Help! Your Thoughts on how to understand Davids last email to me...

SherylLC

DIS Veteran
I just got an email from Davids saying the renter says they cannot see the reservation confirmation on WDW site anymore and that I had changed it. I didn't. I had to send Davids screen shots of the reservation. Then I got an email from Davids with renter cc'd that the contract date is 6/3/2020 (today) and we agree to the new contract with added restrictions (force majuere and owner responsibility for closures, etc.).

What the.....????

I responded to email stating I did not agree to this contract but would stand by the contract I signed when I originally agreed to rent my points.

I sure hope this is not how Davids plans to force owners into the sucky new contract. I can't get through to DVC to cnofirm that my reservation number would not have been changed.

You thoughts?

Did you check your points activity to see if DVC messed with it and it ended up with a new reservation?

See..this is why I would never use him again. I would be so worried that an issue would happen.

Keep us posted.

Hmmmm...ok, so after my email response Davids is saying Renter is subject to new agreement, but I am not? Why should they be?
And Davids had CLEARLY stated to renter in previous email that IT WAS ME who changed the reservation number. SO SHADY!!!

Hello Sheryl,

Thank you for your reply.

This agreement that you have received is in relations to the guest agreement and not to the intermediary agreement that you had agreed to before we have updated the agreements.

We will be going by the Original Intermediary agreement that you agreed to when you booked the reservation. The reason you got this email is we did have to send the new confirmation number to the guest so they are able to link everything to their My Disney Experience.

We certainly understand that you did not change the reservation number. When Disney updates their member services system reservation numbers do tend to get changed sometimes.

If you have any questions please feel free to reach out at any time.

Have a great day!

Sincerely,
Alicia Skoretz

Wow. My experience was completely different with them as an owner. I was asked if I could help with new arrangements or refund (but did note that I was not obligated to do anything). They seemed very gracious. I think it may depend on the account rep. I can say Cassandra w David's was a pleasure to work with. The new contract for owners may have me out of renting with them in the future, but my personal experience in this has not been bad at all.

I made a decision when COVID came and changed the rental world from from that day forward if we can't use our points then we'll just have to give them away to family and friends. And that's what we're going to do.
Makes sense to me!

Wow. My experience was completely different with them as an owner. I was asked if I could help with new arrangements or refund (but did note that I was not obligated to do anything). They seemed very gracious. I think it may depend on the account rep. I can say Cassandra w David's was a pleasure to work with. The new contract for owners may have me out of renting with them in the future, but my personal experience in this has not been bad at all.
Now that they've clarified that they are not forcing me into the new contact, I can't complain. I just hope renters pick up the gist of what they're signing up for.

I made a decision when COVID came and changed the rental world from from that day forward if we can't use our points then we'll just have to give them away to family and friends. And that's what we're going to do.

This will certainly make us think about our approach to booking a room in the future. We used to take for granted that an easy process to rent out excess points was available. We may upgrade rooms more often or go more frequently or like you just gift the points away.

Now that they've clarified that they are not forcing me into the new contact, I can't complain. I just hope renters pick up the gist of what they're signing up for.
I had renters check in was 3/11/-18 I asked David's on 3/13 if they had checked in ,and was told they would get back to me, which David's did on 3/16. The family did not check in and since Disney did not close till 3/20 I lost those points. I ended up refunding half the funds and hope David's gave it the family.

I just got an email from Davids saying the renter says they cannot see the reservation confirmation on WDW site anymore and that I had changed it. I didn't. I had to send Davids screen shots of the reservation.
fyi, on Saturday, I noticed all our upcoming room reservations through Oct had disappeared from MDE. They reappeared about 2 days later.
In all that time, every room reservation showed active & fully intact on the DVC website.
Apparently, Disney IT had another one of their glitches - it is likely that the renter happened to look on their MDE during that time.

Last edited:
I had renters check in was 3/11/-18 I asked David's on 3/13 if they had checked in ,and was told they would get back to me, which David's did on 3/16. The family did not check in and since Disney did not close till 3/20 I lost those points. I ended up refunding half the funds and hope David's gave it the family.

You’re a better person than I, they had no concern for your points, I would have shown no concern for their cash.

You are a better person than me. I had that same scenario (but DVC did return the points to my account) as my renters should have checked in on 16th March when the resort was still open but the parks closed. I received the final 30% of the rental after some dialog with David's and they agreed that it had been the renters choice not to check in. On that basis, I bet they were more than happy to accept money back from you, but I very much doubt it was returned to the renter. I think in your position now, I would perhaps ask David's for confirmation that they returned the funds to the renter and maybe contact the renter directly. If you get a response saying they haven't had the money, then I would try to get it back from Davids!

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm in a similar boat where I refunded some of it but I would love to have had confirmation that the money made it back to the family...
They didn't get your refund money.
Just received today from David's:

Hello Sheryl,

We are reaching out to you today in regards to the W**** reservation.

As you are aware, COVID-19 has become a pandemic, and Disney Resorts and Operations has made the difficult but brave choice to close until June 22, 2020. The Disney Vacation Club is cancelling those reservations impacted by their decision and returning points to owner’s accounts.

As a result we are reaching out to inquire if you would be open to helping the W**** family during this difficult time.

Reservation #: 49*****

Check in Date: June *****

We ask, at this point, that you do not cancel this reservation if it appears active, but continue to work with us to see if there are any alternatives arrangements that we could pursue to assist this family.

We are asking if you would be willing to return the 70% for the W**** reservation. The funds that are returned will go towards a Travel Credit for the family. This Travel Credit will be in the total amount that the W**** family paid for their reservation including our commission.

Hello Sheryl,

As you are aware, COVID-19 has become a pandemic, and Disney Resorts and Operations has made the difficult but brave choice to close until June 22, 2020. The Disney Vacation Club is cancelling those reservations impacted by their decision and returning points to owner’s accounts.

As a result we are reaching out to inquire if you would be open to helping the W**** family during this difficult time.

We ask, at this point, that you do not cancel this reservation if it appears active, but continue to work with us to see if there are any alternatives arrangements that we could pursue to assist this family.

We are asking if you would be willing to return the 70% for the W**** reservation. The funds that are returned will go towards a Travel Credit for the family. This Travel Credit will be in the total amount that the W**** family paid for their reservation including our commission.
And in case anyone cares, because my points are usable, I will be returning the 70% to David's.

And in case anyone cares, because my points are usable, I will be returning the 70% to David's.

That would be the last thing I would do.

If the reservation is after the 22nd, your points will go into holding and be basicly unusable.

If your reservation is before the 22nd, I would tell David's that I'd work with the family that I booked, subject to the point expiration. I would ask David's to pay me the remaining 30% when I book the new reservation, and that new reservation will be under the old contract.

David's voucher scheme is a terrible deal for renters, and protects David's at the expense of the renter. In addition, I can't see how he can fulfill dvc reservations without dvc owners willing to work with him. His actions during the pandemic, and his latest contract, have alienated a huge number of dvc members which formerly were eager to work with him.

That would be the last thing I would do.

If the reservation is after the 22nd, your points will go into holding and be basicly unusable.

If your reservation is before the 22nd, I would tell David's that I'd work with the family that I booked, subject to the point expiration. I would ask David's to pay me the remaining 30% when I book the new reservation, and that new reservation will be under the old contract.

David's voucher scheme is a terrible deal for renters, and protects David's at the expense of the renter. In addition, I can't see how he can fulfill dvc reservations without dvc owners willing to work with him. His actions during the pandemic, and his latest contract, have alienated a huge number of dvc members which formerly were eager to work with him.
My points are bankable into 2021. I did think to return money directly to Renter but then I place myself in jeopardy with David's and a legal entanglement is just not worth it. Since my points are usable, it's not my money and it's also not my job to punish David's even though I do believe they are not at all honorable or trustworthy. That's why I do not want to rebook the points with him. I want to sever ties, take a shower to wash off the slime of their business decisions and be done with them.

Last edited:

Hello Sheryl,

So wait. They want you to give back every single dollar and yet the family you are helping is getting a voucher. Really seems like he is the only one who "wins". Wish there was an option to pay a reduced commission to him, a tip to the owners for their time, and just have the rest as cash back (when/if the owners are game). Still deciding what I want to do...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter