange to me. (I also overthink, can you tell??)

Mickey is looking like he means business, folks!! We're taking this cash cow into the future, so hang on tight!!

I was checking out the cast member costuming for Shanghai, and this one in particular caught my eye:

Louise. Ok. I'm curious about how this particular name was chosen, because it just struck me as sort of funny. I don't know how many people in Shanghai, Asian or otherwise, have the name Louise currently?? I just don't feel like it's going to be the most common. I'm sure it was picked b/c of a person related to the designer, like how animators and artists throw in personal names/references, but at the time it just seemed ridiculously funny.
Hey, it was raining! I was stuck inside, give me a break :rotfl2:

I tore myself away from the Issue of Louise, and moved on to my VERY favorite thing about Shanghai Disneyland:

Woolley!! I love him. He needs to come here and be OUR mascot. I want a stuffed one!

Keeping the animal theme, I also really loved the Stone Guardians

And these cool little Steampunk buddies from the Alice in Wonderland maze

I like the squirrel in particular b/c he is unlikely to leap onto my foot and/or give me rabies

That's just always a plus in my book!

The end of the museum takes you back to where you wait for the Circle Vision movie, so with one last look at the amazing woodwork

I decided the rain had slowed enough for me to keep traveling around the world

My next update will be a few more stops around the World, a snack, and some quality time with guest services. See you then!!

I feel old cuz I've never heard of any of the bands you're going to see :rotfl: Hope you and your son have a good time!

Too bad you couldn't get your margarita but it must've been nice to explore the WS pavilions at your own pace.

Enjoy the concert!!

You were lucky being inside when the rain hit! A perfect excuse to ride Gran Fiesta Tour 2x!!

I feel like China pavillion is one I neglect, I need to spend more time there!

I'm glad you had a mostly good experience at Coral Reef (minus the yucky margarita). That is one restaurant I have little desire to visit again - after a REALLY long wait to be seated, a rude waiter, and pretty gross food, the other Epcot restaurants are much more appealing. I may have to give it another try if my daughter ends up being a major aquarium fan.

Super cute stuff at Mouse Gears! I love the sweatshirt!

I love when I manage to be in or near an indoor pavilion when I get stuck in the rain! I think two trips on the Gran Fiesta Tour was the right move. China is a great second stop - I agree that the pavilion is beautiful!

I had the Seasonal House Salad (Mixed Greens, Raspberry Vinaigrette, fresh Berries, Feta Cheese, Sunflower Brittle) and the Lobster Macaroni and Cheese (Tossed with Applewood-smoked Bacon, Baby Spinach, Peppadew Peppers, Herb Toasted Panko). At this time, the mac and cheese was NOT listed as an entree, but as a side/enhancement, for around $12ish.

This looks perfect for a lunch. I want to go here but there are soooo many places in EPCOT to try, and this is at the bottom of the list.

Louise. Ok. I'm curious about how this particular name was chosen, because it just struck me as sort of funny. I don't know how many people in Shanghai, Asian or otherwise, have the name Louise currently??
So, Morgan had a friend at the day care who's family was from China. And they had STRANGE names, over time I got to know them, and finally asked them. They said that there names don't translate to English, so they basically just picked names they thought sounded good. So, maybe Louise is a popular name in China for us English speaking folks?

That would be fun to have a meal with a view!
Let's start Samantha's Tour of Merch by checking out this Monster's Inc hat!!

Everytime I see this at Disneyland, I have to pet the fluffiness!
And finally, I saw THE MINI BACKPACK. Why the caps?? Because it's the Loungefly bag with the VERY BEST PRINT EVER.

I know - so cute!
My wish was that they'd put it on a cross body or some type of something that would work for me...and my wish came true when I saw it would be released on the new designer series Minnie Ears. Yes, I 1000% plan to buy those!!
Me too! I hope it doesn't break the bank!
I tore myself away from the Issue of Louise, and moved on to my VERY favorite thing about Shanghai Disneyland:

Woolley!! I love him. He needs to come here and be OUR mascot. I want a stuffed one!
I've never heard of him before! You'll have to remind me to look out for him in the fall!

Starting to catch up again!

While I was in the process of checking in, a guy came over to the desk. He was very, very intoxicated. He kept interrupting the woman trying to help me. He kept saying he'd lost his room key, and he didn't know where his girlfriend was. His girlfriend walked by and found him, and he said, "Oh, she's my key" and began laughing hysterically and wandered away.

Oh my god! Wow.

A few seconds later he came back, proudly sporting a gray magic band and informing anyone who would listen that his girlfriend gave him "this bracelet thing", and then would proceed to shove it in people's faces asking "What the heck (edited for content, LOL) am I supposed to do with THIS thing? She gave me this thing, what the HECK am I supposed to do with it?!?"

Holy cow! This guy's a hoot! I hope there weren't any young families subject to his antics, but this is pretty funny...

Of course they get in the elevator with me.

It just keeps getting better!!!

The guy is trying to do that drunk whisper thing that comes out as a raspy semi-shout, and says, "I'm sorry, I've had a lot of liquor today." Then he shows ME his pretty gray bracelet (magic band), and explains to me how his girlfriend gave it to him, and WHAT the HECK is he supposed to do with this thing??

:rotfl: :rotfl:

He then looks at me and suddenly shouts, "WHERE'S your mouse EARS?? You're not in UNIFORM"

xDkAqh0.gif

I assured him I had several pair in my suitcase, and not to worry, I'd be in uniform soon :rotfl::rotfl:

:rotfl2: Oh my gawd!

And my beautiful, beautiful bed:

What luxury!! The whole room looked very nice and clean. Though I hope you got the bed situation sorted out before Raeven arrived.

Why the backup?? People just cannot comprehend that you can use both tappy things to tap in for your FP. People also don't understand how time works. If you show up half an hour early for your pass, you are NOT going to be let in.

Ooooh boy. I don't know why this is a thing.

The people sharing the log with me were already in THEIR Laughing Place. The woman in front of me in particular was very enthusiastic. At one point she dipped her cooling neck towel into the water and proceeded to snap it over and over again. I was just sure it was going to stop the ride or something (you always hear about people touching the water or reaching out of the log and triggering a stop, I was being extra paranoid)

Oh no!! I'd be paranoid, too! I've definitely had CMs tell me before about how the sensors on the ride can cause it to stop if someone reaches out of the boat. I'm not sure how often it happens, but I'd be paranoid too!

Ugh, so adorable and hilarious!! All four of us loved his show.

Yay! I'm glad Trevor Noah was a hit! He's so funny. His autobiography is also one of the best audiobooks I've ever listened to, though it was tough at times because of the content.

I didn't buy anything, although I know I contemplated the Kingdom of Cute and Small World mystery boxes.

I'm thinking I want to try to finish the first Kingdom of Cute series. I have 4/8 of them, so I've been itching to complete it. I may end up buying a couple boxes when we go next month. So cute!!

I felt a little guilty ordering alcohol in the Magic Kingdom

7LLz36B.gif

:rotfl:

I could tell my server wasn't thrilled with having me as his guest, he was barely phoning it in with me, and much more friendly to his other tables. Maybe because I ordered an appetizer as my meal?? But I also ordered a drink AND told him I'd be getting dessert.

I hate when that happens. I hope that wasn't the reason. Maybe he was socially awkward and uncomfortable with keeping the banter going with a solo diner or something. But I don't like it when you can tell a server isn't happy that your bill will be inexpensive. Not cool. Sorry the server interaction wasn't up to standard at Skipper's this time!

Skipper's has become a Magic Kingdom staple for me, and has really become one of my top choices for table service.

For me, too! I don't have it booked for our August trip, and that feels strange.

I mean, who wouldn't want to live where they had this view everyday?

I certainly would like to live where I had this view. I wish that could be arranged...

Yes, I bring cup cozies with me to WDW. I actually keep them all around at home - one in my car, one in my purse, and one in the storage compartment of our sectional - I don't like drippy iced take out drinks, and hot cups burn my hands. Don't judge :rotfl::rotfl:

Oh my goodness, this is so cute! And a good idea. :) I love the castle cozy.

She said, "It's Peter Pan and the Man!", which also cracked me and several others around us up. It sounded like a 70s tv show, LOL.

:laughing:

after the CM came to make us repeat a few rules ("I promise I will not run. I promise I will have a great day. I promise I WILL NOT RUN"), she set us free to enter the park and people were just blowing by me.

Ughh. Shocking, really. Sometimes I feel bad for CMs who must just feel like they're wasting their breath with people.

There was another sweet little girl in line behind me with her mom who took a liking to me, and chatted me up as we walked through the line. She said, "Maybe we'll be in the same boat!" and when we WERE in the same boat, she was very excited, LOL.

This is so cute!! You made a new little friend. I love the enthusiasm of little ones.

And she laughed so hard, in the way that only little girls around four years old can laugh.

:lovestruc I know this laugh!! It's one of the adorable little things that made an my difficult internship experience with preschool kids this spring much more enjoyable.

This is so cute!

a family had lined up behind the photographer and when I walked over to have my magic band scanned, they asked me if I wanted to borrow their kids for the day, lol. I said no! I left my own at home :rotfl:

I didn't have the heart to tell DH I'd apparently replaced him, LOL!!

Your new hubby is cute!

I also admired the sunflowers. I want to plant some along our fence on one side, but again, I never get around to it.

I love sunflowers. I tried to plant some here a few years ago, but we had a nasty slug problem and they were all eaten up by slugs before they even grew more than a couple of inches.

I briefly considered signing up for the Behind the Seeds tour, but the guy at the desk looked grumpy, and I didn't want to deal with that, so I passed. One day I will do that tour!

It's a neat tour! Maybe someday it'll work out for you.

I love the Africa part the most, with the grassy scent.

Me too! I thought I was the only one!

So where was my last minute surprise lunch?? Find out next time!!

The suspense is killing me...

My fast pass was for Nemo - The lunch reservation was for 12:30 at Coral Reef, and the FP was 12:15 - 1:15.

Oh, never mind. Now I know.

Cool! Not a bad place to check out at the last minute.

Yes!!! Between this and Full House, I always wanted to go here, too.

I would never wear this in a million years, but it was so cute, and I'd never seen it anywhere before.

:hyper: This is my favourite thing! Like you, not that I'd actually wear it. But it's so cute! And Sulley is my fave.

I don't know how many people in Shanghai, Asian or otherwise, have the name Louise currently?? I just don't feel like it's going to be the most common. I'm sure it was picked b/c of a person related to the designer, like how animators and artists throw in personal names/references, but at the time it just seemed ridiculously funny.

:laughing: I don't know about Shanghai specifically, but my aunt has taught English in China since I was a kid, and typically the students just chose their "English names" based on what they liked. And sometimes the English names they chose were names that would sound pretty funny. But my favourite story is the high-school guy who got up in her class, not knowing that it was a woman's name, and proclaimed that he would like his English name to be Jennifer. The other kids who knew started laughing and he was so confused. Eventually, my aunt told him that Jennifer is typically a woman's name, and he blushed and said, "oh...I will be Bob."

I scanned in and the FP line was walking right into the merge point, and for a minute I was nervous about making this work! But after a couple of slow minutes where I started to doubt my plan, things started moving quickly again and I was swimming through the Big Blue World and made it over to Coral Reef with two minutes to spare.
Glad it all worked out!
Nice!
The margarita had way too much sour mix in it and by the end of the meal I'd barely drank any of it :crazy2: I don't drink all that much, but when I do I sure don't waste it, LOL, so this drink got a huge thumbs down from me.
I would have sent it back to be made properly...those are expensive drinks to be be messed up like that. Your waiter didn't ask you why you weren't drinking it?
I had the Seasonal House Salad (Mixed Greens, Raspberry Vinaigrette, fresh Berries, Feta Cheese, Sunflower Brittle) and the Lobster Macaroni and Cheese (Tossed with Applewood-smoked Bacon, Baby Spinach, Peppadew Peppers, Herb Toasted Panko). At this time, the mac and cheese was NOT listed as an entree, but as a side/enhancement, for around $12ish.
The salad looks great!
Because I was alone, I was obviously sitting on one side of the table and the other chair was empty. This was apparently an invitation for people to come up while I was eating and move that chair to get to the aquarium to watch the fish and take pictures of their children. I mean, here I am scooping food into my mouth and it's like a parade of strangers joining me every few minutes.
Seriously?? I would not enjoy that at all! We ate at Coral Reef once back in 2009 and it was not a favourite. We haven't been back since.
That would be as close as I'd get to Imagination on this trip, but I love Figment so much, and was happy to see his topiary still out and decorated from Flower and Garden.

My next stop was going to be Mouse Gears - I always like to see what's new and cute!! I said hello to Spaceship Earth
I can't beleive I didn't make it into Mouse Gears once this trip.....
I love it!!!!!!!!
This was just before 2pm I think, and there are no people in this shot. My past two trips have been over the New Year holiday, so it's been a loooong time since I've had a truly low crowd experience here in the middle of the day.
Gorgeous picture!
If you know me, you know i hold the Gran Fiesta Tour in high regard - today it was my ultimate goal after I'd checked out everything in the marketplace - but then I saw something I needed to take advantage of:
:)
Nothing like being safe inside from a downpour and then having an entire family shake their wet, dirty, plastic ponchos out onto you. It's so nice and considerate :rolleyes:
Other humans are so lovely.....
Indoor movie, indoor shopping, indoor Shanghai display. Thank you China pavilion!!

The ceiling inside the temple is just as beautiful as the rest of it...one of the most beautiful pavilions in the entire World Showcase. Actually, maybe the most beautiful. Only Morocco comes close for me as second place, based purely on aesthetics.
I need to check this out next trip.
Louise. Ok. I'm curious about how this particular name was chosen, because it just struck me as sort of funny. I don't know how many people in Shanghai, Asian or otherwise, have the name Louise currently?? I just don't feel like it's going to be the most common. I'm sure it was picked b/c of a person related to the designer, like how animators and artists throw in personal names/references, but at the time it just seemed ridiculously funny.
We have a lot of Asian families at my school and I was told they often pick an English name that sounds close to their name in Mandarin or Cantonese.

It was so annoying. I just want to eat my salad alone with some sharks and turtles, ok?? I don't want your kid climbing on the chair at my table. How does that occur to someone to be ok, anyway?? I should have gone and sat at their table.

It's so annoying. People are just rude sometimes, and inconsiderate of people around them. Like on dark buses at night when they take flash photos of their family. You should have omg :lmao:

The aristocats print one is so cute!

I have since bought it! :rotfl:

It was cloudy but very warm, and I had my eye on Choza de Margarita for a post-Mexico pavilion stop.

I want to go there in Sep! I've never been there.

The rain wasn't showing any signs of slowing down, so I ran over to the Shanghai Disney exhibit. I don't think I'd been there since my previous solo trip in 2017, so I thought I'd go see it again.

I want to see this too!

I like the squirrel in particular b/c he is unlikely to leap onto my foot and/or give me rabies

I love reading about people's solo WDW trips, because it's a far-off wish for me to spend a few days in the parks by myself. I know this wasn't supposed to be a solo trip, and if it were me I'd be dealing with a bit of sadness that I wasn't getting time with my husband. But all that rambling is to say that you seem to making the best of your Epcot day and doing all the things you enjoy. Your spontaneous Coral Reef lunch, especially, was great. With the exception of everyone and their brother sidling up to your empty chair to look through the glass. Yikes...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!