Help with redeeming a Southwest Air voucher

Bºoºbbie

Earning My Ears
Anyone have experience with redeeming a Southwest air voucher? I have called the airlines direct but get different answers each time. I currently have ressies for my up coming trip. Once I'm at the airport I thought I would try to redeem it in person. Not sure I want to take a bump ever again if this is going to be such trouble. TIA.

What problem are you having using it? What answers are they giving you?We've used ours successfully. You have to call them to book your trip to use the voucher. You can't book on line.

We had been told the last voucher (when we took the bump) could be used by ATA, but when I called to make ressies to HI, I was told no. They are partners with them, but not sharing vouchers. I spoke to customer service, who suggested I book using cash, and they would refund several of our past trips to FL in return, for the same amount. I still got to keep my reward points. I find they bend over backward to be helpful.

Bºoºbbie said:
Anyone have experience with redeeming a Southwest air voucher? I have called the airlines direct but get different answers each time. I currently have ressies for my up coming trip. Once I'm at the airport I thought I would try to redeem it in person. Not sure I want to take a bump ever again if this is going to be such trouble. TIA.

SW people told me I needed to drive to the airport to purchase my fairs at the ticket counter. I could not use them on the internet. I suggested taking the voucher to our local travel agent, they said no to that as well. When we took the bump I was told they would treat my voucher as cash, not to lose it since they had no way of telling whose or how much the voucher was for. I just figured we could book our next flight with it.

As long as I get my credit I will be happy. They need to change their system, instead of paper vouchers they could do travel credits which you could then access through SW site.

I also posted on the transportation board. Someone there state they mailed their voucher with receipt when travel was complete. I am hoping to find out something when we go to Orlando or when we return home.

Don't know if a bumped travel voucher works the same way......but, I had ticketless travel funds online which were going to expire 7/15/06. Since we were unable to travel before that date, but, do have a trip planned for mid October and had already booked those fares I called SW customer service and they extended my ticketless travel funds for six months, however, not in the form of ticketless travel funds but a paper voucher which they sent to me. They explained to me that I needed to pay for our October trip/make the trip/and when we return from the trip I need to send our itinerary of flights made along with the paper voucher and they will credit the cc I used to make the original purchase (the one I received the ticketless travel funds for) for the amount shown on the paper voucher. Sounds like a roundabout way to get the credit, I agree, but as long as I get the credit I don't care.......

Yes, I did have to mail my voucher in..and I used signature mail. After I scanned it. But I made my ressie on line. It would have been even easier if I hadn't been told I could use it for ATA. I suggest you call customer service, when you are ready to book. I was told I could not use it to book on the internet.

Bºoºbbie said:
SW people told me I needed to drive to the airport to purchase my fairs at the ticket counter. I could not use them on the internet. I suggested taking the voucher to our local travel agent, they said no to that as well. When we took the bump I was told they would treat my voucher as cash, not to lose it since they had no way of telling whose or how much the voucher was for. I just figured we could book our next flight with it.

As long as I get my credit I will be happy. They need to change their system, instead of paper vouchers they could do travel credits which you could then access through SW site.

I also posted on the transportation board. Someone there state they mailed their voucher with receipt when travel was complete. I am hoping to find out something when we go to Orlando or when we return home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter