Help with types of room views at AKL

charity

Mouseketeer
Can anyone tell me the difference between the two types of savanna views at AKL? We are booked for aug5-10 2013 in a pool room but I'm thinking of upgrading

I don't really understand this question. Do you mean the name of the two different savannas that can be seen from rooms? Arusha or Sunset? Some of the rooms face a third savanna - the Uzima Savanna - I believe. Each of those savannas are exciting. The pool view won't allow you to see any animals from your room.

But you can see the savannas from a wide range of vantage points all over the resort.

The Arusha Savana has been the most often requested, so now they made that more $. Our first stay we had Sunset Savana, and last August we had Arusha Savana. I did like Arusha better. It seemed we saw more animals. Arusha is the main savana in the Center of the resort. However, we did enjoy sunset savana too.

I only stay at Kidani. The sunset savanna is gorgeous, but I request the Pempe because of the okapis.

We were upgraded from a standard view to a pool view for our 1st AKL stay. I loved our pool view room. We stayed in the Zebra trail 4th floor. Very convenient to the pool, Mara and the lobby. Pools view rooms have a very good location as far as proximity to the lobby and the pool.

There are lots of public viewing locations to view the Savannah animals, so I did not feel that we missed out on anything that year. We were not in our rooms much and would not have really gotten any use of the room view. We came back to our room late at night and thought the night pool view was amazing.

Now that we are on our 4th trip, and 2nd to AKL. We booked a Savannah room, CL level Arusha Savannah as we will be in our room more this trip. I can justify the extra money for a view as we will be there to take advantage of the view.

I would only book a Savannah view room if you think you be there enough to enjoy it. Look at the AKL map on allears website. The map gives you the name and locations of all three of the Savannah's.

I guess I was not clear in my question. they have 2 options for savanna views one is more expensive than the other, what are the difference to make the cost different? More animals or different animals? Is one better than the other?
Thanks
I really starting to freak out over this trip! Never stayed at AKL before and I'm just unsure.

I guess I was not clear in my question. they have 2 options for savanna views one is more expensive than the other, what are the difference to make the cost different? More animals or different animals? Is one better than the other?
Thanks
I really starting to freak out over this trip! Never stayed at AKL before and I'm just unsure.

Arusha is the main savanna for the lodge. But sunset savanna is the main one for Kidani. Personally, I would book the cheaper savanna view. If you have a savanna it will be worth it. They all have high points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter