Help! Would you go early October or early December if you had the choice?

snowdrift7

DIS Veteran
Hi, We had to postpone our usual May trip this year and are trying to decide when to go. We are going for about 2 1/2 weeks and our two choices are late sept/early oct or right after Thanksgiving through mid Dec. can you help us decide? What do you like about these times of year. Thanks so much!

Cyn

Early October. The crowds are typically smaller, food and wine is still going on, and Mickey's Not So Scary is so much better than MVMCP. I was on my CP during that time of the year and felt like Oct was our shinning time. The parks are beautiful the weather is nice and it is just a great atmosphere all around.

Also I don't want this to come off the wrong way but most CMs haven't reached burn out level yet in October. In December a lot of CMs are missing their families or are just exhausted where as October they are having fun and enjoying the fall. I can't speak for everyone but I know that was the general feeling of the fall 2012 CPs. That isn't to say we don't give 100% all year it is just to say it is easy for us to give more than 100% when we are well rested and happy and enjoying ourselves at work.

Both times of the year are great times to go, IMO. Early October you have F&W and MNSSHP and in December the resorts and parks are decorated for the holidays and you have MVMCP. We have been to the Halloween party 3 times and the Christmas party 2 times and we love them both. If you plan on swimming and/or going to the water park(s), early October would be the best time for that as December weather in Florida is very unpredictable. With all of that said, I think October and December are both great times to visit and I think you will have a great trip either way. Good luck.

If hanging out poolside is important to you, I would go in October. We went in late November, but the weather was on the cool side. The decorations were beautiful though!

Both times of year are great. We are going in Oct. this year, last year it was Thanksgiving. The parks are all decorated for the holidays and the castle is a sight to see. We took our grandchildren to Mickey Very Merry and created unforgettable memories. The only drawback is it was cold.
This year it's just my wife and I doing Food & Wine! My grandchildren live in the Orlando area so a Mickey Not So Scary will be in our plans. We also hope to catch a Halloween Horror Night. Oh yeah and warm weather for a day or two at a water park.
No mater, you will have a Magical Time.

PS; Make sure you plan your next vacation for the the one you don't chose.

I would go early December hands down. As much as I love MNSSHP, I prefer the Christmas decorations/events.

Also, I may be in the minority on this, but I do not like the F & W Festival. However if you are a fan of this, or want to try it out, then go in October for that!

We prefer December because we love the holiday decorations and the cooler weather. However my employer started last year not allowing vacation from mid-October to mid-January which is our busy season. We are going early October this year and I'm hoping the weather will be nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter