Help with rental car rates

TiggerPU88

WDW & DCL Fan!
Yikes!

We need a rental car for 8 days and are finding it to be quite expensive. ($240 for an intermediate car from 10/2 - 10/10.) We would prefer a "walk to" airport location, so that means National, Budget, Dollar and Avis. Can anyone recommend a discount code? Do you have any other suggestions? Even at this rate and wioth parking at Cape Canaveral, it will be cheaper than renting fo four days and using Disney Cruise Line transfers, but this still seems high to me.

Thanks!

-- Adrienne : )

Hello TiggerPU88- We are in the process of booking now for our Jan.03 vacation. We've found some deals.
Dollar- used rate code DESTC
National-(we are disney club members)-rate code NHOL, contract ID# 5901600 If this combo of codes work for you and you're not a disney club member, it might pay to join.
Avis- used rate code D002807
Hope some help, post any good finds you may come across.

Mark and Sandra:

I was just wondering where the avis code is from? Do you need a coupon or membership?

thanks.

Things are definately more expensive this year in the rental car area...I found Dollar ro be cheapest for us using the FISH code (which anyone can use and no coupon needed) but we are going 8/25-9/1 (8 day rental) and our total is 195.00 for a compact. Try the codes on mousesavers.com, they have alot of codes to try. I know that Alamo is having a sale now, however u have to take the shuttle for them. Payless was also cheaper, but again, its a shuttled location.

Hi everyone & thanks for the ideas.

I made a reservation through Orlando.com, which got me a rate of $145 for the week, plus $43 for the extra day, for an intermediate car. This was slightly below what I could get on Dollar's site and far below what I could get on National's.

If you hear of any other great rates, let me know!

-- Adrienne : )

bev r.- I got it on these boards, on Budget Board- Car Rental Codes thread started by twinmom1292. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter