Here comes the Slow Pass - Updated 5/27 Final Meal and Wrap up

Epcot!

My only real goal originally when I added this day was the Frozen ride because I didn't really have it fitting in anywhere else. Spoiler I ended up booking the Frozen desert party the following night, so we were going to get to do it twice!

We headed to the park and activated our annual passes!!! This was really exciting for me, we got extremely lucky, we had purchased the vouchers the day they announced there would be SWGE previews for pass holders, the next day the prices of passes went up, so I feel like we got a deal.. Disney math for ya!

The plan was to grab food in world showcase, and to be honest, it was a bit of a disaster. I was all for winging it and it was not great. We went right when we arrived via international the way. And ended up eating in Mexico.... so you know that was fun. We walked the whole world showcase... the pizza window in Italy was closed, the American quick service was closed (obviously my planning failed me a bit here), a lot of the other stands had snack type food but we were hungry and hadn't really eaten since gross airport food around 1. So we went to Mexico!

The food in Mexico ended up being pretty good (or we were just really hungry?) and put us in a decent location for our Frozen FP. I would tell you what we got but i don't have pictures so just imagine standard Mexican quick service and two margaritas I needed a drink!

After that we used our Frozen FP shortly before 8.

We scanned into our FP and Maren insisted on walking and only holding Dillons hand. People came up behind us and I said sorry we brought the slow pass with us and let them pass. Dillon found this horrible mom joke hysterical and starting calling Maren the slow pass. She would say here comes the slow pass all the time, and still does when we are out doing stuff. There you have it the earliest trip report title explanation ever! Update 2, first day! We can all go home now :)

I swear the kids made it on the ride too! Dillon was insistent we do not ride in the front row, last time she got wet and apparently this was a problem... coming from the girl who all she wants to do is ride Splash 🤷‍♀️

Got to get some pics with my troll! How I miss Maelstrom.

Then we met Anna and Elsa, this was a good meet and not a horribly long wait maybe 15/20 minutes? We chatted with the group behind us when ever we are waiting i encourage Dillon to talk to the other kids, and people around us, so if you ever see us chat us up! It makes the time go faster and less complaining!

Apparently Elsa is Marens thing!

Then we took a quick spin on the Three Caballeros ride, i don't think i had ever been on it before. My Dad says i have but i don't recall it. So it was fun. Dillon wanted to go again but when we got off it was shut for the night. We had just made it.

We caught the end of illuminations and took a nice walk back to the hotel.

We were going against the grain at one point since we wanted to exit via international gateway, and this woman started to get a bit aggressive with us since she didn’t want to break her chain of 5 people walking out. I get it you don’t want to lose anyone, really I do, but a chain 5 deep walking diagonal as you exit isn’t safe, or helpful for anyone. I just stepped back and let them go. Luckily I don’t think we got yelled at again this trip, got it all out on day 1!

We got back around 930 maybe? Bath and bed, ready for a big day tomorrow!

Overall I thought we had a pretty successful night and was really happy with this start!

Up Next Hollywood Studios!

Last edited:
I was all for winging it and it was not great. We went right when we arrived via international the way. And ended up eating in Mexico.... so you know that was fun.

Ugh, my computer is acting up and posted before I had a chance to type replies! Of course this would happen... I didn't know about the pizza window in Italy or would have tried that for my girls last time. We ended up eating in Mexico too!

The food in Mexico ended up being pretty good (or we were just really hungry?) and put us in a decent location for our Frozen FP. I would tell you what we got but i don't have pictures so just imagine standard Mexican quick service and two margaritas I needed a drink!

I really liked the QS in Mexico! I would eat there again.

People came up behind us and I said sorry we brought the slow pass with us and let them pass. Dillon found this horrible mom joke hysterical and starting calling Maren the slow pass. She would say here comes the slow pass all the time, and still does when we are out doing stuff.

Too cute! Older sisters are the best, right?

I swear the kids made it in the ride too! Dillon was insistent we do not ride in the front row, last time she got wet and apparently this was a problem... coming from the girl who all she wants to go is ride Splash 🤷‍♀️

My oldest daughter STILL remembers getting splashed on this ride when she turned 3, two years ago. For the longest time she would tell people, "Anna and Elsa splashed my face!" So we also hide them in the back now in order to get her on the ride.

We chatted with the group behind us when ever we are waiting i encourage Dillon to talk to the other kids, and people around us, so if you ever see us chat us up! It makes the time go faster and less complaining!

I always love chatting with people in line too, it definitely makes the time go faster!

Ugh, my computer is acting up and posted before I had a chance to type replies! Of course this would happen... I didn't know about the pizza window in Italy or would have tried that for my girls last time. We ended up eating in Mexico too!

Computer problems pretty much defines the pizza window is open again, which was the plan but then it was closed... I obviously missed the mark on my research there!

I really liked the QS in Mexico! I would eat there again.

I agree I would eat here again!

Too cute! Older sisters are the best, right?

when she wants to be haha!

My oldest daughter STILL remembers getting splashed on this ride when she turned 3, two years ago. For the longest time she would tell people, "Anna and Elsa splashed my face!" So we also hide them in the back now in order to get her on the ride.

Yeah she was 3 when it happened too! Maybe It’s the age :rotfl:

I always love chatting with people in line too, it definitely makes the time go faster!

Agreed! I’m always like talk to these kids, people probably think I’m crazy... which I may be 🤣

Sounds like a good night, especially considering you just arrived!

Love the story behind the TR title :rotfl:

Thanks! It was a pretty good arrival night!

It took me way to long to think of it!

Sounds like a great first day! I love the story behind your title - your slow pass is super cute!

Thank you! She will forever be known as the slow pass poor kid😆

The walk back to IG is TOUGH at park closing!! I learned that the hard way too. And me, my Mom and Calista were all walking single file against the edge of the walkway and we STILL had people trying to barrel into us lol

I think the QS in Mexico is my favorite! Although still rough ending up there when you begun from the other end lol. I do love walking out of Epcot slowly at park close, it's neat just strolling WS but hard going against the grain. When we've stayed at an Epcot resort we'll often walk the long way around WS so we're kind of walking with the crowd? Then just go past Canada and the U.K. again to head out. But it's a walk for sure!

Trying to find food for 4 people can turn into a whole ordeal sometimes. Sorry you had to make the great circle around WS to get some dinner!
Here comes the slow pass...I feel like that's my mantra with Evie. She's sooo slow. Odds are pretty good I might steal this saying during our next Disney trip. :rotfl2:

Five people across just sounds dangerous. They might have been able to get away with it in Epcot, but guarantee that caused issues over in the MK on Main Street. :sad2:

We headed to the park and activated our annual passes!!! This was really exciting for me, we got extremely lucky, we had purchased the vouchers the day they announced there would be SWGE previews for pass holders, the next day the prices of passes went up, so I feel like we got a deal.. Disney math for ya!
Wow, you all really got lucky. I'm sure we'll get APs again at some point but the price increase really is insane.

We walked the whole world showcase... the pizza window in Italy was closed, the American quick service was closed (obviously my planning failed me a bit here), a lot of the other stands had snack type food but we were hungry and hadn't really eaten since gross airport food around 1. So we went to Mexico!
Wonder why everything was closed? Though I'm always happy to eat Mexican food

We scanned into our FP and Maren insisted on walking and only holding Dillons hand. People came up behind us and I said sorry we brought the slow pass with us and let them pass. Dillon found this horrible mom joke hysterical and starting calling Maren the slow pass. She would say here comes the slow pass all the time, and still does when we are out doing stuff. There you have it the earliest trip report title explanation ever! Update 2, first day! We can all go home now :)
OMG this picture is adorable but then the slow pass :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Something tells me poor Maren is never going to live that down.

Then we took a quick spin on the Three Caballeros ride, i don't think i had ever been on it before. My Dad says i have but i don't recall it.
Blasphemy!!!!!!!! How can that be?

I think the QS in Mexico is my favorite! Although still rough ending up there when you begun from the other end lol. I do love walking out of Epcot slowly at park close, it's neat just strolling WS but hard going against the grain. When we've stayed at an Epcot resort we'll often walk the long way around WS so we're kind of walking with the crowd? Then just go past Canada and the U.K. again to head out. But it's a walk for sure!

I did like the Mexican quick service, i just wish i had planned for that to being with instead of walking the whole thing while hungry.. Next time next time.....

I think next time we would take the long way for sure, it isn't worth the stress!

Trying to find food for 4 people can turn into a whole ordeal sometimes. Sorry you had to make the great circle around WS to get some dinner!
Here comes the slow pass...I feel like that's my mantra with Evie. She's sooo slow. Odds are pretty good I might steal this saying during our next Disney trip. :rotfl2:

Five people across just sounds dangerous. They might have been able to get away with it in Epcot, but guarantee that caused issues over in the MK on Main Street. :sad2:

haha! You should it is a pretty good nick name!

It def was not safe that's for sure, i hope they made it out ok, but i bet they had a few other 'run' ins before they made the exit.

Hi! Joining in and I can't wait to hear more. Sounds like things are off to a great start!

Welcome! So far so good! I was not disappointed!

Wow, you all really got lucky. I'm sure we'll get APs again at some point but the price increase really is insane.

So lucky, and I'm happy we got them, but chances are not going to renew next year...

Wonder why everything was closed? Though I'm always happy to eat Mexican food

I know the american QS is under referb, but it was just odd... but i agree Mexican is never a bad choice, and it was a decent meal so i was happy, and Margarita so you know

OMG this picture is adorable but then the slow pass :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Something tells me poor Maren is never going to live that down.

Thank you! Nope i have a feeling this one will stick around a while!

Blasphemy!!!!!!!! How can that be?

I know right! But all is right in the world now that i have been on it!

Trying to get in one more update before our adult only adventure! (Feel free time follow along on Instagram @laurenalexis6)

To Hollywood studios we go

We were up and suncreening up around 7:45.

We walked to Hollywood Studios for our 8:30 Hollywood and Vine Breakfast.

Food was fine and pretty standard, Dillon is really into characters, and loves Fancy Nancy and Vamparina so I felt this was a good way to knock them out. We also have always had pretty good interactions here. (In march 2018 our best interaction all trip was a dinner here!). This was no different.

First up Was Doc, then Fancy Nancy, Followed by Vamparina, and then Goofy!

Fancy Nancy chatted with us about Paris for a while, and was a lot of fun. Vamparina was fun too but I don't remember what we talked about, Goofy and Doc were good as well! Overall the food here isn't great but the characters made up for, at least for us! (Maren didn't freak out, but notice she didn't make it into any pictures)

We Left breakfast around 920.

Got some photo pass pictures.

Stopped by R2-D2 footprints

Then on our first full park day I basically tossed all our plans out the window

We had FP for Disney junior dance party but Dillon really wanted to meet Mickey and Minnie so we headed that way... then she saw Olafs meet and wanted to do that first so we stopped. It said 15 minutes so we thought why not, it ended up being closer to 25 minutes, but was still fine.

Maren did not enjoy Olaf as much as the rest of us.

After the meet there was someone stationed at the entrance telling you the wait times, it seemed the sign wasn’t working? Not updating? Not sure. Still was a fun meet as always and happy we did it.

Then we did Muppets as we have been very into Muppet babies lately Dillon thought it was hysterical. Maren fell asleep, and I made a successful stroller transfer!

So Rob took her for a walk and we waited out the Mike and Sully line at least it was in the AC. This was listed as I think 40 minutes, it was actually about 45. But again we chatted up the people in line behind us, and played some games. It was fine. We had a great meet and I’m happy we waited! I’m a huge monsters inc fan! Mike Wzowskiis my Fav so Dillon insisted we wait.

While looking at these pictures I notice, we need to remind Dillon to lift her chin and I need to stand up straight....

Up Next here comes the rain!

Last edited:
Overall the food here isn't great but the characters made up for, at least for us! (Maren didn't freak out, but notice she didn't make it into any pictures)
We only did this once when Casey was little for the characters too. Back then Doc was the new character so that tells you how long ago it was.

Maren did not enjoy Olaf as much as the rest of us.
Oh, poor thing!!! One day you'll all look back at these pictures and laugh.

48932417568_3811fa0397.jpg
Great picture! I had no idea they were meeting again. They used to meet back by the backlot tour, but clearly that was ages ago.

We only did this once when Casey was little for the characters too. Back then Doc was the new character so that tells you how long ago it was.

Yeah i think the first time we did it Handy Manny was still there... i liked that show! But looks like i will have a few more of these meals in my future....

Oh, poor thing!!! One day you'll all look back at these pictures and laugh.

I hope so we have a bunch of them, cute but poor kid i torture her!

Great picture! I had no idea they were meeting again. They used to meet back by the backlot tour, but clearly that was ages ago.

yeah the wait is a bit long but i hadn't met them before so i was really excited to do it and happy Dillon was on board!

First I hope everyone has a Happy Halloween, we are dealing with some wet weather but hoping to get out for a bit later!

Here comes the rain!

After the meet we met up with Rob and Maren.

We headed to the Incredibles area, Dillon was doing the Incredibles Dance Party.

Maren was still sleeping, so i did a loop and grabbed this coffee, with some adult beverages included... it was fine the straw was not... I hate the paper straws and i am going to start carrying plastic reusable or metal ones in my bag cause these only last half a drink and i cannot deal.

Then it started to rain so they cut the incredible dance party short. Cue very upset 5 year old! It wasn't really in the plan to do this again, but i told her we would try...

We had FP for TSMM, so we headed that way. First we needed a picture at the Toy Story land entrance Dillon spotted Jesse coming out for her meet, she got so excited.

We hopped on buzzes line and got cut off as the first family not to meet him when the rain started. Maren was still sleeping so we went to TSMM and asked for rider swap so Dillon could go twice.

I hopped back on buzzes line and he came back out and went back in again, he would meet 2 or 3 families then they would send him back in for Rain, then 10 minutes later he would come back out. Dillon got off TSMM and we waited for Buzz. He finally came out and we were successful in meeting him! Maren was up by this point. We got our meet and pictures in! She was still not loving it...

Good picture of everyone but me.. this is my trip report i should change it up and post the best of me going forward... But i wont cause those are the sacrifices i make.

Then Dillon and I rode TSMM she was very upset I won... I actually felt bad.... but sorry kid you need to learn to lose sometimes! My score was nothing to brag about that's for sure!

Then it was raining pretty bad so we put on the cover for the stroller, put on our cheap throw away ponchos and called a Minnie van.

Notice we never actually met Mickey and Minnie!

We got back to the hotel right around 130 and grabbed a 135 lunch at ale and compass. My dad had arrived at this point and we told him to wait there for us and we would all grab lunch!

Ale and compass for lunch was great! The food was pretty good, and both girls behaved so this meal was a huge win!

We had buffalo cauliflower to start, and then I had white clam pizza (you get a picture of this one), Dillon has pasta with red sauce (surprised?) she shared it with Maren, Rob had salmon kale bowl, and my dad had the vegan burger. He is not a vegan but they came out to check and see if he needed fires made separately, he used to work in food and beverage and was impressed and kept telling us how if you have Disney on your resume you can work anywhere!

I have to throw in one food pic!

It was about 245 and the rain had ended so we all headed to the pool. Which was a nice break in the day. No pics here, but the slide was great and we did it a bunch of times!

Then we headed back to our rooms to shower and change before a night at Epcot.

Up next We meet some characters and see some fireworks!

Last edited:
I have a few more minutes so lets wrap up this day!

We meet some characters!

We met my dad in the lobby around 5:15 and started our walk to Epcot.

On the way we spotted Pick and Pearl and I have been wanting to try pick a pearl so I let Dillon do that. It was fun we got a great pearl and was a good activity if you have a few minutes and extra dollars to spare!

We then headed to Epcot and straight to future world. We had no real plans till 8 for the Frozen desert party! So we got ice cream since Dillon had been asking.

I have this adorable pic (i think my dad snapped it) of Maren sleeping so she must have fallen asleep on the walk.

As we are eating at the entrance to innovations since it was pretty shady, a kid comes out and starts throwing up. Poor thing and poor mom. Honestly I felt so bad for them. My dad was being himself and was saying things like what the hell, how does this happen. And I'm all do you need wipes are you ok.... How does this happen? Really dad?

We then headed to meet Joy and Sadness I had heard the line can get really long so was rather excited with only about 5 minutes to wait. This was a fabulous meet. My dad was cracking up, we had a blast. Joy wanted to have a dance party and the photographer asked sadness if she was going to dance she said yes and sticks her finger up and twirls it around. It was amazing. I am so happy we made sure to do this, loved this meet highly recommend!!

Maren not as freaked out during this meet....

The plan was to head to the seas or the land but Dillon loves meets and loves Wreck it Ralph so I suggested waiting for that. It was a bit of a wait but most kids were playing in the area and parents waiting. So we took part in that plan as well. We got lucky as the line was cut off 2 people after us.

We did wait a solid 30 minutes but I think it was worth it. Maren was having a snack and Vanellope was asking if it was candy. It was cute. I enjoyed it and the girls seemed happy, especially Dillon!

A side note Dillon got some pressed penny's here and when we got home her Figment one was missing, she got about 25 pressed penny this trip but that was the one she was upset about... no idea why or how she remembers that one, but i will be picking one up in a few weeks and 'finding' the missing one when i get home! - So update as i wrote this before my adults only trip, we got the missing Figment penny and when i got home she had it the whole time, i think we thought it was going to be a full figment as that is what she kept describing but its not, so now we have 3 Figment pressed penny's if anyone needs a spare!

The penny...

Now the girls were getting a bit fussy we ate a late lunch but I hadn’t really booked any dinners as I just wasn’t sure with the heat how the girls were going to do. So we stopped and got a pretzel, some cheese, and fruit and had a quick snack. We spotted a Disney bunny family while we had our snack. Dillon insisted I take some pictures

We then went over the the seas and did Nemo, and then debated if we should head to the frozen party or the turtle talk. I wasn’t sure if we would make it back for turtle talk another day so we stayed. Dillon got called on first and was very excited, but then was upset she didn't get picked to ask a question. Kids! After turtle talk was over it was about 810 and we walked back to the desert party, we were the last to arrive but whatever, to long in the party probably wouldn't have worked out to well for us anyway.

My dad again was impressed and loved how Disney legit took so long to realize they could make money doing this (charging people for a good view of the show and giving them mediocre food and drinks). He thinks they have thought of everything now I assured him they will think of something else.

I had 3 glasses of wine but the lovely bartender poured the rest of the bottle into the large cup for the 3rd, that was a mistake and I knew I was going to feel that in the morning.

Deserts were fine, no pictures cause I suck, but I am so happy we did this. View was amazing, Dillon and Maren loved it. My dad was happy well worth the cost for me.

After the illuminations (I miss you) they walk you to the Frozen ride, we were at the back of the pack and the women with the light to single the end of the line let Dillon hold it. She loved this, its the little things in life!

Then we took one final spin on the Frozen ride and headed back to the yacht club for bath and bed.

I am so happy we did this desert party! I am having a hard time figuring out if i should do one in MK, and if so which one, anyone have an opinion?

Up Next Animal Kingdom Morning!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!