Help WL rooms ??

Boatingmom

Mouseketeer
We've stayed at AK and the Poly before. When I called reservations I was assigned a woods view. I know I don't want concierge,but is this the same as a standard? I'll be traveling with an 8 & 10 year old. Any suggestions? Also..,. What are the closest good restaurants? I still can't decide whether or not to rent a car this time. Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance:):grouphug:

Woods view is a view of trees..maybe the pool at the villas..same room as standard
Whispering Canyon is very good..so is Roaring Forks for a quick bite

We've stayed at AK and the Poly before. When I called reservations I was assigned a woods view. I know I don't want concierge,but is this the same as a standard? I'll be traveling with an 8 & 10 year old. Any suggestions? Also..,. What are the closest good restaurants? I still can't decide whether or not to rent a car this time. Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance:):grouphug:

Standard View is overlooking the parking areas, Woods View is is overlooking "the woods" which is the foresty area(but on the top floor if you are facing North, which faces MK, you may get to see a little bit of the fireworks!

The closest restaurants are right inside the Lodge.....Whispering Canyon Cafe (fun, western style adventure serving all you can eat meals throughout the day), Artist's Point (fine dining) , and Roaring Forks Snack Shop (self serve - breakfast foods- breakfast pizza, sticky buns, burgers, chili dogs, fries, sandwiches, and snacks).

I would suggest getting a woods view room facing the MK.(North Wing) The 4th or 5th floor is my favorite. You have a view of the MK fireworks. If you want a room with 2 beds you might ask for room 5032 or 4032. We could lay in bed at night and see the castle through the opening in the trees. I have stayed at the WL over 25 times and always ask for a certain room. I don't always get that particular room but one close. JMHO

Map of WL rooms:http://users.hartwick.edu/heydukr/wlrooms.htm

I would suggest getting a woods view room facing the MK.(North Wing) The 4th or 5th floor is my favorite. You have a view of the MK fireworks. If you want a room with 2 beds you might ask for room 5032 or 4032. We could lay in bed at night and see the castle through the opening in the trees. I have stayed at the WL over 25 times and always ask for a certain room. I don't always get that particular room but one close. JMHO

Map of WL rooms:http://users.hartwick.edu/heydukr/wlrooms.htm

What room would you ask for for bunkbeds?

I guess I'll stick with the woods view then. Any suggestions when I should request the certain room number?

What type of room (or room number) should I ask for if we want a room overlooking the lobby?

What type of room (or room number) should I ask for if we want a room overlooking the lobby?

Those are the "standard" room categories..and request just that..a standard room, with a door that opens to the lobby, I've done that. There are some courtyard views which open to the lobby, but very few of them..those are the "Bear's Face" rooms :)

You have to specifically book a bunk bed room, they are an additional fee and do not come in the standard room category, only woodsview and courtyard :)

Thanks, I have booked bunkbed room with woods view, just wondering what room#s offer best chance to see the castle and wishes!:cloud9:

Thanks, I have booked bunkbed room with woods view, just wondering what room#s offer best chance to see the castle and wishes!:cloud9:

Ask for a room on the north side of the lodge on an upper floor (4th maybe, 5th or 6th, but 6th may be smoking?). We were on the 3rd and could see through the trees (DD6 was happy with the view), but an upper floor would have been much better. I believe that the 7th floor is concierge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!