Help with the Savannah's

BuzzLiteyear

To infinity and beyond....or just drop me off at t
We will be staying at AKL this August. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what animals are found in each of the savannah's? I know we will want to see zebra and giraffe. What are the "unique" animals in each of the savannah's?

I am so excited about going :cool1: . I have always had this longing to visit the savannah's of Africa and this will be as close as I get for a while. My DD4 is also very excited, as this is how we came up with her name.

Check out wdwinfo.com Go to Resorts, then AKL. Tells you each savanna, animal on it and the trails (or rooms) that are good and bad. Good Stuff!

I was told last time I was there that AKL will rotate animals from time to time. Not sure if it was true, but something to think about.

I would not worry about missing out on one animal or another...there are plenty of them out there. If you are missing one, it may be there the next evening or you can go "on safari" and check out the viewing areas around the resort and find it.

I was told last time I was there that AKL will rotate animals from time to time. Not sure if it was true, but something to think about.

I would not worry about missing out on one animal or another...there are plenty of them out there. If you are missing one, it may be there the next evening or you can go "on safari" and check out the viewing areas around the resort and find it.

Good point!

It is possible they may rotate animals of a particular species from one savannah to another, but they do not rotate species on savannahs. Zebras can only be found on Arusha savannah for example, because they do not play well with other 4 hoofed animals that are smaller in size than they are, like Thompson gazelles (we were told this by one of the cast members). Giraffe's for example, are on all three savannahs, but ostriches can only be found on sunset savannah. Each savannah has a unique look and feel and each savannah has an animal it can call "it's own" I believe. As other folks on many occasions have mentioned, it is definitely worthwhile to walk around AKL and check out all three savannahs, it is truly a unique resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter