HELP with resort selection!!! (AKL/BC/PR/YC/WL)

Which one for Cali-D to choose?

• Animal Kingdom Lodge, Savanna View

• Beach Club, Standard View

• Polynesian, Garden View

• Wilderness Lodge, Courtyard View

• Yacht Club, Standard View

Results are only viewable after voting.

CaliforniaDreaming

#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert
Well, I think I *might* get to go to WDW before the end of the year!!! I need help choosing a resort, it'd be for mom & I!

I think it is down to the Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club, Polynesian, Yacht Club, or Wilderness Lodge. We'd only have a garden/standard view at BC/PR/YC, a courtyard view at WL, or a savanna view at AKL.

Please help me decide!!!

:rolleyes:

Well, my sister has just decided to join us! LOL - and, she wants to stay at the Polynesian!

So, it's now kinda down to the Beach Club, Polynesian, or Yacht Club - since we'll need a room with daybed.

I vote with your sister, Cali :) !

Where you will be spending most of your time?

We (DH, DD15, DS14 and myself) stayed at the Beach Club in April. We really enjoyed taking a 5 minute walk and entering Epcot. And the boat ride to MGM was also much nicer than taking the buses. (We didn't even visit the Magic Kingdom this trip.)

But, if you are spending most of your time in MK then the Poly is probably the way to go.

Yacht or Beach club. It is such a beautiful area with quick access to 2 parks and the Boardwalk. Have a great trip.:D

Cali--Don't take this the wrong way:D , but what's the point of the poll. YOU KNOW MORE and have been to Disney more than almost anyone who is going to answer your poll. In the interest of family harmony I'd pick POLY. POLY pool is almost as good as SAB. The obvious question What theme parks to you want to easier access to MK, EPCOT or studios?

The real problem is, while I can give my opinion to others pretty well, I can't give my opinion to myself. I just change my mind! LOL, and the Grand Floridian is sold out - so there really is no obvious choice for me! LOL

OKAY OKAY! Heres my choice!!! (I think, lol)
Try for YC, if not available, go for Poly. Sound good? Haven't stayed at the YC, did stay at the Poly two years ago.

Cali--Call GF, get on a waiting list I'm sure you'll wind up with YOUR REAL FIRST CHOICE. My suggestion, go with YC. You'll never go wrong trying a new deluxe resort. I stayed at the POLY last year using that philosophy and had a great time.

Cali, I believe it's always good to try new things....why not give the YC a chance? I've stayed at the BC twice, GF twice and Poly once....I love them all but the Epcot resort area can't be beat. Besides, you know you'll be at the GF many, many more times. Variety is the spice of life!

Debbie

Just called. :( YC & Poly are sold out.

Looks like Beach Club, standard view and Animal Kingdom Lodge, standard room are my only choices.

Cali--Book you know the drill, book then see if anything better comes up.:D You've been around enough you know the second part of the drill fax and then negotiate at check-in for the room area you want.:D
Give the EPCOT resort area a shot. Nice to be able to walk to the Studios and Epcot. SAB and Beaches and Cream make for a nice diversion. If you can't get YC book BC. If you want to pay for an upgrade call, by the 5 day mark there should be some cancellations. BOOK NOW it looks like people being displaced by the CBR are being given upgrades to deluxe.

I'm so happy for you! The BC is one of my favorite deluxe resorts. I like the BC better than the YC anyway... the YC is just very stuffy. I felt tension when we went in there, despite the fact that it's very nice and "ivy-league" looking. The BC is more laid-back and has this feel to it that is more cozy. It feels kind of like you can walk in from the beach barefoot as if it's a (very nice) summer house. It's a feeling that is very hard to put into words, as you can see... The Cape May Cafe buffet is also in the lobby, which is VERY good. My family and I go to the breakfast character buffet often, but have not had the chance to try the clambake, which is apparently great. We looked at the food selection, however, and it looked wonderful. And if I'm not mistaken, Beaches & Cream is closer to the BC than the YC? Breakfast there is good if you're on the run, but I would not recommend it for a slow sit-down. It's a bit hectic. Be sure to go there for dessert, though. The ice cream is great and you may be lucky enough to see someone order the Kitchen Sink! That think is humongous! The "ice-cream parlor"atmosphere there is very cute. Make sure you take advantage of the best resort pool in Disney World... Stormalong Bay! Be aware that there are crowds and it is best to go early or late. The pool itself is so large that you won't have to worry about not being able to swim at any time of day. It's just the issue of finding a chair sometimes! The whirlpools, currents, sandy-bottom, ship-wreck slide, great hot-tub, and everything else make it tons of fun to swim in... it is big enough to fill up a full day! Set aside time to just use the pool and stroll along the beach. The BC is also closer to the Boardwalk & Epcot than the YC. Spend free nights along the boardwalk. The Flying Fish Cafe and Spoodles are terrific food options and Seashore Sweets has some great snacks. It is said to have the best ice cream in WDW. It is wonderful to be so close to Epcot if you like the park. The walk is quick, only taking us a few minutes. It was shorter than I expected to walk in. One of the highlights of my last trip was walking into the World Showcase at night and enjoying a pastry at the France bakery with my mom and sister, just looking at the atmosphere and amazing detail Disney puts into each country. I loved gazing at the apartments of France built and wondering what they are used for. Afterward, we watched Illuminations our walk back to the BC. It was so pleasant and wonderful. I can't believe I, a 13-yr. old, am giving a knowledgeable Disney fan advice, but I just had to share my experiences... :D Lastly, have fun! You will love the BC!

~mariamouse~ :smooth:

Thank you so much, mariamouse! I really appreciate it!!! :) I hope I love the Beach Club - I'm sure I will! We'll only be there for a few nights (quick trip), so maybe we'll decide to stay there on our next weeklong trip! I'm really excited to try out a "different part of Disney"!

Thanks again! Keep giving your great info!!! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter