Help with ticket/hotel

monica9

DIS Veteran
We were going to do 3 1/2 days onepark each day and stay at Cabana Bay which would be $170 per night and 1155.91 for buy two days get two free.
I'm looking at staying at the cheaper deluxe which would be another $521 more. If we got the basic annual pass, will that price get discounted or do we have to get the higher end annual pass? If we don't get the annual pass, will there be a discout on the deluxe resorts staying the first week in November? (normally. I know this year is an odd and unforseeable year).
The annual pass looks like it's only $100 more than getting the 2 days/2days free pass. Does that sound right?

So if the basic annual pass will automatically bring down that deluxe price then it's obvious that's the route we would go.
Thanks for the help

The AP’s do not automatically lower your rate if one comes out after you booked and locked in your hotel

You could rebook your room if your dates are eligible for the (ap) valid dates and ask to cancel the original booking.

I don’t see as many ap deals for my stay dates at the premier hotels.
It’s always seems to be available other dates than mine.

The Seasonal Pass is $305, and is usually $10 more than the 2-day park-to-park price (or the promo with 2 free nights). So maybe you are comparing against the 1-park per day tickets. We love being able to hop between the parks, especially on the Hogwarts Express.

We've done Thanksgiving twice and were able to get APH rates both times. I would expect that you can get a room at RPR for around $260 per night with an APH rate, and a good bit lower than $170 for CB. Thanksgiving APH rates came out 2 months early, so you may have to wait a while. Just keep checking.

I have a post at https://www.disboards.com/threads/how-i-plan-a-universal-trip.3794121/ that might help...

The Seasonal Pass is $305, and is usually $10 more than the 2-day park-to-park price (or the promo with 2 free nights). So maybe you are comparing against the 1-park per day tickets. We love being able to hop between the parks, especially on the Hogwarts Express.

We've done Thanksgiving twice and were able to get APH rates both times. I would expect that you can get a room at RPR for around $260 per night with an APH rate, and a good bit lower than $170 for CB. Thanksgiving APH rates came out 2 months early, so you may have to wait a while. Just keep checking.

I have a post at https://www.disboards.com/threads/how-i-plan-a-universal-trip.3794121/ that might help...
Thanks so much for your help!

Your post was very helpful thanks. Looks like we will be doing the APH and deluxe resort. Maybe I can even get my husband to go for a long weekend next summer before the AP’s expire!
now I have to wait for APH rates to come out to book And to make sure they are open the first week in November.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter