• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help with Sept Itinerary

Srobin159

Earning My Ears
So the Star Wars bomb dropped and now not sure what plan should be we are two single adults no kids visiting sept 20th thru 28th with 7!days in park split stay 20-26 contemp and 26-28 AKL. Plan so far is 21st AK 22 Epcot 23 Epcot 24 DHS 25 MK 26 MK and 27 AK . We live in CA and this will be first ever trip any advice on those days? Should I hit another park or do a hopper and take vantage of EMH. Tips appreciated getting overwhelmed

A couple of thoughts. The first is that transportation (assuming you're using Disney transportation) will be quicker to AK from AKL and to MK from Contemp. I would suggest switching your parks between the 21 and 26 to take advantage of that. It's also helpful to have your AK days toward the end for getting FPs for FOP. But if you're doing it the way you have it to take advantage of EMH then ignore.

Another thing to consider is FPs for Slinky Dog. FPs are easier to get for that later in your trip. I would at least switch it with the MK day on the 25th.

But these are just thoughts. Not knowing your priories and what you really want to do, it's hard to provide suggestions. What have you based your current plan on? How did you pick the parks for each day?

I have to agree with the OP, if you are staying at the contemporary then you should do you MK days then and AK when at AKL. Being so close to MK you should take advantage of the less travel time

A couple of thoughts. The first is that transportation (assuming you're using Disney transportation) will be quicker to AK from AKL and to MK from Contemp. I would suggest switching your parks between the 21 and 26 to take advantage of that. It's also helpful to have your AK days toward the end for getting FPs for FOP. But if you're doing it the way you have it to take advantage of EMH then ignore.

Another thing to consider is FPs for Slinky Dog. FPs are easier to get for that later in your trip. I would at least switch it with the MK day on the 25th.

But these are just thoughts. Not knowing your priories and what you really want to do, it's hard to provide suggestions. What have you based your current plan on? How did you pick the parks for each day?
Thanks for the ideas I based my plan on some crowd calendars I chose AK Sat to take advantage EMH and then AK at the end since I will be at AKL. Sun and Mon seemed to be lighter days for Epcot and Wends was Extra Magic Hrs at the Kingdom and Thursday was projected lower at MK. I also wanted to avoid MK when the Halloween party is since closed at 6. I did book some dining with be our guest on Thursday Ohana later sun night or Wends and sci if cafe lunch on tues. Should I take more advantage of EMH or do a park hopper. Our priority will be the parks and our dining reservations focus on things not at Disneyland once out of the hotel anticipate being gone Whole day

I have to agree with the OP, if you are staying at the contemporary then you should do you MK days then and AK when at AKL. Being so close to MK you should take advantage of the less travel time
I wonder if I should be doing EMH at Hollywood studios on sunday do you think that is worth it? Is slinky dog so hard to get 60 days out. This is all crazy to me since I’ve been Disneyland a lot and had no problem riding everything and getting fast passes at off peak times. Looks like disneyworld has enormous lines for everything and you can only get those 3 passes and must wait hrs for everything else

I wonder if I should be doing EMH at Hollywood studios on sunday do you think that is worth it? Is slinky dog so hard to get 60 days out. This is all crazy to me since I’ve been Disneyland a lot and had no problem riding everything and getting fast passes at off peak times. Looks like disneyworld has enormous lines for everything and you can only get those 3 passes and must wait hrs for everything else
Yes, I think it would be worth it to do EMH at HS. Most everyone will be headed to SWGE at that point. I would say that Sept is usually not bad for lines - I went the same week you are going last year. But with SWGE its probably going to have large crowds. Also, those crowd calendars are probably not going to help because of it, so I would not put too much stock in them.

Also, I would not go to EPCOT on a weekend during Food and Wine. Do HS on that Sunday instead. Or, I would say do MK - the crowds are better during the day on a party day. you can stay til 6 - go eat after that and then either go do resort things or Disney Springs unless you get the PH. That might be good so that when it gets crowded at one park, you park hop to another.

The lines are not that enormous except for a few rides that you need to FP.

Our priority will be the parks and our dining reservations focus on things not at Disneyland once out of the hotel anticipate being gone Whole day

We are also from California and had Disneyland APs for several years. We’ve been to WDW twice now. Some suggestions:

1. Don’t discount rides that are at both locations. Pirates and Haunted Mansion are different between the parks and I think are worth a ride if you have the time.

2. WDW is bigger than I could have imagined before I had been for the first time. Going all day everyday is hard. We can’t do it like we can at Disneyland. Transportation is much more involved. The parks are bigger. The heat/humidity will know you off your feet in you aren’t used to it (we weren’t!). Sometimes a short nap or a dip in the pool is worth going back to the hotel in the middle of the day and in the long run, it might be worth taking a few hours out of your day to rest so that you can continue later on and aren’t completely exhausted my the end of the trip. (Exhausted = grumpy)

3. Don’t expect to get everything done and see everything in your trip. WDW is huge. We have been twice, once for 7 days, once for 10 days, and we still haven’t even come close to seeing and doing everything.

I hope your trip is great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter