Help with tipping please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinkerbells mum

DIS Veteran
I would really appreciate it if someone could give me an idea of how much to tip in the following places, I want to make up and fill my tip envelopes before I leave home but will adjust them if needed at the meal. As I live in England it would be handy to have an idea of how much I'll need for each place so I can order the "correct" dominations of notes when I order my currency. I'll be at the World over Easter (I know this makes a difference to the cost of each meal!) hope that all makes sense and thanks in advance for any figures anyone can come up with xx
1900 Park Fare - breakfast
Chef Mickeys - Easter Brunch
Bome- Dinner
Coral Reef - Diner
Tusker - Breakfast
Crystal Palace -Breakfast
Be Our Guest - Dinner
'Ohana - Dinner
1900 Park Fare - Dinner
Arkwrshus - Breakfast
Chef Mickeys - Dinner
Tonys - Dinner
CRT - Dinner

tinkerbells mum said:
I would really appreciate it if someone could give me an idea of how much to tip in the following places, I want to make up and fill my tip envelopes before I leave home but will adjust them if needed at the meal. As I live in England it would be handy to have an idea of how much I'll need for each place so I can order the "correct" dominations of notes when I order my currency. I'll be at the World over Easter (I know this makes a difference to the cost of each meal!) hope that all makes sense and thanks in advance for any figures anyone can come up with xx
1900 Park Fare - breakfast
Chef Mickeys - Easter Brunch
Bome- Dinner
Coral Reef - Diner
Tusker - Breakfast
Crystal Palace -Breakfast
Be Our Guest - Dinner
'Ohana - Dinner
1900 Park Fare - Dinner
Arkwrshus - Breakfast
Chef Mickeys - Dinner
Tonys - Dinner
CRT - Dinner

Forgot to say that it will be me and my DD who is a Disney adult!!

There is a sticky thread at the top of this board that tells about tipping. This thread will probably be closed because all tipping has to be discussed on that thread.

But since you are not a citizen of the US and don't know how things go over here. STandard table service tipping ranges from 15% to 20% or more.

When you eat at a DIsney restaurant they will give you suggested tip amounts on your check.

You can find menu prices for the food on Allears.net

Here is the tipping thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2300858

There is a guide to the policy of the restaurant board regarding tipping and a FAQ on the first page. Tipping discussion is restricted because it inevitably turns ugly and results in threads being closed and infractions being given, usually when an argument starts over someone thinking that someone else doesn't tip enough or tips too much.

You'll note there should be no discussion of personal tipping habits, so it can't actually be discussed there how much somone else would tip. But the FAQ may help you with what is expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter