Help with Resort Switching Logistics

TheSpooph

Mouseketeer
I would love some help thinking through a resort switch I’m going to do!

I am going to tag along with my husband on a business trip. The first night we arrive in Orlando, we are going to stay at a company paid for hotel room. I then want to transfer hotels to Portofino while my husband drives to a different town for that night. My husband will have the car so after he drops me off, I’ll be at the mercy of Uber and shuttles.

Here’s the tricky part - I want to spend the day in Hollywood Studios.(I haven’t done Galaxy’s Edge yet!) What I am thinking is - get up somewhat early, check out of first hotel, ask my husband to drive me to Portofino, checkin and then Uber to DHS. I won’t be there by RD by any means, but maybe I could be there by 10am or so.

Does that make sense? I feel like I have to check in early so that I can store my bag somewhere. Plus, if I stay all day at DHS, I would like to just Uber back to the hotel and crash - not deal with checkin stuff!

Yeas, that seems to be the best way to go. You can check into the Portofino as early as around 6:30am, so depending on when you are dropped off, can it be that early? And yeah, can put your bags in the hotel’s bag service if room not ready. When you go back to get bags, they may offer to deliver to your room. You will get your room key when you check in, even if room not ready yet. You will have to stop in again at the front desk to get a new room card when your room is ready. They generally send a text to your phone advising room ready, please stop at front desk. Sometimes I get that notice, sometimes I don’t.

Uber or a car service would be the best way to go over to DS and back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter