Here Come The Magic Bands!

I don't understand sending them before you get there, what if you forget them?

All of the resorts have extra grey magic bands to replace them with if they are lost or forgotten. You may choose your color when you "order" them but the resorts will only have grey to replace with.

I'll take the orange one please! It's my signature color and goes so well with green or purple, my other two favorites!
Aren't you glad I told you that? Does it not make your day to know my favorite colors?
I thought so! You're welcome!

DebbieB said:
That was my first thought too. How much are tickets or rooms going to go up to cover it?

I honestly think they'll pay for themselves in the form of a smaller workforce. Good for us, not great for the local economy....

I am also not a fan...I don't even wear jewelry so the thought of wearing this bothers me. My kids (all 3 are under age 6) will never keep them on either. I hope the rumors are true that you can stick to a ticket...much better for our young family. I would also like the rumors to be true that you will still be able to use the traditional FP instead of the new ones...as of now I don't like these changes but I also need more official information on how the FPs will work and how they will be limited. But the bands do look sharp! :)

Am I the only one who hates the idea of having them mailed out ahead of time, its just one more thing that I have to keep track of in the house and remember when I am packing. I guess I could just make my family members wear them 24-7 from the moment they arrive on our doorstep, consider it "practice", if you will :p

I think they look great!

I hope they are fully in use by the time my December trip rolls around!

I honestly think they'll pay for themselves in the form of a smaller workforce. Good for us, not great for the local economy....
Semi-OT, but if you've ever read the excellent Married to the Mouse, you know that the Disney workforce generally costs the surrounding counties significantly in terms of increased social services costs. Disney employs a lot of people, but few of them are paid very much. A smaller Disney workforce (but still the same Disney tourism revenue) might actually be good for Orlando in the end.

It's a fascinating read, but it does peel back the curtain on quite a few things that you might wish you did not know.

Color me naive, but I really like the whole thing! Totally rooting for an August release. I'd love to see that cute little box show up at my door.:goodvibes

I'm excited about the bands but curious how/if they will work for our situation. We always rent DVC points for our stays and will often times do a split stay and purchase our park tickets from Undercovertourist. :confused3Anyone thoughts?

Color me naive, but I really like the whole thing! Totally rooting for an August release. I'd love to see that cute little box show up at my door.:goodvibes

From what I know, Park Support CM's are currently using them for testing in the parks every day. Another FP+ test is in the near future, either May or June, and this test will include the Magic Bands.

I'm excited about the bands but curious how/if they will work for our situation. We always rent DVC points for our stays and will often times do a split stay and purchase our park tickets from Undercovertourist. :confused3Anyone thoughts?

That brings up another thought of mine ~ will the advent of the Magic Bands be the beginning of the end for places like UCT?

If so, it is an easy way for Disney to get rid of ticket discounts (no matter how slight they are) and competition.

My kids are going to love these. They wanted to hold on to their tickets last trip, but I didn't trust them not to lose them. Honestly, I'd much rather have a band than trying to keep everyone's tickets. I hope they are out before our trip in the fall.

I wonder if they will ship them internationally? We are from the UK and they don't ship our ME tags we have to pick them up from the ME check in which we don't mind. I wouldn't mind picking them up from resort check in if it saved money across the board.

I'm pretty excited for them! Anything that will get me one step closer to being bag-free in the parks...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter